Another Fabrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Fabrication

Majority of muslims when they recite surah Al-Fatiha, in the end they loudly say " Ameen" Where did this garbage come from? Who added this word to the end of this surah? Another example of contamination of the religion by these dirty, foul smelling, ill-mannered, illiterate and in some cases blind, self proclaimed custodians of Islam.

------------------
    Punjabi Kurhi

amy it is a good thing to point out facts but it is NOT GOOD THING to use such harsh words.

Comment

Originally posted by amy:
      Majority of muslims when they recite surah Al-Fatiha, in the end they loudly say " Ameen" Where did this garbage come from? Who added this word to the end of this surah? Another example of contamination of the religion by these dirty, foul smelling, ill-mannered, illiterate and in some cases blind, self proclaimed custodians of Islam.

Do you know what "ameen" means?

What sect do you adhere to?

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul Basit:

Do you know what "ameen" means?

What sect do you adhere to?
        Control yourself, question is who modified quran. I don't see Ameen at the end of this surah. I don't adhere to any sect. That will be defying the word of God and totally against quran.

------------------
        Punjabi Kurhi

[This message has been edited by amy (edited June 10, 2001).]

Comment

Amy, there are allots of things which prophet did and are not part of Koraan.

Ameen was practiced by Prophet Muhammad(saw) and we Muslims have proof to uphold that action. Please see these books:

When he (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) finished reciting al- Faatihah, he would say:
          ("aameen") loudly, prolonging his voice

Bukhaari in Juz' al-Qiraa'ah & Abu Daawood with a saheeh isnaad.

He also used to order the congregation to say aameen: When the imaam says,

"Not of those who receive (Your) anger, nor of those who go astray", then say "aameen" [for the angels say "aameen" and the imaam says aameen"] (in another narration: when the imaam says "aameen" say "aameen"), so he whose aameen coincides with the aameen of the angels (in another narration: when one of you says "aameen" in prayer and the angels in the sky say "aameen", and they coincide), his past sins are forgiven.150 In another hadeeth: ... then say aameen; Allaah will answer you.

Ref: Bukhaari , Muslim, Nasaa'i, & Daarimi; the additional wordings are reported by the latter two, and prove that this hadeeth cannot justify that the imaam does not say aameen, as reported from Maalik; hence, Ibn Hajar says in Fath al-Baari, "It clearly shows that the imaam says aameen." Ibn `Abdul Barr says in Tamheed (7/13), "It is the view of the majority of the Muslims, including Maalik as the people of Madeenah report from him, for it is authentic from Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam) through the ahaadeeth of Abu Hurairah (i.e. this one) and that of Waa'il ibn Hujr (i.e. the previous one)."
          Muslim & Abu `Awaanah.

He also used to say: The Jews do not envy you over anything as much as they envy you over the salutation and aameen [behind the imaam]

Bukhaari in al-Adab al-Mufrad, Ibn Maajah, Ibn Khuzaimah, Ahmad & Siraaj with two saheeh isnaads.

Comment

I am sure you will say you don't believe in those books hence you don't believe what they say. But we believe in those books and that is why we say Ameen because Prophet(saw) said so.

Comment

The meaning of the word ameen is "please answer". For more information (if that is what you want) please visit:
              http://www.mosque.com/ch1.html
              "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul Basit:
                I am sure you will say you don't believe in those books hence you don't believe what they say. But we believe in those books and that is why we say Ameen because Prophet(saw) said so.
                Let me just clear the things one more time. I don't believe in any thing about the religion written by any human being. After the last sermon of the prophet, all messages from God have ended.

------------------
                Punjabi Kurhi

Comment

Let me just clear the things one more time. I don't believe in any thing about the religion written by any human being. After the last sermon of the prophet, all messages from God have ended.

Amy, those books have documented the way and life of Prophet(saw). Those books do not creat new jurisprudence in Islam, they only tell us the life of prophet Muhammed(saw). Now which Muslim is so stupid not to want to know the life and way of Prophet Muhammed(saw)? There are no other books to tell you how prophet Muhammed(saw) performed certain actions and what he did and how he did.

Now, you can pray however you like according to your will. But a Muslim person is one who follows Islam in a civilized way. He follows some principles set by Mohammed(saw) that this is how prayer should be carried out.

Comment

Ameen means 'A supplication meaning, "O Allah, respond (to or answer what we have said)."'

Surah Al-Fatiha is basically a prayer
                    wait lemme do a translation

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
                    Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,
                    The Beneficent, the Merciful
                    Master of the Day of Judgment.
                    Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.
                    Show us the straight way,
                    The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

alrite now read very carefully
                    whoever is reciting the surah is asking Allah to guide em, show them the right path, and keep them away from sins

the word Ameen is not included in the Surah
                    but it is used as an end

like when we pray to Allah or do Duas and stuff we say Ameen at the end because we want him to respond to our prayers

nobody is saying its written in the Quran
                    Its a Dua and Ameen is said as an ending that I have done my dua now kindly respong please

Comment

Dear amy

The usage of the word Ameen is quite pertinent once you consider the situation within which it is employed.

Surah Al-Faatihah, as you know, is recited during prayers during the beginning of Qiyaam. It is also placed at the beginning of the Qur'an. The cited objection to the usage of Ameen regarding the inclusion of Surah Al-Faatihah is due to a slight misconception of its role. The Surah is actually a supplication by man to God. The whole remainder of the Qur'an is actually a response to that supplication. This is why Surah Al-Faatihah is placed at the beginning of the Qur'an itself. And this is why the word Ameen is used in order to request that response. Whenever you recite the Qur'an, it is not a one way communication. Effectively, you are engaging in a conversation with The Almighty. It is a two way dialogue.

An example may make this more clear. As you know, it is obligatory to recite Surah Al-Faatihah during prayers. When you recite the Qur'an, for example during Sala’h, it signifies a dialogue between man and God, rather than a one-way communication. During the Qiyaam, it is quite evident that we recite Surah Al-Faatihah as a supplication to God for our guidance to the straight path and conclude it with the word Ameen. Thus the recitation of the Qur’an that follows the recitation of Surah Al-Faatihah is not a continuation of our supplication for guidance but, on the contrary, a response to it. This recitation of a part of the Qur’an, as a response to our supplication for guidance to the path of eternal success, signifies the Islamic belief that, with the advent of the last Prophet (pbuh), the Qur’an is the only reliable path to eternal success and salvation. This explanation should also explain the recitation of Surahs like Surah Al-Ikhlaas, which are addressed not to God, but to man in response to his supplication for guidance. This is why the beginning of Surah Al-Ikhlaas, begins with the word "Say..." in response to the supplication of Surah Al-Faatihah.

But that is not to say I'm not wrong.

But I hope this will help.

The Learner

------------------
                      They shoot partypoopers, don't they?

Comment

Mr. Partypooper:

If the Almighty wanted it, he would have put it there for us to say.

------------------
                        Punjabi Kurhi

Comment

Now, you can pray however you like according to your will. But a Muslim person is one who follows Islam in a civilized way. He follows some principles set by Mohammed(saw) that this is how prayer should be carried out.

Thank you for allowing me to pray however I want. A true muslim is one who prays as written in Quran. He/She follows what's written in Quran and discards the garbage written by humans.

------------------
                          Punjabi Kurhi

Comment

are you calling the hadith "garbage" naudhubillah?

?

Comment

Thank you for allowing me to pray however I want. A true muslim is one who prays as written in Quran. He/She follows what's written in Quran and discards the garbage written by humans.

Where in Koraan is the detail of prayer written? Allaah tells us to read namaaz, he doesn't tell us HOW to read it.

Moreover, you are suppose to perform namaaz like Prophet(saw) did, not HOWEVER YOU want to. That is not Islam, that is following your own will against the will of Allaah and Muhammed(saw) and that is biggest sin you can commit.

As I said, you follow some principles, some quidence when practicing Islam. Those principles were/are set by Muhammed(saw) and you are required to follow them. I asked you some other things too(do you care to read others reply fully before replying?)

Comment

Working...
                              X