on completeness of quran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on completeness of quran

i have one doubt. only serious reply please.

how does one know that quran is complete? when prophet mohammad received the last verse from god, did he tell people that this was last verse and he is not going to receive any further dictation. is it possible that prophet mohammad died before god could send all necessary messages to him.

The Qur'aan cannot be forged: 10:37,11:13,12:111,16:101,16:103,52:32-34

There is no crookedness, discrepancy or falsehood in the Qur'aan:
    4:82,18:1,39:28,41:42

The Qur'aan cannot be altered:
    6:115,10:15,18:27

Allah Himself is the Guardian of the Qur'aan:
    15:9

Once you have checked the references, you will see that the Qur'aan is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:
      how does one know that quran is complete?

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. (5:3)

Comment

During his last sermon, Prophet Muhammad explicitly stated that he has delivered the message of Allah and his mission is completed so there should be no doubt about it. As a non muslim you can continue to doubt but I don't think any muslim carries this notion.

Comment

No offence guys!

Anything that doesn't change is cursed to die! What seems to be right today might be completely ridiculuous a few millenia from now. Human history is filled with plenty of events that prove this.

Hinduism has survived until today because of the way it has changed many many times and thus gotten matured. Christianity officially accepted that the earth went around the Sun and earth is spherical in early 1990s.

In fact even Islam is changing. What Islam was in 14th Century (Like the Islam of Taliban) is not how Islam is implemented in rest of the world at this time. Does Benazir Bhutto wear a burqa with a window? However corrupt she might have been, Pakistanis have accepted her once (as their PM) when she did not follow the rules of Islam strictly. So hasn't the people accepted the change?

In essence, either the world (I mean the mankind) has to stop changing or Islam has to change. Else it is surely on a collision course!

Last but not the least, don't tell me Islam has remained static the last 1400 or so years. It surely has changed and mind you 1400 years is a miniscule to compare when we talk about the life-spans of major religions.

So, if Quran doesn't change, will it survive? I doubt that!

Now don't jump up and down shouting Islam was given by god, hence it is sealed in time or Islam has already revealed everything that we have got to know for the next 10 billion years, until SUN dies etc.. And please don't shout how Hindus drink urine as health drink or pray to cows or burn women for fire every morning to warm the breakfast etc.!

This is a call to those people who can seal these emotions outside this thread. Others, please think I am moron and do us a favour by not participating in this discussion!

ZZ, didn't want to detract your thread. If you don't want this discussion here, let me know, I'll open a new one!

Comment

Kumarakn,

Majority of Muslims compromise when it comes to eating, drinking or pray habits. So is burqa and many other outdated dogmas.

But they are rigid when it is about the Prophet and his life style. Why?
            (Pls correct me if I am wrong.)

Rgds

Comment

Originally posted by Girl from Quraysh:

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. (5:3)

This has been my point all along. Then who needs man made fabrications and lies like hadith.

------------------
              Punjabi Kurhi

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by analyze it:
                During his last sermon, Prophet Muhammad explicitly stated that he has delivered the message of Allah and his mission is completed so there should be no doubt about it.

OK! fine! that answers my question.

Comment

good spirit ZZ

moderator would u plz close this thread as it has served its purpose...

Comment

Working...
                  X