Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great site to determine halal and haram food

Assalam-o-Alaikum everyone,

I found this web site the other day, which is great for determining what kind of foods and products are halal and which ones are not. The address is: www.ifanca.org. This is the site of "Islamic food and nutrition council of North America." The site has a lot of good information about halal and haram foods.

Please take a few minutes to look at this site, because as Muslims, it's our responsibility to make sure that we eat halal.

[This message has been edited by paki boy (edited June 10, 2001).]
    Don't argue with ignorants. They will first drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

Jazakallah !! Thnkx

------------------
    "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
    (11:55-56)

Comment

Originally posted by paki boy:
      ... because as Muslims, it's our responsibility to make sure that we eat halal...
      It is also good to write the mfgs. about our preferences and let them know that we will patronize their products if they meet our needs. It won't make much difference in the beginning but as querries grow, thus, the level of attention by them. I have written a few times and now plan to increase the addresses in my address book to include the major players. I will do what small act I can do.

Comment

Great idea

Don't argue with ignorants. They will first drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

Comment

Here are some other informative links posted up by a member in general, about a month ago:

Originally posted by Hinna (28/04/01):
          I know this should be in religion..but I thought it would get a better response here...

I was searching for halal certification on some icecream bars my bro bought because they contain mono glycerides and diglyceride. These ingrediants can be from animal or vegetable sources. I stumbled upon a website by the Muslim Consumer Group- Home of Halal Foods http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com and it has a listing of all these products that are and are not halal. Man..was I surprised at some of the stuff that I read.

A few other links that I strongly suggest you take a look at are:
          - SoundVision's Halal and Healthy Living in Islam http://www.soundvision.com/halalhealthy/index.shtml

- Eat-halal.com http://www.eat-halal.com/

Comment

Working...
          X