Can someone explain it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain it?

Although it does not seem logical with our current medical knowledge but may prove to be correct with scientific advancement. Anybody would dare to comment. Thias is from Sahih Bukhari.
    ============================================
    Volume 4, Book 55, Number 546:
    Narrated Anas:

When 'Abdullah bin Salam heard the arrival of the Prophet at Medina, he came to him and said, "I am going to ask you about three things which nobody knows except a prophet: What is the first portent of the Hour? What will be the first meal taken by the people of Paradise? Why does a child resemble its father, and why does it resemble its maternal uncle" Allah's Apostle said, "Gabriel has just now told me of their answers." 'Abdullah said, "He (i.e. Gabriel), from amongst all the angels, is the enemy of the Jews." Allah's Apostle said, "The first portent of the Hour will be a fire that will bring together the people from the east to the west; the first meal of the people of Paradise will be Extra-lobe (caudate lobe) of fish-liver. As for the resemblance of the child to its parents: If a man has sexual intercourse with his wife and gets discharge first, the child will resemble the father, and if the woman gets discharge first, the child will resemble her." On that 'Abdullah bin Salam said, "I testify that you are the Apostle of Allah." 'Abdullah bin Salam further said, "O Allah's Apostle! The Jews are liars, and if they should come to know about my conversion to Islam before you ask them (about me), they would tell a lie about me." The Jews came to Allah's Apostle and 'Abdullah went inside the house. Allah's Apostle asked (the Jews), "What kind of man is 'Abdullah bin Salam amongst you?" They replied, "He is the most learned person amongst us, and the best amongst us, and the son of the best amongst us." Allah's Apostle said, "What do you think if he embraces Islam (will you do as he does)?" The Jews said, "May Allah save him from it." Then 'Abdullah bin Salam came out in front of them saying, "I testify that None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah." Thereupon they said, "He is the evilest among us, and the son of the evilest amongst us," and continued talking badly of him.

my english friend reverted to islam when she read that the quran contained scientific knowledge people only learned ten years ago.
    its amazing how everything is put in the quran and hadith for us and some of us are yet too blind of all the knowledge we are provided with.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sheba:
        my english friend reverted to islam when she read that the quran contained scientific knowledge people only learned ten years ago.
        its amazing how everything is put in the quran and hadith for us and some of us are yet too blind of all the knowledge we are provided with.
        Sheba, that does not answer the question...

------------------
        Get Back to Where you Once Belonged!

Comment

no one has attempted to explain it as yet!!!!

Comment

Analyze it, Its taken from Sahi Bukhari which only few of the muslims claim to be 100% authentic.

"And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

Originally posted by Pagluu:
              Analyze it, Its taken from Sahi Bukhari which only few of the muslims claim to be 100% authentic.

=============================================
              Only few of the muslims
              To my knowledge, this is considered to be the most authentic of all Hadith books by sunni muslims(about 85-90% of whole muslim world).

Comment

Is there total agreement amongst Ahle-Sunnah scholars about all of the hadiths in Bukhari's collection being 100% correct? For example, as I undertand Imam Abu Hanafi stated that during namaaz, the people behind the imam do not have to recite Sura Al-Fatiha as the imam's recitation is sufficient for the whole jama'at (based on a hadith frm the Sahih of Muslim), whereas Imam Ash-Shafie stated that you do have to read Al-Fatiha behind the imam. Maybe I was not not looking hard enough (as I think my Sahih Al-Bukhari may be condensed), but in Bukhari's sahih I think I could only find evidence for the Shafie view and not the Hanafi view.

If this is true it would have meant that Imam Hanafi disputed a hadith from Sahih Al-Bukhari.

Could someone please provide me with more details.
                Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                Al-Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by Pagluu:

my dear friend please dont twist facts actually a vast majority of muslims consider Sahih Bukhari as the most authentic Hadith collection... so which shia hadith collection is more read than this one ??

Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT:
                    Is there total agreement amongst Ahle-Sunnah scholars about all of the hadiths in Bukhari's collection being 100% correct? For example, as I undertand Imam Abu Hanafi stated that during namaaz, the people behind the imam do not have to recite Sura Al-Fatiha as the imam's recitation is sufficient for the whole jama'at (based on a hadith frm the Sahih of Muslim), whereas Imam Ash-Shafie stated that you do have to read Al-Fatiha behind the imam. Maybe I was not not looking hard enough (as I think my Sahih Al-Bukhari may be condensed), but in Bukhari's sahih I think I could only find evidence for the Shafie view and not the Hanafi view.

If this is true it would have meant that Imam Hanafi disputed a hadith from Sahih Al-Bukhari.

Could someone please provide me with more details.
                    According to my poor knowledge, i never talked in religion before. I think the matter u asked above, we should not discussed such matters, who result in wrong way. Here is no Aalam i think who comes on GupShup. These are the things that we should ask from some Aalim-i-Deen. But its also said that we should take views from more than one Aalims and then think what we should follow.Anybody can give wrong information. Thats os the reason i never talk about religious matters here.

Well according to my poor knowledge, After Prophet Muhammad (SallalahAlaiheWasalam) death, there came a period when some people starting deriving Hadiths from theirselves. So then it was also difficult to know which Hadth is "Mustanad"(right). Also secondly some hadiths were said by Prophet on some special occasions that were only meanable for that occasions. So there came an existance of "Zaif Hadths"(Hadiths that r not narrated by authnticated sources).

Imam Shafai said that we should only follow Quran and Hadith and get every solution for the problems from Quran and Hadith wether its Zaif or Mustanad. On the other hand, Imam Abu Hanfai had also knowledge of Hadiths but he only authenticated the Mustanad Hadiths, he did not discussed about Zaif Hadiths. Also he blieved that not all matters of life be solved by Quran and Hadit so "Qayas"(derivation of matters from Quran and Haiths by Aalims, the matters which solution is not in Quran and Hadith) hould also be followed.
                    But at the whole, we should not say that any imam was wrong, they were right on their own, just we should follow him who we can...

Comment

Originally posted by Degas:
                      my dear friend please dont twist facts actually a vast majority of muslims consider Sahih Bukhari as the most authentic Hadith collection... so which shia hadith collection is more read than this one ??

yes Sahi Bukhari hadiths are called the Mustanad Hadiths among majority of Muslims.

Comment

What people consider as authentic and whether it really is authentic are two different things.

Every individual should evaluate it to his/her own satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by a1shah:
                          What people consider as authentic and whether it really is authentic are two different things.

Every individual should evaluate it to his/her own satisfaction.
                          as no one including u and me dont know whats authentic so we cant discuss that...but the question was vast majority consider Sahih Bukhari as most authentic so u and me cant do anything... other people have the same right to consider and follow their faith and beliefs...

Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

I guess we are just discussing the Sahih bukhari being 100% authentic or not. This is not the point and it takes us away from my original question.
                            Just assume the hadith is authentic since it is taken from a very well respected book.
                            Discuss the highlighted part of hadiths not the source. Nobody dared to address the question yet!

Comment

Here is the answer:

Allah knows best!

Comment

Working...
                              X