Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover a man from head to toe?

Posted in another thread,

Why do *only* women have to be covered? Why not cover men from head to toe too?
    Whats the difference and why is there this distinction?

i gues women are not that visual and impulsive
    like men.

[This message has been edited by rvikz (edited May 29, 2001).]

Comment

yeah cover men too..
      good idea .
      why only women..

Comment

different mindset?

Comment

Can you guys elaborate a lil more...in regards to Islam maybe?

Comment

gfq aap to bura hi maan gayen... I think most of the girls who cover themselves like it...
            Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Why don't you ask the one who commanded the women to do so?

Comment

Because Allah ordered in Quran.
                Any problems with that???

Comment

GFQ, I have a feeling that you have a debate or a line of reasoning up your sleeve. I am here to learn as much as I am here to discuss.

You know my opinion, now let's hear yours

Comment

Originally posted by analyze it:
                    Because Allah ordered in Quran.
                    Any problems with that???
                    Now thats the spirit. 200% totally agree.

Comment

This is so because of what Islam teaches us. Womens aurah is there entire body, except hands and face, or so the majority of the Islamic community has concluded with basis on Quran and Sunnah. Mens Aurah is from the knees to the navel. Aurah is the part which has to be covered.

The first thing that ought to run through our minds are to accept this without even thinking as these are the words of Allah himself, the All-knowing.

However, one doesn't need to do that much research before we see that men are physically much more drawn towards the women than oposite is the case. Without sounding like a chauvinist I would beleive that the stability of society is best kept and maintained with a sensible implementation of these rules.

I tried to put it short. Any questions ?

------------------
                      ~Survival of the smartest~

Comment

Even before "GOD" was introduced there were some men who (were recently empowered), decided that from now own the women with all those bare breasts should cover them selves.... why they decided that ….is yet to be known….
                        But one thing is for sure, they started doing that when women lost their right to be equal to men for the first time.
                        بِن دانا پانی میں جی لواں
                        بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

Originally posted by aMiGo:
                          Mens Aurah is from the knees to the navel. Aurah is the part which has to be covered.
                          How many posts have you seen in the image forum admiring a guy with pictures taken between knees and the navel? You will find that pictures of guys also include face, hands and bodies because (suprise suprise) lots of females find attraction in these body parts.

However, one doesn't need to do that much research before we see that men are physically much more drawn towards the women than oposite is the case. Without sounding like a chauvinist I would beleive that the stability of society is best kept and maintained with a sensible implementation of these rules.
                          I agree that we should have *sensible* rules.

However, until girls no longer are tempted by the sight of an immodestly dressed man, I suggest you apply equal rules to both sexes when trying to "enforce" modesty.

[This message has been edited by Pilot25 (edited May 30, 2001).]

Comment

Pilot25, the definition of Aurah havent been made by me, but is found in hadithes. I could post references if you like. Of course the rule of dressing modestly as in wearing "non-revealing" clothes applies to men to.

However the fact is that the sharmo-haya concept is different on a male and a female. So its stated in Quran and Sunnah. No discussions.

I think I'll post some hadithes...

------------------
                            ~Survival of the smartest~

Comment

strange but in some tribes of Africa, men (i think it's married man) have to wear cover and not women.

I wonder how many people think that it is bad in that harsh environment.

Comment

Working...
                              X