X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eid-i- Miladun Nabi Mubarak

(HH)

Eid Mubarak brothers and sisters,

For in this month, Allah (swt) sent to mankind our holy prophet (pbuh), Muhammed Mustafa, as a symbol of his mercy.

Allah's (swt) blessings be upon our holy prophet (pbuh) and his progeny.

ws.

should we celebrate or should we mourn?
    because he was born, gives the reason to celebrate, but what about his departure/death?

did sahaba, tabi'een, taba-tabi'een celebrate Prophet's birthday? the way we celebrate it today?

may Allah Guide us all. aameen

------------------
    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Bro.....
      Your family used to celebrate your birthday every year......they would invite relatives
      they will blow candles......
      cake would be cut....
      nice food would be served....
      everybody used to be so happy....
      But

everybody should have been mourning instead(according to your theory)
      because you have lost another year of your life.....

always look at the bright side of the picture
      Prophet's(Sall Allah hou Alaihe Wasallam) departure doesn't mean anything to us
      he is always among us

Comment

Originally posted by wasir:

he is always among us
        [/B]
        ==========================================

Interesting thought, wasir.
        If his departure(death) does not mean anything to you because he is always among us then his arrival(birth) should not mean anything either since he was always among us even before he was born.

Comment

Originally posted by wasir:
          Bro.....
          Your family used to celebrate your birthday every year......they would invite relatives
          they will blow candles......
          cake would be cut....
          nice food would be served....
          everybody used to be so happy....
          But

everybody should have been mourning instead(according to your theory)
          because you have lost another year of your life.....

he is always among us
          celebrating birthdays has always been a point of my disagreement. i'm from a family who once in a while would celebrate someone's birthday but it does not have anything to do with religion its because WE (as a servant nation of west) imitate them a lot in our day-to-day life.

what i wanted to say in earlier message was that same day 12th Rabbiul-Awwal is said for Prophet's birthday as well as day of departure. so should we celebrate "birthday" or mourn "death anniversary" ? regardless of I celebrate my birthday with a cake or mourn loss of one year of my life....

------------------
          We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Celebrating the Prophets birth is just us thanking Allah for sending the Prophet Muhammad, who brought people from darkness to the light of Islam.

Eid Mubarak... To All!
            Ahmad G
            Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
              ... so should we celebrate "birthday" or mourn "death anniversary" ? regardless of I celebrate my birthday with a cake or mourn loss of one year of my life....

I just realized your question.

Muslims do not and should not copy Kuffar in their actions. Muslims do not imitate christians when we celebrate Mawlidun-Nabiyy, because we believe Muhammad is a Prophet.

We celebrate the birth of the Prophet because we thank Allah for sending Muhammad to the us. Scholars of Ahlus-sunnah from six hundred years ago (600), when Mawlid was initatiated by a great Muslim scholar, they have affirmed that it was a good innovation.

Hence, Celebrating Miladun-Nabiyy is a good and rewardable deed insha'llah. One just needs to learn to know that.

------------------
              <<>> Learning the Obligatory Knowledge of the Religion puts the Muslim on the road for excellence and self-betterment. Acquire The Islamic Knowledge Before You Discuss Religion!!

Ahmad/Islamic Studies
              Ahmad G
              Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Comment

Working...
              X