Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Sunni Muslim??

How can sunni be muslim, when
    They don't give special status to Ahle Bait?
    They don't consider Ali as Imam?
    They respect AbuBakr, Umer ,Uthmaan, Muawia and Aisha?
    They don't think Ali was successor to prophet?
    They don't believe in Imamat?

People have asked if Shias are muslim but I think this question should be asked to sunnis as well.

can you define "MUSLIM" ?
    what are the basic requirements put forth by Allah and HIS Prophet PBUH to be "Muslim" ?

------------------
    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Senior Member,
      I am Shia too, but respecting and disrespecting Imams and Khalifatul rashideen has nothing to do with being a muslim. Sorry ma you are out of line

------------------
      cogito ergo sum... "I think therefore I am..." & "I am therefore I think"

Comment

sunnis are not muslim
        shias are not muslim
        deobandis are not muslim
        barelvis are not muslim
        ahmedis are not muslim

only muslims are muslim

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I don't know who gave u the right to question anyone's musalmaniyat. Are you a maulvi or a priest? I think you must be a priest coz even maulvis aren't allowed to question this.

Comment

Originally posted by analyze it:

People have asked if Shias are muslim but I think this question should be asked to sunnis as well.
            I dont think one has to become muslim in order to do any of those things... except sunnis consider Hazrat Ali as Fourth Imam... do u think as Islam spread in the world these questions were posed as a condition to become muslim.. I feel to become muslim I only need those things..if someone thinks its that persons problem..

Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Same goes for people who think the above is right. I am sure I am not one of them who thinks like the above.

Comment

Khan sahib, concept of Imamat is the basic concept of Islam. How come somebody be muslim while denying the concept of Imamat and denying the Ali being the Wali?

Comment

Analyze it;

Is this really you speaking ?

Or have you been abducted by an alien being ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                    sunnis are not muslim
                    shias are not muslim
                    deobandis are not muslim
                    barelvis are not muslim
                    ahmedis are not muslim

only muslims are muslim

------------------
                    *We are the Taleban-Resistance is Futile*
                    Sin: Osama Bin Junior

Comment

Originally posted by a1shah:
                      Analyze it;

Is this really you speaking ?

Or have you been abducted by an alien being ?
                      =============================================
                      Yes, I am impressed by you people and have a free mind. My mind is sometime abducted by Shias. I think Shias claims do have some merits in it and sunnis are not always right.
                      I do have a right to change my mind, though.

Comment

Wasn't the quran the last revalation and Mohammed(PBUH) the last messenger who basically gave the whole ISLAM to his Ummah and nothing should have been added after that, I think you should base you facts on the Quran before speaking, I mean what Almost 80% muslims are Sunni...Are you trying to say they are idiots???

Comment

KS,

I guess what you have to ask yourself is that are you really following the Islam as presented to us by the holy prophet (pbuh) or are you following an interpretation as presented to you by the first 3 caliphs and all subsequent scholars who supported them.

Naturally, shias too follow Islam as taught to us by the purified progeny of the holy apostle (pbuh).

The question arises - who was most qualified to teach Islam to the ummah. Just by having the holy qur'an cannot be sufficient since it holds deep meanings which can be mistakenly interpretated in many ways. The true meanings of this holy book can only be revealed by those pure souls who have been given the knowledge to convey its in depth beauty.

It is for this reason that the holy apostle (pbuh) said that he is leaving behind two things; the qur'an and its guardian, his holy ahl bait.

Yet it was the second of the three who chose to say " The Qur'an is sufficient for us ".

If the qur'an was truly sufficient, there would not be so many different verdicts, so many different sects.

Food for thought.

Comment

KS,

Refer to the following quranic verse :-

[al-Ma'idah 5:67] O Apostle! deliver what has been revealed to you from your Lord; and if you do it not, then you have not delivered His message, and Allah will protect you from the people; surely Allah will not guide the unbelieving people.

What was revealed to the holy apostle (pbuh) at this occassion ? It was so important that the holy messenger himself is being threatened by Allah (swt) that if he didn't convery this message, his entire life's work of prophethood would be voided ?

And who were these people that Allah (swt) is saying he would protect the prophet (pbuh) from ?

Have you ever attempted to find out ?

Comment

The Qur'an states:

"Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O' People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt), and purify you with a perfect purification."
                              - The Holy Qur'an, last sentence of verse 33:33

A tradition (Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 351,663) states:

The verse "Verily Allah intends to... (33:33)" was revealed to the Prophet in the house of Umm Salama. Upon that, the Prophet gathered Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husein, and covered them with a cloak, and he also covered Ali who was behind him. Then the Prophet said: "O' Allah! These are the Members of my House (Ahlul-Bayt). Keep them away from every impurity and purify them with a perfect purification." Umm Salama asked: "Am I also included among them O Apostle of Allah?" the Prophet replied: "You remain in your position and you are toward a good ending."
                              - see Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 351,663

Comment

Working...
                              X