Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that allowed in islam

Are we allowed to do love marriages?

Islam gave right to both parties for there acceptene if one is not in favour does they should go along with the arrangment of marriage.

What are the consequences of love marriage?

i`m asking these questions as respect to religon are there any Hadiat`s or Ayaat on this,

what you mean by love marriage?? are you mean men/women meett up before marriage and decide they wnat to married?

------------------
    "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

Comment

Well an Islamically valid marriage, as far as I can make out, is simply a case of offer of marriage, acceptance of offer by the girl, and the presence of witnesses to this act. ( If I'm wrong can someone please correct me )
      Subject to the constraints:
      Muslim Man, Muslim Woman
      Muslim Man, Christian Woman
      Muslim Man, Jewish Woman

BUT dating is not allowed. Hence if someone truely follows Islam he/she should not end up in a situation where a love marriage is desired.
      Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
      Al-Ghazali

Comment

It depends on how you define the term "Love Marriage"!

A good example would be AnHazoor (saw) and Hazrat Khadija (ra)
        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by juMurA:
          Are we allowed to do love marriages?

Islam gave right to both parties for there acceptene if one is not in favour does they should go along with the arrangment of marriage.
          juMurAy,
          Looks like you are asking two seperate questions here, one on love marriage and second on arranged marriage.
          Well as far as Islam is concerned Islam allows (and encourages) 'marriage'.

Now there are ofcourse some guidelines regarding marriage which you can look up to answer your queries, as to what is allowed and what is right and what is not.

But as I said, what Islam allows is 'marriage' and in the case of love marriage it's what happens before the marriage that is more important.
          Islam has no problem with two people getting married because of love, but what happens before the marriage is very important.

Comment

You can fall in love but you can't fall in bed with someone before marriage, LOL, I hope that expalins.

------------------
            Punjabi Kurhi

Comment

Working...
            X