Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loving Sahabah (Companions) IS A MUST.. Without exaggerating..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I start with the name of Allah. I praise Allah and thank Him for the blessings of Islam.

I humbly ask Allah to raise the rank of our Prophet, Muhammad, and his kind Al and Sahabah (Companions) and to protect his nation from that which he fears for them.

Brothers & Sisters, itís doubtless that one must love and respect the Sahabah, the companions of the prophet peace be upon him. Sahabah are those who lived and believed in Prophet Muhammad. They are the ones that delivered the dawa to people.

They are blessed by the most beloved and best Prophets, Muhammad. Prophet said what means: "Do not curse my Companions". Cursing ALL sahabah is kufur according to Islam and cursing some is a sin. knowing that not ALL sahabah are the Awlia' of Allah.

All Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jama^ah respect the Prophet and Sahabah.

May Allah grant us the Blessings of the Prophet and his Sahabah.
    I pray to Allah to grant us the proper intention, the ability to understand, and the reward in the Hereafter.

[This message has been edited by Ahmad G (edited May 15, 2001).]
    Ahmad G
    Islamic Studies Teacher/Student.

Ahmad G

Comment

Good message ahmad bhai

Love for Prophet, his family and their friends (sahabs) is a must.
      "And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

Originally posted by analyze it:
        ...I merely referred to shias replies to your query stating that ALL shias hate most sahabas and it is a fact, not that it is right or wrong.
        Originally posted by Sheraz CT:
        dude i think analyze it is right this time...for a change

there are many reasons why shia's hate these people..if some people are not very open about it does not mean they like them

but anyways its true no shia will have the name of umar usman aisha etc
        Now i'm confused..

Comment

Subhanallah.. Some people do exadgurate. It's best to be intermediate.

------------------
          <<>> Learning the Obligatory Knowledge of the Religion puts the Muslim on the road for excellence and self-betterment. Acquire The Islamic Knowledge Before You Discuss Religion!!

Ahmad/Islamic Studies
          Ahmad G

Comment

Bismillah, Alhamdulillah, wassalatu wassalamu ala Rasoolillah wa aalihi.
            Its a must without any doubts!!
            Our Prophet 'sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam' declared: "Avoid speaking ill of my Sahaba!" Then, we have to deem all the Sahaba of the Prophet as great and speak about them with reverence and good will. We should not think ill of any of these great people! We should consider the combats among them to be better than others' peace. This is the way to salvation. For, loving the Sahaba arises from loving our Master, the Prophet. Enmity against them means enmity against him. The great savant Abu Bakr-i Shibli said, "A person who does not respect the Sa-haba does not have iman in Muhammad 'alaihissalam'."
            There are many hadiths praising all the Sahaba. One of the well-known ones of these is the hadith, 'My Sahaba are like the stars. If you follow any one of them, you will attain guidance to the right way!'
            ---------------------------------------------

ki muhammad se wafa tu ne tu ham tere®hein
            Jahan cheez hai kya looh o kalam tere hein
            ---------------------------------------------

Comment

Salaam, folks; Venturing to this side of the woods to see and come to this guftugoo and to put my 2 cents in:

I concur with what Ahmad G is saying. I remember reading or listening to an elder, been a long time, that belief in Islam is like holding a fist. As the most critical part of the hand is the thumb, so is the Prophet (sws) to Islam and the 4 Shaba are like the fingers. Between these digits, the believe in Islam is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Pagluu:
                Good message ahmad bhai

Indeed
                If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pagluu:
                  Good message ahmad bhai

============================================
                  Indeed, "Love for prophet , his family and (ahlebait) and their frinds ONLY is a must and hate, curse and disrespect for rest of munafiq sahabas is also a must unlike what Ahmed G stated about loving all sahabas.

Comment

Respect for the Companions
                    of the Prophet (s)

This is compilation of the stories and biographies of The Prophet Muhammad's (SAW) Companions obtained from many resources (books, internet, etc.). The lifes of The Companions of The Prophet are the source of knowledge, spirit, inspiration, and guidance for us. Hopeful.

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful

[/b]"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard against the unbelievers, merciful to the believers..." (48:29)

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard against the unbelievers, merciful to the believers..." (48:29)

"The outstrippers, the first of the Muhajirun and the Ansars," (9:100)

"Allah was pleased with the believers when they gave allegiance to you under the tree," (48:18)[/b]

al-Suyuti's Commentary on al-An`am, (6:97)

Al-Suyuti said in al-Durr al-manthur, in commenting on the verses 97 of Surat al-An`am ("And He it is Who hath set for you the stars that ye may guide your course by them amid the darkness of the land and the sea. We have detailed Our revelations for a people who have knowledge"): al-Khatib narrated from `Umar: I heard Allah's Messenger say: "Do not ask about what is in the stars, and do not explain the Qur'an according to your opinion, and do not insult any of my Companions: that is true faith."

Suyuti continues: Ibn Mardawayh, al-Murhabi, and al-Khatib narrated that Maymun ibn Mahran said to Ibn `Abbas: Admonish me. Ibn `Abbas replied: I exhort you to fear Allah, to stay away from astrology because it is an invitation to divination, to beware of mentioning any of the Companions of Allah's Messenger except in good, otherwise Allah will throw you headlong into Jahannam, for Allah has made this Religion triumph through them; and beware of all talk about the Decree, for two people do not talk about it except one or both of them commit sin."

Al-Zuhri has a saying related by Darimi in the introduction to his Sunan: "Beware of evaluating things for yourself. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, if you evaluate things for yourself you will assuredly declare lawful the unlawful and declare unlawful the lawful. Rather, whatever reaches you from those who learned from the Companions of Muhammad -- peace be upon him -- put it into practice."

Similar to this is al-Awza`is' saying: "Knowledge is what comes from the Companions of Muhammad -- peace be upon him -- and whatever does not come from one of them is not knowledge."1

Narrations from Bukhari's Sahih on the rank of Abu Bakr and `Umar:

Narrated Ibn `Abbas: While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for `Umar ibn al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulder and said: "(O `Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger saying: I, Abu Bakr and `Umar were there; I, Abu Bakr and `Umar did this; I, Abu Bakr and `Umar set out. So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them." I turned back to see that the speaker was `Ali ibn Abi Talib. (Bukhari)

Narrated Anas: Allah's Apostle ascended the mountain of Uhud with Abu Bakr, `Umar, and `Uthman, and the mountain shook. Allah's Apostle said: "Be calm, O Uhud!" I think he stroked it with his foot and added: "There is none on you but a Prophet, a siddiq, and two shahid." (Bukhari)

Narrated Ibn `Umar: "During the lifetime of the Prophet we considered Abu Bakr as peerless and then `Umar and then `Uthman and then we used not to differentiate between the companions of the Prophet." (Bukhari)

Imam Malik's Sayings Concerning the Companions

Allah Almighty said:
                    "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves. Thou (O Muhammad) seest them bowing and falling prostrate (in worship), seeking bounty from Allah and (His) acceptance. The mark of them is on their foreheads from the traces of prostration. Such is their likeness in the Torah and their likeness in the Gospel - like as sown corn that sendeth forth its shoot and strengtheneth it and riseth firm upon its stalk, delighting the sowers - that He may enrage the disbelievers with (the sight of) them. Allah hath promised, unto such of them as believe and do good works, forgiveness and immense reward." (48:29)

Abu `Urwa al-Zubayri narrated: We were with Malik ibn Anas when they mentioned a certain man who would find fault with the Companions of the Messenger of Allah. When he heard this, Malik recited the verse: "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him. . ." until he reached the words "delighting the sowers - that He may enrage the disbelievers with (the sight of) them." (48:29) Then Malik said: "Whoever among the people has become one who harbors spite towards any one of the Prophet's Companions, this verse has targeted and reached him." al-Khatib mentioned it.2

Malik ibn Anas and others said: "Whoever hates the Companions and curses them does not have any right to Muslim booty. This judgement is taken from the verse:
                    "Those who come after them say: Our Lord, forgive us and our brothers, who preceded us in belief, and do not put rancor into our hearts against those who believe." (59:10)

Malik also said: "Whoever is exasperated by the Companions of Muhammad is an unbeliever, for Allah said:
                    "He enrages the unbelievers through them." (48:29)

Others from the Salaf on the Love of the Companions (r)

`Abd Allah ibn al-Mubarak said: "There are two qualities which are the cause of salvation for whoever has them: truthfulness and love for the Companions of Muhammad."

Ayyub as-Sakhtiyani said: "Whoever loves Abu Bakr has established the deen. Whoever loves `Umar has made the way clear. Whoever loves `Uthman has been illuminated by the light of Allah. Whoever loves `Ali has taken hold of the firm handle. Whoever praises the Companions of Muhammad is free of hypocrisy. Whoever disparages any of them is an innovator opposing the Sunna and the right-acting Salaf. It is feared that none of his actions will rise to heaven until he loves them all and his heart is sound."

Similarly, the Prophet said: "The best of humankind are those in my century, then those that follow them" (Bukhari and Muslim),

Finally, we narrate from al-Bazzar's Musnad, narrated from Jabir from the Prophet -- and it is sound (sahih):"Allah chose my Companions over everything else in existence. .."

1Narrated by Ibn `Abd al-Barr in his Jami` bayan al-`ilm (2:36)
                    2al-Qurtubi in his Jami` li ahkam al-qur'an (1994 Cairo ed. 16:283-286).

Comment

" Narrated Ibn `Abbas: While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for `Umar ibn al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulder and said: "(O `Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger saying: I, Abu Bakr and `Umar were there; I, Abu Bakr and `Umar did this; I, Abu Bakr and `Umar set out. So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them." I turned back to see that the speaker was `Ali ibn Abi Talib. (Bukhari) "

- Ofcourse, it was conveniently Ali (as) who had to say this. Afterall, whoelse could it be ? Very funny.

" Narrated Anas: Allah's Apostle ascended the mountain of Uhud with Abu Bakr, `Umar, and `Uthman, and the mountain shook. Allah's Apostle said: "Be calm, O Uhud!" I think he stroked it with his foot and added: "There is none on you but a Prophet, a siddiq, and two shahid." (Bukhari) ".

- And Imam Ali (as), the door of the prophet's (pbuh) city of knowledge, the Lion of Allah (swt), His chosen Imam, and the vicegerent of the prophet (pbuh) is nowhere to be seen. How strange.

" Narrated Ibn `Umar: "During the lifetime of the Prophet we considered Abu Bakr as peerless and then `Umar and then `Uthman and then we used not to differentiate between the companions of the Prophet." (Bukhari) "

- Right, so Imam Ali (as), the sinless progeny of the holy apostle (pbuh) was differentiated with the rest of the people while Baker, Farooq, and Usman, were peerless.

I wonder while Bukhari was making up these stories, did he consider the general population as brain-dead individuals ? I guess he was right then.

Analyse, try coming up with something better next time.

Comment

Let's just look at what the holy Qur'an says about the sahabahs and leave out the hadiths since the latter can be controversial.

The first faction of the companions are characterized by Allah (SWT) in
                        this verse:

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are
                        strong against the unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each
                        other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer),
                        seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are
                        their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their
                        similitude in the Taurat (Torah); And their similitude in the Gospel
                        is: Like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it
                        then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the
                        sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers
                        with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe
                        and do righteous deeds Forgiveness, and a great Reward. [48:29]"

These companions (May Allah (SWT) be Pleased With Them), the Shia and the
                        Sunnis have NO quarrel about.

However, note what Allah (SWT) in His (SWT) infinite wisdom states in the
                        last line: "Allah has promised those among them who believe and do
                        righteous deeds Forgiveness, and a great Reward." Now, note "...those
                        among them..." Why didn't Allah (SWT) say "Allah has promised ALL OF
                        THEM?"

Because not all of them were righteous! But you sunnis, whenever you bless the Prophet
                        (PBUH&HF), you also bless ALL the companions, with NO exception.

Now please let me know - Why did
                        Allah (SWT), their Creator (SWT), make an exception, while you Sunni
                        Muslims don't?

Comment

Originally posted by a1shah:

I wonder while Bukhari was making up these stories, did he consider the general population as brain-dead individuals ? I guess he was right then.

Analyse, try coming up with something better next time.
                          ============================================

a1shah, If you chose to call the Sahih Bukhari as stories, it won't lead to any meaningful discussion because in retaliation sunni will call your books and references as stories too.

BTW you have totally ignored the references from Koran.

[/b]"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard against the unbelievers, merciful to the believers..." (48:29)

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard against the unbelievers, merciful to the believers..." (48:29)

"The outstrippers, the first of the Muhajirun and the Ansars," (9:100)

"Allah was pleased with the believers when they gave allegiance to you under the tree," (48:18)[/b]

al-Suyuti's Commentary on al-An`am, (6:97)

Al-Suyuti said in al-Durr al-manthur, in commenting on the verses 97 of Surat al-An`am ("And He it is Who hath set for you the stars that ye may guide your course by them amid the darkness of the land and the sea. We have detailed Our revelations for a people who have knowledge"): al-Khatib narrated from `Umar: I heard Allah's Messenger say: "Do not ask about what is in the stars, and do not explain the Qur'an according to your opinion, and do not insult any of my Companions: that is true faith."

Do you want me to come up with something better than Koranic references?

Comment

Analyze it;

Please read my post just above yours regarding the quranic verse and please let me know of your thoughts regarding it.

Staying with the quranic verses will prove to be the best way forth.

And as you must have noticed, we have always brought forth arguments from the qur'an and the sunni sahih books. Though we feel there are many flaws with the sahihs, we continue to use them as these are regarded by the majority as flawless texts after the qur'an.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by a1shah:
                              Let's just look at what the holy Qur'an says about the sahabahs and leave out the hadiths since the latter can be controversial.

The first faction of the companions are characterized by Allah (SWT) in
                              this verse:

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are
                              strong against the unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each
                              other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer),
                              seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are
                              their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their
                              similitude in the Taurat (Torah); And their similitude in the Gospel
                              is: Like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it
                              then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the
                              sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers
                              with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe
                              and do righteous deeds Forgiveness, and a great Reward. [48:29]"

These companions (May Allah (SWT) be Pleased With Them), the Shia and the
                              Sunnis have NO quarrel about.

However, note what Allah (SWT) in His (SWT) infinite wisdom states in the
                              last line: "Allah has promised those among them who believe and do
                              righteous deeds Forgiveness, and a great Reward." Now, note "...those
                              among them..." Why didn't Allah (SWT) say "Allah has promised ALL OF
                              THEM?"

Because not all of them were righteous! But you sunnis, whenever you bless the Prophet
                              (PBUH&HF), you also bless ALL the companions, with NO exception.

Now please let me know - Why did
                              Allah (SWT), their Creator (SWT), make an exception, while you Sunni
                              Muslims don't?

=============================================
                              Quran itself is not controversial but the interpretation is definitely controversial. Sunni and shias both have their own interpretations of same verses. You should agree on this point which in my opinion is the source of controversy.

I am not trying to defend these shahabas. I think all of these great personalities had great virtues but each and every one of them including Prophet, Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali were only human being and had all the characterstics of humans and were able to make mistakes. In fact history tells us that all of them committed mistakes.

Second point is that if Allah has warned companions of prophet not to be hypocrites, how do we know which one were warned. These might be the one which you consider as sinless. Why did not Allah elaborated named clearly to avoid confusion because with the current language this controversy will never be solved.

Third point is that Quran is not revealed for just that time period. It has message for all ages to come. All muslims are followers of prophet so the hypocrites will always be there and the message and forwarning is for all the followers.

Fourth point is that Why Quran would praise same people at other places (as I referenced) and then warn them at other places. Why is this conflict of statements?

Last point is that " What the heck is this contrversy and does it benefit any of us? Think about it with a cool mind. Would it make ANY DIFFERENCE to any sunni or shia whether they believe in the purity vs hypocrisy of any of prophet's companions. Would it take any shia or sunni to heaven whether they believe in it or not. "

Just forget about it and try to be a better human being and a better muslim.

[This message has been edited by analyze it (edited May 28, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X