Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tatoos...

Hey,

New here...I need to know if Tatoos are haraam? getting them, and designing/drawing them? ...thanx...

I have often asked that question myself and from my more "religious" friend ... I get the answer that our bodies are supposed to be pure and sacred. So we really cant deffimate them in any way, shape or form. But I have often seen the "Mujahideen" of Afghanistan with Tattos or "Allah" or the Crescent symbol on their right hand between the thumb and index finger...

go figure

Comment

ASs long as it doesnot hurt you or violate anyones rights.
      as long as you dont feel guilty
      as long as you think your job bosses wont mind
      as long as you are not doing it cos others are doing it
      as long as you wont regret after 5 years(thats what most of tattoo getters do regret after few years)

as long as you keep tattoo you have to go to the tattoo parlor regularly to keep it from fading.
      as long as you are not allergic to tatto colors.
      as long as it is a really good tattoo

go ahead have a temporary pleasure, piss poeple off some always will cos you can't please everybody
      as long AS it is your hard earned money and not of your parebts or friends or relatives.
      Go ahed get a tattoo

------------------
      cogito ergo sum... "I think therefore I am..." & "I am therefore I think"

Comment

From what i know...The part of ur body with Tatoo on it will not directly enter Jannah..It hurts ur body when ur getting it and ur body is Allah's Amanat so u shouldn't get anything that would be perminent and was not given to you by Allah. Hurting ur body in anyway is not right such as writing someone's name on ur hand with a knife and other things like that. I guess same reason Muslims are not allowed to donate their eyes, heart or any such organ after they die as they are to return to Allah as they were born and what they were born with. However, giving blood and kidney is sawab and is ok. I would recommend that u ask a Molvi before getting it.

Comment

Philospher:
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ASs long as it doesnot hurt you or violate anyones rights.
          as long as you dont feel guilty
          as long as you think your job bosses wont mind
          as long as you are not doing it cos others are doing it
          as long as you wont regret after 5 years(thats what most of tattoo getters do regret after few years)
          as long as you keep tattoo you have to go to the tattoo parlor regularly to keep it from fading.
          as long as you are not allergic to tatto colors.
          as long as it is a really good tattoo

go ahead have a temporary pleasure, piss poeple off some always will cos you can't please everybody
          as long AS it is your hard earned money and not of your parebts or friends or relatives.
          Go ahed get a tattoo
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          If the guy wants to know if Islam allows him to do it or not then let him find out as he is doing real good by looking at it from the Islamic View...Right that u can't please everyone but bro first see if it will Please Allah or not...For it is him we will have to answer on the judgment day not people. Temporary tatoos are allowed if they don't hurt and come off after a while...something like Mehandi for example but getting a perminent one that would hurt while ur getting is not allowed!!

Allah Hafiz
          Hooriya

Comment

sorry made a new topic by accident..it was meant to be in this thread...

hmm...Okay I dont understand how a Tatoo, would prevent me entering heaven? Isnt the soul, that enters heaven? and the body left on earth? I was told that the body, would only rise @ judgement day. Even then how can a tatoo be an interference?
            If a tatoo does not hurt too much when a person is getting it would that be okay?
            A tatoo is only skin deep, it is never permanent, over time it starts fading, and depending on the ink that was used ($$) it can also disappear. Nowadays it can be removed by laser, if necessary so it not tecniaclly permanent. There is also ways to get it on a certain layer of skin, so overtimes it just fades out. Would that be okay? A Henna Tatoo is the same way except the skin obsorbs it to a certain layer and then it fades away when the skin sheds....(not sure of the process)

Comment

Asalam-o-Alikum,
              I would advice you to may be visit some Islamic sites online and write them an email and they will answer ur questions with more details and with stuff that would make much more sense. If you meet a molvi in person then that would be best but if u don't have time or u don't feel comfortable then it simply takes an email and there are dozones of sites like that. Islam.com or something... Definetly do it before getting the tatoo because if u find out later that it is not allowed then u would feel bad about it so just take ur time, research, get answers to all ur questions from someone who knows about these things in depth and then get it if u find it right. I only told u from what i know...not an expert
              Good luck finding the answers to ur questions.. or may be someone here in gupshup might be able to give u all the answers....
              Allah Hafiz
              Hooriya

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~
                ensOmniak:
                There is also ways to get it on a certain layer of skin, so overtimes it just fades out. Would that be okay?
                ~~~~~~~~

Agah appni maut say koi bhi Bashar nahie.
                Saman so(100)baras ka, Pal Bhal ki Khabar nahie...

If u understand urdu then this might have answered this question of urs...if not let me know and i will explain in easier words

Allah Hafiz
                Hooriya

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paki Khans:
                  [B]~~~~~~~~~~
                  Agah appni maut say koi bhi Bashar nahie.
                  Saman so(100)baras ka, Pal Bhal ki Khabar nahie...

If u understand urdu then this might have answered this question of urs...if not let me know and i will explain in easier words

~~~~~~~~

somthing like death is always around the corner? sry, I just understood parts of it..
                  Ya i guess ur right, but you know what I meant to say...

See I was thinking of writing/emailing to an Islamic site, but the responses i get (to someother question) just leave even more confused. Reading the post in here, I was hoping someone can explain it to me. (i know, it sounds stupid) or maybe even if some has a tatoo, or going through the same prob...

Seeing a Mulvi, well..I ill do that as a last resort.

Comment

seems ur struggling...will i will try to do my best and get you the answers...i will be free today so i will dedicate that time for finding info about tatoos in Islam...As soon as i come across something useful i will post it here with the info about where i got it from...so hang on there

Comment

Ok here is something i came across...it is a question someone asked similar to urs and then the answer...so i m cutting and pasting both of them...........
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Regarding Tattoos etc…

This was a question that was recently asked on one of our discussion pages here at Emory, I was hoping for your insight:

"Some Munafiquin would hold idols under their arms while making salat. The prophet forbade this. Would a tatoo be a similar reverence of something other than Allah? On a similar note, I've heard the prophet forbade having pictures in the masjid and pictures of himself made at all. Something to do with the arrogance of creation or something like that. Thus, many scholars say that you shouldn't decorate yourself with pictures or pictured clothing as it weakens/invalidates salat."

Please comment

Adnan, USA

The Prophet (pbuh) forbade holding idols under the arms while offering prayers because idols symbolized polytheism, which Islam came to abolish. The prayers were for Allah, while the hypocrites by holding idols under their arms during prayers revealed their hypocrisy. But a tattoo will not be a similar reverence of something other than Allah, if it does not depict something which is cloistered in divinity or is considered sacred by a people. For instance, The Last Supper (famous painting of Jesus Christ and His disciples) or the Fasting Buddha are great works of art, it is desirable that they remain in museums for people to see and appreciate as works of art. It is necessary to avoid adorning the walls of ones’ house or ones’ body with such sacred images, even though one does not intend to give reverence to them, because of the fact that the structure of Islam is built upon Tawheed (oneness of Allah). Slightest of shift in this basic belief brings the whole structure tumbling down to the ground. So this sensitive issue demands that any visual form which can create any kind of similarity between a Muslim and a Non-Muslim, even though the Muslim does not intend to do it but people might think otherwise, should be discarded. Thus, it is not the visual form itself but its nature that makes it forbidden. All other kinds of tattoos, excluding the above mentioned ones, can be used. In recent times the concept of images has changed drastically, as today images are used for other creative and constructive purposes as well.

However, an important thing which should be kept in mind is that tattooing ones body itself is not a desirable act. In fact all such practices, which distort the nature on which Allah has created human beings, are disliked by Islam, because Islam is the Deen-i-Fitrat which urges people to appreciate and preserve the nature on which Allah has created them. So even if one wants some part of ones body tattooed, it is recommended that instead of pricking and leaving a permanent impression one should use a temporary kind of tattoo which can be washed afterwards.

As for the particular narrative you have mentioned, it should also be understood in the light of above mentioned facts. The Prophet (pbuh) forbade having pictures in the mosque because it was an idolatrous practice that is to symbolize God in the form of an image or idol at the place of worship. The mosque is the place for worshipping Allah whose form and appearance is beyond anyone’s comprehension. Any depiction of Him would not have been His image but of some imaginary being. The Prophet (pbuh) also forbade any pictures of himself made at all because of the danger that his pictures might become sacred objects and hence create a similarity between Muslims and idolaters. These incidents have nothing to do with the arrogance of creation but simply to keep Islam from any signs of idolatry. So if one is wearing clothes with sacred pictures on them, then although it will not weaken/invalidate prayers, but it would be desirable to refrain from such clothes during prayers by the same analogy as drawn above in the case of tattoos.

I hope this explanation satisfies you. However, this is only my opinion on this particular issue and not the Shariah, as the Shariah is silent as far as the position of images, other than those which are worshipped or considered sacred, is concerned. I admit any chance of mistake in forming this opinion and open to other points of view if they are based on stronger reasons. Please get back if any part of this explanation is still unclear. May Allah guide us all towards the right path.

Amar Ellahi Lone

Hope this would help

Comment

Here is something not from Islamic view but from a doctor, i hope all this reasearch would be enough to guide u and help you with ur decision...

Interview with a doctor:

Dr. Dan Meler, plastic surgeon for 32 years, says:

"The worst danger in tatoos is that people don't like the results and then
                        they want to get rid of the tatoos, but there is always a scar. I think that
                        doing a tatoo on the body because of the beauty in it, is not justified. You
                        need to be careful because there is no way back. When people want to
                        remove a tatoo it coud turn out to be horrible. There is no way back, its
                        not like a hair cut."

How can the tatoo be removed?

"With surgery or with a laser, both of these methods will cause scarring."

Can you get AIDS from tatoos?

"Yes because its an injection by a needle, and if you don't throw away the
                        needle after one use, there is a big possibility you can get AIDS."

taken from: http://www.amalnet.k12.il/meida/english/default.htm

Comment

Thank you SoOoo much for helping me out

Comment

Working...
                          X