Islam - some provocative questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islam - some provocative questions

1. What is a Kafir? A non believer or one who does not believe in Islam?
    What are the only ways to bring a Kafir to Islam?
    Does Islam allow the distribution of wealth, ladies of kafirs after victory in a
    holy war? Does Islam allow the destruction of holy places of other’s faith?

2. Can a jew become Muslim?

3. What is Jizia Tax? Is it still implemented in any Islamic State? Can it be compared to the present Taleban dictate against Hindus?
    Why in Islamic States laws are not equal for all?

4. What is the standard of woman in Islam? She is supposed to be under parda, is she a second class human being?

5. Why Jihad is so cheaply implemented, that so often two enemy Muslim armies declare each other’ side to be kafir and announce counter jihad?

6. Why paradise in Islam is full of lust? Is it true that a true Muslim will have virility of 100 men in paradise and 72 beautiful virgins?

7. What is waiting a true Muslim woman in paradise?

8. Why Zayed, adopted son of Prophet divorced his wife Zainab? Did Prophet marry her?
    What was the age of Ayesha when Prophet married her?
    What was the relation ship between Safiya Bint Huyway, a jewish beauty and
    Prophet?
    How many times prophet got married and how many women became his
    companion?

9. Does Islam dictate a one Muslim nation theory, a division between darul-Islam and darul-Harb?

10. Does Quran ask Muslims to look like Prophet? Why some Muslims have beard and others not?

11. Is it a coincidence that revelations to Prophet started at the age of 40 and ended exactly by the time of his death?

12. What was the geographical knowledge of the angles and prophet when Quran was conveyed? As it does not go beyond the Arab land, Syria, Iraq, Persia etc.
    (Authors of Bible had no information of American land.)

13. Why Islam is bonded to definitions?

I request a genuine reply. Pls don’t ask /repeat to meet some good scholar of Islam!

1. Issue of who is a kafir was discussed here in the thread "You, You and You are Kaafir" If u cared to read it or you just want provocation.

[This message has been edited by khan_sahib (edited May 27, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by skv anand:
      1.What is a Kafir? A non believer or one who does not believe in Islam?
      What are the only ways to bring a Kafir to Islam?
      Does Islam allow the distribution of wealth, ladies of kafirs after victory in a holy war? Does Islam allow the destruction of holy places of other’s faith?

Khan Sahib has answer your question.

Anyone with sound thinking can become Muslim.

3. What is Jizia Tax? Is it still implemented in any Islamic State? Can it be compared to the present Taleban dictate against Hindus?
      Why in Islamic States laws are not equal for all?

Jizia is a tax implemented on non-muslims in a Muslim country. They are offered three choices: 1. Accept Islam, 2. Fight, and 3. Pay tax and stay under the security of the Muslim(Islamic) Government. That means they are not to be harmed, abused or their property be taken away from them in an illegal way. If authentic Islamic law is implemented in Islamic countries, you would see equality at its best.

4. What is the standard of woman in Islam? She is supposed to be under parda, is she a second class human being?

Standard of women in Islam is very high. All muslims are asked to respect women. Islam does not ask us to make women sex symbol like west has made. Islam does not ask us to sell women's body(advertisement that is often seen on western TV) for our own political and financial goals. Where do you fall on this?

Here is a hadeeth:

A man came to Allaah’s Messenger sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam and said: O Messenger of Allaah! Who from amongst mankind warrants the best companionship from me? He replied: "Your mother." The man asked: Then who? So he replied: "Your mother." The man then asked: Then who? So the Prophet replied again: "Your mother." The man then asked: Then who? So he replied: "Then your father." [Related by al-Bukhaaree (no.5971) and Muslim (7/2), from Abu Hurayrah radiallaahu ‘anhu].

Verse from Koran:

"And from amongst His Signs is this: That He created for you wives from amongst yourselves, so that you may find serenity and tranquility in them. And He has put between you love and compassion. Indeed, in this are signs for those who reflect."
      [Soorah Room 30:21].

5. Why Jihad is so cheaply implemented, that so often two enemy Muslim armies declare each other’ side to be kafir and announce counter jihad?

Outsiders play a major role in this kinds of sick wars, i.e. Iraq vs Iran, Iraq vs Kuwait. West played a major role in bringing about these countries to a war-those muslim countries fell into this trap maybe because their faith is not strong enough.

6. Why paradise in Islam is full of lust? Is it true that a true Muslim will have virility of 100 men in paradise and 72 beautiful virgins?

Maybe someone can provide accuracy of this information with references. Meanwhile, why don't you tell us where did you get your information from?

Due to my limited knowledge, I cannot answer this question with accuracy.

8. Why Zayed, adopted son of Prophet divorced his wife Zainab? Did Prophet marry her?

What was the relation ship between Safiya Bint Huyway, a jewish beauty and Prophet?

How many times prophet got married and how many women became his companion?

I believe(apologize if I am wrong) that prophet Mohammad(saw) married 11 times.

9. Does Islam dictate a one Muslim nation theory, a division between darul-Islam and darul-Harb?

All muslims should be united and under the flag of Islam. Maybe someone can better explain this question with details.

10. Does Quran ask Muslims to look like Prophet? Why some Muslims have beard and others not?

Koran asks us to be like Prophet, to follow him, to adhere his way of life. Having beard is a tradition of Prophet; if you cannot have beard for some reasonable reasons than there is no harm upon you.

11. Is it a coincidence that revelations to Prophet started at the age of 40 and ended exactly by the time of his death?

Why is that a coincidence?

12. What was the geographical knowledge of the angles and prophet when Quran was conveyed? As it does not go beyond the Arab land, Syria, Iraq, Persia etc.
      (Authors of Bible had no information of American land.)

Knowledge was given to prophets and angels as it was needed. Prophet had knowledge of traveling on sea waters, when he never had seen how sea looks like.

13. Why Islam is bonded to definitions?

I request a genuine reply. Pls don’t ask /repeat to meet some good scholar of Islam!

Answered the questions with knowledge I had, will research more on unanswered questions that require some references.

Comment

1-a kafir is someone who does not believe in islam. although islam was the religion of moses and jesus,it was completed with muhammed and therefore if this completion is not believed the person is a kafir. this is because kufr means disbelief and therefore the people of christ and moses disbelived in the final message.

2- of course a jew can become a muslim, if he believes in allah and his final messenger.

3- i will try to come back to this question as i cannot find the literature on it at present.

4- islam, believe it or not, came and gave women so much fundamental human rights that they never enjoyed before. it is the misconception that since she wears a headscarf and loose clothing that she is nothing. this is not so. you will see those models who are on the catwalk as being more liberated than them but this is not so. those models are sold as would cattle in a meat market, and the price for them to be BOUGHT will be according to their height, weight, hair colour, eye colour etc. now this is a women who is treated as a second class human being!
        as for the muslim woman, she has exactly the same rights as men. if anything she is meant to be treated very well by her husband and he has to provide for her physically, emotionally and financially. she has a right to work, as the prophets first wife was a business women. it is only recommended that she does not work when she has kids as they are going to represent the future generation and therefore she cannot neglect their careful upbringing. men and women have been given specified roles, this is not discrimination but it makes their lives compatable. as we see men and women are genetically, emotionally and physically different, and therfore have been given their roles accordingly.

6- the rewards in paradise are as they are due to the things we had to give up in this world. nothing is sinful, i dont think, and the numbers of husbands and wives are the same amount for each, although i dont think the figure you gave was correct. the person will be in his youth and will stay like that forever.

7- what awaits a muslim woman in heaven is exactly the same as that awaits man, except women will be married to men! when islam came the quran stated that believing men AND women have duties and have rewards, and therefore it does not discriminate as people tend to think.

9- a division between darul islam and dar ul kufr, i think it is supposed to be. this means that for muslims a lifestyle of islam should be provided and this can only be accomplished in dar ul islam, as for dar ul kufr, this is muslims living under a system which does not implement any islamic values, therefore this can prove very hazardous for muslims in the long run, as they will lose value for the way they are supposed to practice their religion.

10- the prophet,peace be upon him, received the revelation of islam and as he did he practiced what it taught, as his wife aisha said he was the living example of the quraan. the quraan also states that the prophet only said and done things by his will and therefore god told us that whatever the prophet said we had to follow as he had authority. therefore as the muslims have to live according to the quraan who better to follow than the prophet as he was the best at this. also all the teachings he taught which are hadith are for our benefit and we have to follow that too.
        as for the beard, there are many schools of thought which interpret the hadith about the beard. men do have to keep beards, and the length depends on which school you follow.
        for those who do not keep beards, they are no less muslims than any other, it is only that they are not practicing this teaching.
        11- god is all knowing all wise and whatever he did he did for a reason, and maybe because the revelations did end during his death that god decided to take him. there is nothing that i know on this in the quraan or hadith and therefore i can not exercise my thoughts as i have no knowledge on this.

Comment

Originally posted by skv anand:
          What was the relation ship between Safiya Bint Huyway, a jewish beauty and
          Prophet?
          How many times prophet got married and how many women became his
          companion?
          The marriage of Zayd and Zainab was an unhappy marriage as both of them came from completely different backgrounds. Zayd was a slave liberated by the Prophet (SAWS) and raised as his son, whereas Zainab was the daughter of one of the most wealthy and powerful families amongst the Muslims.

The Prophet (SAWS) requested Zayd to remain married to Zainab, but Zayd was extremely unhappy and eventually divorced her.

Islam states that an adopted child is not treated identically to a real child; to shatter this idea, which was prodominant amongst the Arabs, God commanded the Prophet (SAWS)to request to marry Zainab (as in Islam marriage to one's son's ex-wife is forbidden.) The marriage of the Prophet (SAWS) to Zainab made it clear to all Muslims that an adopted child is different from one's true child.

When the Prophet (SAWS) married Ayesha, it is true that she was 7 years old. However, this marriage was intended to strengthen the ties between the the Prophet (SAWS), and the family of Abu Bakr, who were amongst the leading Muslims of the time. However, although he was married to Ayesha at this time, she did not become part of his household; she continued to live at her father's house. With the political ties amongst the Muslim community strengthened, the Prophet (SAWS) then married Sawda as a practical move, a widow, who moved in with him and helped him to raise his daughters by his deceased first wife. Later, after Ayesha grew up into a woman, she too moved into the Prophet's (SAWS) household.

Safiyya bint Huyayy - After the battle of Khaybar where the Muslims defeated an army of Jews, two women were brought before the prophet, both very traumatised. It transpired that they had walked past the bodies of the Jewish dead, and had seen the corpses of the men of their tribe. Both women were the daughters of Jewish chiefs, and in the wake of the battle were destined to become slaves - to fall from the top of the social ladder to the bottom. To prevent this, the Prophet (SAWS) proposed marriage to Sufiyya - thus enabling her to maintain her social status by marrying the leader of the Muslims, and also setting a clear example to the Muslims of how important tolerance of those of other faiths is.

In all the Prophet (SAWS) married 11 ties during his life. These 11 women were his only companions.

[This message has been edited by mAd_ScIeNtIsT (edited May 27, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by mAd_ScIeNtIsT (edited May 27, 2001).]
          Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
          Al-Ghazali

Comment

1: Answer to your first question:

'Kafir’ is derived from the word ‘kufr’, which means to conceal or to reject. In Islamic terminology, ‘Kafir’ means one who conceals or rejects the truth of Islam and a person who rejects Islam is in English called a ‘non-Muslim’

If any non-Muslim considers the word ‘Kafir’ i.e. ‘non-Muslim’ as an abuse, the only choice he has is to become a Muslim and we will stop referring to him as or call him a kafir i.e. a non-Muslim.

Now how to bring a non-Muslim to Islam? It has to be through non-vilent ways, if that is what concerns you

Islam does not allow the destruction of holy places of other faith.

As far as war is concern, these are few of the rules prescribed by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) 1) Not to hurt any civilian, including women, children, elderly. (2) Not to hurt any animals (3) Not to cut or destroy even a plant without reason !!! And know, after victory one cannot drag a woman out of her home forcibly, like you might be imagining.

Of course a jew can be a Muslim. why not? In fact, I have a very good friend who was once a jew and now a committed Muslim, Al-hamdulillah. Anyone can become Muslim and all are equal.

3: Jazia
            Someone has already explained that to you. It's a defence tax. Muslim army/authorithies have to defend non-Muslim community from external and internal attack or harrassment.

I will answer rest of your questions after a while.

Comment

Forth question regarding woman

In Islam women are not second class human beings, women are not second class human beings...

My friend, the issue of hijab/parda has been discussed here extensively. If you do search in this forum, I hope you will find some good discussions. To simply put why they have to cover their head in public, because God has commanded them to do so.

5th question about Jihad
              Jihad means to strive or to struggle. Jihad is of many types. Jihad does not mean a 'holy war.' To strive to take care of your family is a kind of jihad/struggle, to fullfill all your obligation is a struggle/jihad. But if you want to discuss jihad/struggle througle military point of view then it a struggle by the military to defend themselves. Nowadays Muslim countries are fight each other because their leaders are not implementing Islam, rather they want more power.

Comment

Answer to questions:
                6. Why paradise in Islam is full of lust? ...and

The concept of lust or sexuality we have in this world is very different from the concept it is going to be in paradise. We dont know what exactly it is going to be, but it is certainly different from our worldly concept. A true Muslim does not specifically strive for Islams to get the beautiful partners in paradise, rather he/she obeys Allah in order to please Him. Also a paradise should cover all the aspects and not just beautiful scenaries

Many translators of the Qur’an have translated the word hoor as ‘beautiful maidens’ especially in the Urdu translations. The word hoor is actually the plural of ahwar (applicable to man) and of haura (applicable to woman) and signifies a person having eyes characterized by hauar a special quality bestowed upon a good soul, male or female in paradise and it denotes the intense whiteness of the white part of the spiritual eye. The Qur’an describes in several other verses that in paradise you will have azwaj which mean a pair or spouse or companion which means you will have spouses or companions pure and holy (mutaharratun means pure, holy).
                "But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, We shall soon admit to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath – their eternal home; therein shall they have companions pure and holy: we shall admit them to shades, cool and ever deepening". [Al-Qur’an 4:57] Therefore the word hoor has no specific gender. Mohammad Asad has translated the word hoor as spouse and Abdullah Yusuf Ali as companion. Therefore according to some scholars a man in paradise will have a hoor that is a beautiful maiden with beautiful big and lustrous eyes and a woman in paradise will get a man with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.
                A reply that would be accepted by all types of people would rather be the answer given in the Hadith when a similar question was posed that if a man gets a hoor, a beautiful Maiden in Paradise, then what will the women get? The reply was that the women will get that which the heart has not desired for, the ear hasn’t heard off and the eye hasn’t seen, indicating that even the women will get something exceptional in Paradise.

Comment

[b]Answer to the 8th question[\b]

People falsely accuse the Prophet (pbuh) of being hyper sexual because he had 11 wives. If you read the life history of the Prophet, only two of his marriages, one with Khadija (R) and the other with Ayesha (R) were
                  marriages in the normal course, while all the other marriages were contracted as a necessity and were based on vari-ous considerations.

The first marriage of the Prophet took place when he was 25 years of age and he married Hazrat Khadija (R) who was twice widowed and was 40 years old. If the Prophet was hypersexual why would he marry a woman who was 15 years older than him and who was also widowed twice?

Till his first wife Hazrat Khadija was alive, he never took a second wife. Hazrat Khadija expired when the Prophet was of the age of 50 and only after this did he marry others. If he married eleven wives for
                  sexual reasons, he should have had multiple wives in his youth, but history tells us that all the marriages with his remaining ten wives took place when he was between the age of 53 and 59.

Among his wives, all were between the age of 36-50 except for two wives. His reputation had spread far and wide not only in Arabia but also in the neighboring countries. Couldn't he have got younger and lovelier girls to marry? Most of his marriages were for political gain and for the spread of Islam.

In Arabia no one could carry on the work of reform and upliftment unless he belonged to some specific and respectable class, and so in the interest of his mission the Prophet needed inter-tribal relationships. He wanted to weld the quarreling tribal and clannish factions into one Muslim Ummah as brethren in faith (Ikhwan fi'd -din)

And rest part of the question has been explained by Br. mad scientist.

Comment

A clever Hindu asks some questions ( which are repeatedly asked by such so called knowlge thirsty pepole) & all of us started to defend & reply. WHY ??
                    from where he got aal these questions?
                    ARE THESE QUESTION NEW & WHY NOT HE STUDY THE ISLAMIC BOOKS TO GET THE WIDER & CLEARER REPLY?
                    I know this kind of ppl. as an indian i m facing these ppl everday.
                    what exactly they are doing? They are licking the vomited sleva of thier preceders.
                    so many ppl replied but he is quite.
                    becase he dont actually want to know but his aim was to start a contrioversial thread thats all.
                    avoid & ignore such people.
                    huway mar k hum jo RUSWA huway kiyN na gharq e darya
                    na kabhi janaza uth-ta na kaheen mazaar hota

Comment

Dear Mirza,

You are wrong. I am going thru each and every answer. Quietly, yes. I want to get some clue and conclusion.

Rgds

Comment

Originally posted by Mirza Ruswa:
                        A clever Hindu asks some questions ( which are repeatedly asked by such so called knowlge thirsty pepole) & all of us started to defend & reply. WHY ??
                        from where he got aal these questions?
                        ARE THESE QUESTION NEW & WHY NOT HE STUDY THE ISLAMIC BOOKS TO GET THE WIDER & CLEARER REPLY?
                        I know this kind of ppl. as an indian i m facing these ppl everday.
                        what exactly they are doing? They are licking the vomited sleva of thier preceders.
                        so many ppl replied but he is quite.
                        becase he dont actually want to know but his aim was to start a contrioversial thread thats all.
                        avoid & ignore such people.
                        WELL my friend mirza i dont aggree with your views i feel we have to be patient and show restrain there are many myths about islam ans some of them are so complex tht we have to explain the non muslims in detail and no matter how many times we have to explain i think we must do it again and again and put our point of view across in the most humble fashion as possible

Comment

Originally posted by K-2:
                          Answer to questions:

well my friend its one the myths about islam hoouri the waiting woman .well my friend let me put it straight the word houri means a partner and it has no gender .it can be a man and a women and it has been promsed to both men and women its a ideal partner or companion it has no gender.

[/B][/QUOTE]
                          my friend its not about lust its all about controling our sexual desires and not to stray and i have no offence but isnt it there in hindusim too . all those apsaras dancing in indra's court and the som ras (alchohol) drinking gods?

Comment

SKV ANAND

I've asked the following questions to your buddy Kumar, but he could not as yet answer.

You've obviously asked a number of questions on Islam, and most of them have been answered by the muslims.

Before I give my answers, I would be grateful if can you please answers to my questions and translate in english the quote from the Bhavishya Puran, in the following section.

Prati Sarg III: 3, 3. 5-8. also

Shalokas 10-27, also

The First Mantra in the Kuntap Sukt, also

Atharva Veda XX:21,6

Can you also please confirm if the flesh and milk of a camel is forbidden for an Indian Rishi, in line with the laws of Dharma Shastara. Manu, V: 8,18 and Manu, XI: 201.

What is your opinion on the Kuntup Sakt. Are they riddles and un-intelligible enigmas or do they actually form part of the Atharva Veda?

Do you believe that Ghandi was the 11th incarnate of God.

On what basis was your Caste system invented.

Describe a Pativrata.

What does your ancient dicsipline of Sanskrit Law in the book of Dharmashastra say on the religious status and duties of women.

Who was Tryambaka and what was his view on women.

Define the word Satee, and how should it be performed.

Comment

Dear Shokay,

Kumarkn must be busy that he did not come up with an answer.

You have questioned some of ancient Indian religious books. I suppose that you have some information that you can quote it. I am a zero in most of the things. I don’t intend to study. All those shlokas and name like Tryambaka are unknown to me.
                              I would answer whatever possible is correct as per my understanding;

Gandhi is never considered an avatar, a god incarnation.
                              As per Hindu study so far nine god incarnations have appeared, Krishna was eighth and Buddha was considered the ninth. Tenth’ name is given Kalki to be awaited.
                              In total they should be ten.

For cast system different scholars have given different views, some for, and some against. I don’t want to misquote anything.
                              Today cast system has no grounds as per law of the land, but in Hindu mind and blood it is very relevant. Some progress is there but it will take long that a concrete public opinion is developed against this curse.
                              You will be astonished that all four prominent casts are further divided into many-many casts.

Pativrata; that a woman totally devoted to her husband in soul and mind. How many are there today, I cannot say. Ask some middle class housewife, she will tell you! Our ladies demand some kind of Patnivrata also.

Satipratha, another curse of society since medieval centuries or may be earlier.
                              That a widow should commit suicide at the pyre of her dead husband.
                              It is totally abolished, though one or two incidents take place in three-four years and never go uninvestigated.

Something you have forgotten, that is dowry system, also a burden of society, though good awareness is on the way.

I can tell you very clearly that Hindu religious ancient books are not a disturbance in our day to day life. If you find something irregular and want to make a mockery of it, I assure you that Hindus will either ignore it or most probably will cooperate with you. Just try!

Our religion is not a burden for us.

Rgds

Comment

Working...
                              X