Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamic Books

Assalam-o-alaikum Guppies

I wanted to read some books about Islam..i want to start with Quranic explaination type of books..then i want to move on to Hadith books..and then human related (i mean where someone's opinion is counted)..in my case i have read human written books which confuses and puzzles me..so i want to straight the basics first..

So my question is: can you help me in this quest by giving a book name, some short description about it..(any english or urdu language book will do for me)..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance..

Ma'asalama and Allah Hafiz

-Qrius-

Walaikum Salam,

Have u read Tafseer Ibn-e-Kaseer (or Katheer)

and Taaruf-ul-Quran.

I would recommend both but they are zakheem. I don't know how to get a hold of them but they are good.

Comment

Assalam-o-alaikum

thanks khan_sahib for the recommendations..i have read some bits and pieces from Tafseer abn Kathir (in english)..i just found it on an online store (the english version)..its about 6 volumes..(expensive)..i'll keep that in list and will get it from pakistan sometime..

I have read Abdullah Yusuf Ali's version of commentaries, Pickethall and Sayyid Abul Ala's Mawdudi's work..other than hard wordings..its very explanatory..

I read Qurani Ahkam in urdu..which was a simple and concise version..

Thanks..once again for your help..

Ma'asalama

-Qrius-

Comment

Assalam Alaikum

Visit http://www.khilafah.com and click on books.

All the books are brilliant and can either be read online or you can buy them.

Comment

Working...
        X