• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadka n Khairaat

so whats the deal here?

there was this old old man at our door who asked for some food
    I knew mummy would probably shoo him off and scold me for being an idiot

so i without telling her gave the old man a plate of food and a glass of water

he ate then gave me some duaaan and left

what happened here???????

Funny. A man's way to his heart is obviously through his stomach.

What a bargain.

------------------
    They shoot partypoopers, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Anchal:
      so whats the deal here?

there was this old old man at our door who asked for some food
      I knew mummy would probably shoo him off and scold me for being an idiot

so i without telling her gave the old man a plate of food and a glass of water

he ate then gave me some duaaan and left

what happened here???????

What were you expecting Anchal ji, guy saying after eating food "you accept checques or VISA?"
      I think you are confused that what have you done Sadka or Khairat. I think in my humble opinion that was khairat because you had no other motive than sympathy. Plus you did a good deed. Congrats woh bhi aisay

------------------
      --I know I'll be a King One day, When Im Dead, They Gonna take me on their shoulders, Just like a King--

Comment

Well, Our Rasool(pbuh) use to feed the poor come to his door. You sure did the right deed.
        He did the dua for you from Allah because you give him food when he was hungry he liked you. We usally pray for the people we like. .
        Good deed Anchal.

------------------
        The quickest way to receive LOVE is to give LOVE, the fastest way to lose LOVE
        is to hold it too tightly, and the best way to keep LOVE is to give it wings.

Believe in what you do, and do what you believe in doing. And it will happen.

Comment

alrite that was like six years back

but that isnt the point though

so far what i have got is
          Khaiarat is with no intentions
          i am walking down the street, i see a hungry fella, i feed him thats khairat

waht is a Sadqa? does it have a religious meaning

and what is this 'kisi kay naam ka sadqa dena'?
          or Sadqay kay lya bakra zibah karna?

Comment

Originally posted by Anchal:
            alrite that was like six years back

but that isnt the point though

so far what i have got is
            Khaiarat is with no intentions
            i am walking down the street, i see a hungry fella, i feed him thats khairat

waht is a Sadqa? does it have a religious meaning

and what is this 'kisi kay naam ka sadqa dena'?
            or Sadqay kay lya bakra zibah karna?
            Salaams everyone,

Ok Anchal...here is my opinion on khairat and sadqaa.
            Khairaat is donating money or food to the poor and needy.
            Sadqaa is a little different. Usually it's performing zibah on an animal (goat, cow, etc.) and giving the meat to the poor. It is similar to Qurbani eid, but sadqa can be done anytime- whereas, Qurbani is done only once a year. It's usually done when someone is very sick or if there is a "balaa-museebat" in the family. As far as I know, sadqa is done with an intention.

Religously, they are both very good deeds. Khairat is definitely recommended. As for saqda, it is symbolic of the incident in which Hazrat Ibrahim (a.s) was ordered to sacrifice his only son, Hazrat Ismail (a.s). When he was about to be sacrificed, the angels replaced him with a ram. So, that's why when someone is in trouble or sickness we do sadqa un key naan pe.

W'sallam
            Shakir.

Comment

Anchal,

On an Individual Level, the economic equality in Islam is pursued through the moral and ethical teachings of charity. In Arabic, this is known as sadaqah and infaq. There are many verses in the Qur'an which command the Muslims to help others voluntarily.

There are more verses dealing with voluntary charity than the obligatory dues. Every one is morally obliged to help others according to his or her own means and resources.

First level of charity:

They ask you (O Muhammad) as to what they should spend (in way of charity). Say, "Whatever can be spared (from your wealth after your own expenses)." (2:219)

Second level of charity:

...The pious (are) those who...spend (in charity) from whatever We have given to them. (2:3)

Third level of charity:

The pious people (are) those who spend (benevolently) in good and bad days. (3:134)

In all these levels, one must remember to follow the path of moderation: neither keep your hand shackled to your neck (out of greed), nor outspread it completely open -- otherwise you will sit reproached and denuded. (17:29)

Someone asked Imam Ja`far as-Sadiq (as) about a group of people who are prosperous while their Muslim brothers are in severe need. Is it right for the rich people to eat and drink satisfactorily while their brothers are hungry, specially during the difficult days?

The Imam said, "Surely a Muslim is brother of a Muslim; he does not oppress his brother, neither abandons him nor deprives him. The Muslims are obliged to work hard for their brother, to relate to him, to help him, and to be charitable towards the needy people.

Give freely, and Allah (swt) will reward you abundantly in return.

Comment

Working...
              X