What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

If you had the chance of traning yourself up Militarily - would you take it?

Yes I would. Came very close to it at one point. Ammi stopped me.....cuz she didn't want me to go away from home. Sheesh! What a sissy mommy, huh?

I would do it because I admire the discipline.

Comment

No No No
      my papa was in the navy looooooooooong loooooooooooong time ago

Our house was considered and regarded as a army barrack

No sleeping late during the weekends
      all up at six sharp

not to mention the mere sight of dust would send him in ordering us to clean the house all over again

he used to wear a white glove to check on the dusting we had done

oh and dont make me talk bout spoons and glasses
      not a single dhabba of even water was to be on the spoons and glasses

I hated it!!!!

No No No No

Comment

If you are asking from a religious perspective then it may be interesting to keep in mind the narrative ascribed to the Prophet:
        • "The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of a martyr"

As far as the implication of the saying is concerned, it implies the importance of the work of sincere, devoted and true scholars of Islam. The work of an effective scholar is not only a defense of the Islamic ideology (as is the efforts of a person who lays down his life in defending Islam or Muslims), but may also result in convincing others of the truthfulness of the Islamic faith. Thus, the results of a true scholar may be much more far reaching than a person who gives his life fighting for the cause of Islam. The Prophet (pbuh) seems to have made this comparison in the quoted saying, provided it is correctly ascribed to him.

------------------
        They shoot partypoopers, don't they?

Comment

Rest assured, I am not saying that because I am a wimp.

------------------
          They shoot partypoopers, don't they?

Comment

Working...
          X