Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to dispose of paper with Adab (holy) things written on them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to dispose of paper with Adab (holy) things written on them!

ok.....if its A Quranic verse or writing..i can simply place it in the box in the mosque..but what about christian faith letters...and other cards that come in the mail...add to that judaism stuff too...so far ive collected two grocery bags full of these papers...they're holy stuff i dont wanna throw them in the garbage/recycle bin..that would be be-adbi what should i do?

------------------
    '"Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who
    you are.........."

You can burn them or you can cut them up into tiny pieces so you cannot make out the words.. Thats for the quran anyway.. i'm sure it applies to literature from the other books.

Comment

If it's a quranic verse etc then you should either burn it, bury it or throw it into the sea.

As for the other stuff just throw it in the bin.

Comment

Ruling concerning the papers that contain the name of Allaah

Question: We find some of the verses of the Qur.aan printed in the newspapers or writings, as well as, "In the name of Allaah, the Compassionate. the Merciful", at the beginning of some papers or letters. What do we do with such verses after we are finished reading the newspaper or letter? Should we tear it up or burn it or what should be done?

Response: It is a must, after one is done with the papers or pages that contain Allaah's name, to safeguard the papers, by burning them or burying them in clean soil. This is to protect the Qur.aanic verses and Allaah's names from being degraded. It is not allowed to throw them into the garbage heaps or into the street to use them as different kinds of sheets, such as table cloths. Otherwise, one is degrading the names and verses and not safekeeping them.

Fatwa by the Noble Shaykh Ibn Baaz ( may Allah have mercy on him )

------------------
        And with Allaah lies all success and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (sal-Allaahu
        `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.

Comment

Working...
        X