Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niaz

Do you know what the topic means?

You know when you give thanks to Allah or pray on behalf on the deceased and then distribute the food.

Well, yesterday my family and I invited a bunch of people for Haleem. The Niaz was for Imam Hassan and Hussain who got martyred in the battle. We invited a few people but some refused to come because they said they don't eat food that has been Niaz'd.

We do give Niaz in thanks to Allah and then on behalf of the deceased.

I'd like to know whats the logic/philosophy behind this ritual us muslims perform offering Niaz.

(mind you i'm not of the specific sect you assumed I am, although it doesn't matter we're all muslims)

Awaiting your response

CocoNut

------------------
    Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .
    Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

salamz

most of the paki mozlems unfortunately do this.
    my family also used to do this.. but we stopped when we knew that it was wrong to eat that and it was Haram. saying anyone else's name on food other than the Sustainer ( Allah ) makes it Haram.

read Surah Baqarah cuz it says in it and try finding a fatwah on www.islam-qa.com . go find a fatwah on it according to Quran and SUnnah. no matter what sect you are, i bet you will follow these 2.

Comment

Mastana99 thank you for your reply but I'd rather not depend on a website which hardly sustains themself giving dubious answers as of my previous experience which I wish not to elaborate on.

Anyone else wanna reply to this or are you busy fighting with each other on who's a muslim and who's not.

The nature of this forum is leading towards one grabbing anothers faults or going for each others throats because he/she is not of that sect. Again, its a pity tsk tsk

------------------
      Jitna Diya Sarkar Nay Mujko, Itni Meri Auqat Nahi, Yeh Saab Tumhara Karam Hai Aqa, Mujh Mein Aisi Koi Baat Nahin.

Love happens once . . .

Comment

i went to one last year....in front of me, the guy read all this stuff (including the prophet's name) and blew over the pot.

Making it clear, it wasn't Bismillah Areh Man Irahim.

If the food is blessed with any other name than Allah's, it is not halal. quite simple.

Comment

Originally posted by X_Communist:

If the food is blessed with any other name than Allah's, it is not halal. quite simple.
          there u go

Comment

There is a Niaz at my home every thursday night. All of you are welcome.....

No munafeqeen names recited, i can assure you....
            If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nussairee:
              There is a Niaz at my home every thursday night. All of you are welcome.....

No munafeqeen names recited, i can assure you....
              anyonez name other than Allah makes the food Haram ! .

Comment

Ha...Ha
                somebody said we don't read Bismillah on the food...
                By the way...all we read is
                Aahuzubillah...
                Bismillah..
                Surah Kafiroon..
                Surah Ikhlas, 3 times....
                Surah Falaq...
                Surah Alnnas....
                Surah Ftihah...
                and few Aayahs from first part of Parah one...
                We don't read Granth or Gita there.....so whats Haram here.....Whatever we read is for Allah and not for anybody else...
                Your belief is very funny about "In the name of Ghair Allah".....
                What about Haqiqah..we do for our childrens...we do Aqiqah for a boy or Girl...in the Name of Allah and not For Allah...what do you say about this

Comment

Assalam-o-Alaikum,

Brothers and Sisters, all I try to do is to follow the saying from Rusul-Allah (peace be upon him) who once said to his companions (I don't know the exact words, but here is the meanings) that his ummat (muslim nation) will be divided into 72 group and only one will go to heaven. His companions asked him which group will it be and Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) said that the one who follows his and his companions' life style.

Brothers, nothing proves that Rusul-Allah or sahab-e-karam ever performed this Niaz thing for anyone, so I think we shouldn't do it either.

[This message has been edited by paki boy (edited May 15, 2001).]
                  Don't argue with ignorants. They will first drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

Comment

Originally posted by wasir:
                    Ha...Ha
                    somebody said we don't read Bismillah on the food...
                    By the way...all we read is
                    Aahuzubillah...
                    Bismillah..
                    Surah Kafiroon..
                    Surah Ikhlas, 3 times....
                    Surah Falaq...
                    Surah Alnnas....
                    Surah Ftihah...
                    and few Aayahs from first part of Parah one...
                    We don't read Granth or Gita there.....so whats Haram here.....Whatever we read is for Allah and not for anybody else...
                    Your belief is very funny about "In the name of Ghair Allah".....
                    What about Haqiqah..we do for our childrens...we do Aqiqah for a boy or Girl...in the Name of Allah and not For Allah...what do you say about this

Exactly my point! Whats so wrong in what he said? Is there something wrong with this?

------------------

Love happens once . . .

Comment

coconut--niaz is a virtuous act and you get sawaab for it and the soul you pray for gets sawaab for it too. It is called also "esaal e sawaab" and it is an authentic practise

So you ppl who say it is haraam--does reading the qur'an and durood sharif over the food make it not halal?

the best site is www.sunnah.org (the Ahle Sunnah Foundation of America) and www.dawateislami.net

Comment

Here is the history of Niaz....
                        When someone is died mostly his friends and relatives come from far places..obviously they need food...they would eat together..when they sit together they would talk...when they would talk....mostly do back biting, lying and other evil things.....so somebody introduced them to read Quran and Darood while food is being served...then someone introduced more powerfull Swab earning Aayahs and Surahs in short time(which I explained in my previous post)...now when everybody reads..they read loud...nobody knows who is reading what...then somebody introduced that one should read and others should listen..still its same Swaab......today's Niaz or Fatihah is the polished form of this tradition which was introduced nearly 1100 even more years ago....
                        And don't demand everything from Prophets'(peace be upon him and his family)
                        How many things do you do every day which Prophet(peace be upon him and his family)has never done in his life or his Sehabas(Radi Allah an hum)

Comment

Originally posted by wasir:
                          Here is the history of Niaz....
                          When someone is died mostly his friends and relatives come from far places..obviously they need food...they would eat together..when they sit together they would talk...when they would talk....mostly do back biting, lying and other evil things.....so somebody introduced them to read Quran and Darood while food is being served...then someone introduced more powerfull Swab earning Aayahs and Surahs in short time(which I explained in my previous post)...now when everybody reads..they read loud...nobody knows who is reading what...then somebody introduced that one should read and others should listen..still its same Swaab......today's Niaz or Fatihah is the polished form of this tradition which was introduced nearly 1100 even more years ago....
                          And don't demand everything from Prophets'(peace be upon him and his family)
                          How many things do you do every day which Prophet(peace be upon him and his family)has never done in his life or his Sehabas(Radi Allah an hum)
                          man u got some serious talent.....what a great choroo u r.....wah wah
                          "And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

Don't know what u mean...
                            but ididn't use any name or time in my post because...I don't have access to these...
                            but Idon't post anything false..as soon as I got hold of any exact narrations I will post those to you..don't forget..current shape of Niaz has developed over centuries...why I wrote 1100 years ago because I have read somewhere about people of an Arab country doing Niaz in a Very famous Muslim King's time...but don't have exact narrations so wouldn't post their names
                            Originally posted by Pagluu:
                            man u got some serious talent.....what a great choroo u r.....wah wah

Comment

Working...
                            X