Fight amongst yourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight amongst yourselves

It's sad to see that we still fight over Shia/Sunni issues when there is so much else we can divert our attention to.

Is it because it's easy to blame each other and criticise, rather than talking or standing up to, say Israel? Is it because we'd like to get into debates and discussions about issues that are never going to be resolved?

Yesterday, a four month old baby girl was killed by shrapnel from Israeli bombing. Ariel Sharon apologised for this unfortunate incident in a press conference, for even he knew what a barbaric act the Israli Army had performed. I feel really sad after hearing this and after reading some of the nonsense that you guys are posting, it makes me sick. It makes me sick to think that people are dying out there and we are on our high horses debating which sect is right and which is not. islam has a common enemy at present - use your time and resources wisely people, and help your Muslim brohters and sisters in need. Even the most smallest of thing can help.

wasalaam

Sad isn't it Cooldude? I often wonder the very same thing.

We're so busy dissing each other that the rest of the world takes advantage of us.

I wonder how much we could accomplish in terms of overcoming our global issues if we could just overlook some of the differences amongst us.

Even if it was for a little while....perhaps a decade....couldn't we just come together.....wahabis, barelvis, ahmadis, qadianis, sunnis, shias....whatever there may be.....couldn't we kick some global butt?

Comment

its always good to resolve islamic differences so we can be strong and united, but problems like these need to be understood for what they really are and what we should really do is ask Allah to guide us rightfully and our fellow brothers and sisters. islamic knowlege is widespread and those who do not seek it because of their pride will realize where their pride will take them.
      as for the matters which are destroying our ummah physically we need to react to more quickly, and leave our differences aside because at the end of the day we are muslims and we can get judged at the end of time for being ignorant of not following the correct path of islam.
      May Allah keep us away from hellfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna:
        Sad isn't it Cooldude? I often wonder the very same thing.

We're so busy dissing each other that the rest of the world takes advantage of us.

I wonder how much we could accomplish in terms of overcoming our global issues if we could just overlook some of the differences amongst us.

Even if it was for a little while....perhaps a decade....couldn't we just come together.....wahabis, barelvis, ahmadis, qadianis, sunnis, shias....whatever there may be.....couldn't we kick some global butt?

Yup. We would. Its just the shallowness of some minds, the want to prove yourself superior to others, by calling them kafir.. and doubting their beliefs. Isn't it stupid.. i mean.. the debate has been going on for centuries... and we still dont realize that the only thing we need is unity.

Comment

It does seem sad, pathetic and almost discouraging at times when one lifts up one's head and takes in all thats going on.

The deterioration, the problems are both physical and psychological, from within and from without.

Though we can find many to blame, various governments, organizations, leaders--both political and religious; the first person we have to look at is ourselves. Because if we cannot handle that which is within how can we be expected to tackle that which is without. I mean you have to be strong from the inside, to be able to deal with the outside. We have to open our eyes, and take things in perspective, its only when people can put aside their differences and work together, that will make a real difference.

Perhaps the arguments one has with different factions are valid, and there is nothing wrong with that, yet, one must take things in perspective. If those arguments take more precedence over lives of hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women, and children, then there is something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna:

Violence Again???? hmmmmm

I generally agree with cooldude that we should be united against Israel but are all the sects mentioned above united on this single issue. I don't know.

I wonder if Muzna Baji can mention a point where all these sects agree upon.

Comment

That there is only one Allah and none are His equal?

Comment

All major religions i.e. Islam, Christianity and Judaism preach the oneness of God with a little bit of variation. I guess if that was the only point to unite upon then we don't need to kick any global butt.

Anyhow, the problem starts when people interpret the word of God according to their thinking. Now, forget the Jews and Christians coz we want to kick their butt, can you tell us the second thing which we can agree upon.

Comment

But who said that we were gonna kick butt on religious grounds?

I would have thought to fight on humanitarian grounds.

Comment

Fight Who? The champions of Humanity??

(I think we are going off the topic here)

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:
                      Fight Who? The champions of Humanity??
                      Th exact opposite i would think. Unless you are being sarcastic...

Comment

I can't remember the exact hadith (maybe someone could do the honours) but it goes something like The muslim Ummah is like one body, if one part hurts then the whole body should feel the pain

When it comes down to the life and death of muslims or any human beings for that matter, then it doesn't matter who believes what. In another hadith Prophet Muhammed [phuh] has said that the life of one muslim is more important than the Kaaba and everything around it

Let me ask you - If anyone tried to burn down the Kaaba.. how much anger would that create inside you? Do you think all the muslims would have any problem uniting against the common enemy.. whatever their sect would be?

Comment

no one know these hadith?

Comment

Working...
                          X