Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are women also forbidden to wear gold???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are women also forbidden to wear gold???

This post was ignored in the cafe, so i thought it would get more attention here, cause i really want to know.

I just read this a few weeks ago, i don't know if it's true or not, if it isn't can someone please correct me.

In this book i was reading by Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-Ud-Deen Al-Albaani it says that women are also forbidden to wear gold.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the authority of Thaubaan who said, "Bint Hubaira came to the Prophet wearing large rings of gold on her hand. The Prophet began hitting her hand with a small stick, saying," Would it please you for Allah to put rings of fire on your hand?" And so she went to Fatimah to plead her case." Thaubaan said, "The Prophet went to Fatimah and i was with him. She had taken a gold chain from around her neck and she said, " This was given to me by Abu Hassan"(i.e. Ali, her husband), and the chain was in her hand. The Prophet then said," O Fatimah would you be pleased if the people were to say that Fatimah the daughter of Muhammad has a chain of fair on her neck?" Then he became harsh with her, and left without sitting. She took the chain, sold it, and bought the freedom of a number of slaves. When they reached the prophet he said, "All praise be to Allah who has saved Faatimah from the fire."

Ahmad, an-Nasaa'ee and others: Saheeh

On the authority of Aa'ishah that the Prophet saw two twisted bracelets made of gold on her wrist. He said," Cast them away from yourself, and put in their place two bracelets made of silver and dye them yellow with Saffron."

An-Nasaa'ee and others: Saheeh

On the authority of Umm Salama, wife of the Prophet who said, " I put some gold bead-shaped ornaments around my neck. The Prophet came in and turned away from it. I said to him, "Will you not look at its beauty?" He said,"It is from your ornaments which i have turned away," Then i broke the necklace, and he turned to face me." The narrator said," They believed that the Prophet then said,"How will it harm one of you women if you make earrings out of silver, and then dyed them yellow with Saffron?"

Ahmad and others: Saheeh

------------------
    To have come near to sing the perfect song
    And only by a half-tone lost the key,
    There is the potent sorrow, there the grief,
    The pale, sad staring of life's tragedy.

this is the first time i've heard tht women r not allowed to wear gold....really dunno wat to say.. i read somewhere tht gold's only forbidden for men....i also found this hadith.. which clearly shows tht women can wear gold, silk, etc. i'll see if i can find any other hadith/article/fatwa on it..

Abu Moosa al-Ash'ari (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (SAW) (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Silk and gold have been permitted for the females of my ummah, and have been forbidden for the males." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 4/393; see also Saheeh al-Jaami', 207).

Comment

Ruling on women wearing gold...

“(Like they then for Allaah) a creature who is brought up in adornments (wearing silk and gold ornaments, i.e. women), and who in dispute cannot make herself clear?”

[al-Zukhruf 43:18]

where Allaah mentions that wearing adornments is an attribute of women; this includes gold and other things.

It was narrated by....that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

Gold and silk have been permitted for the females of my ummah, and forbidden for the males.”

The practice of women wearing jewellery has been widespread from the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Sahaabah until the present day, without anyone denouncing them for doing that. Such a widespread practice cannot be objected to on the grounds of some aahaad reports.”

Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’ (vol. 6, p. 40):

“The Muslims are agreed that it is permissible for women to wear various kinds of adornment, of silver, gold and silk, by consensus, because of the saheeh ahaadeeth.”

He also said (vol. 6, p. 40):

“The Muslims are agreed that it is permissible for women to wear various kinds of adornment, of both silver and gold, of all types, such as necklaces, rings, bracelets, bangles, and everything that is worn on the neck and elsewhere, and everything that is ordinarily worn. There is no dispute on this matter at all.”

He said in his commentary on Saheeh Muslim, in the chapter on the prohibition of gold rings for men, and the abrogation of their being permissible which had existed at the beginning of Islam:

“The Muslims are agreed that gold rings are permissible for women.”

“The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade gold rings, or making rings of gold, to men only, not women. It has been reported that there is scholarly consensus concerning their being permissible for women.”

The fact that gold is permitted for women in general, whether it is formed into rings or not, is proven by the two hadeeth quoted above, and by the comments of the scholars mentioned above, and by the scholarly consensus that the following ahaadeeth are to be accepted:

1 – The hadeeth narrated by Abu Dawood and al-Nasaa’i from ‘Amr ibn Shu’ayb from his father from his grandfather, that a woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with a daughter of hers, on whose hand were two heavy bangles of gold. He said to her, “Do you pay zakaah on these?” She said, “No.” He said, “Would you be happy if Allaah were to give you two bracelets of fire on the Day of Resurrection because of these?” So she took them off and threw them to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), saying, “They are for Allaah and His Messenger.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained to her the obligation to pay zakaah on the two bangles mentioned, but he did not rebuke her for putting them on her daughter. This indicated that that is permissible, although they were formed into the shape of circles. The hadeeth is saheeh and its isnaad is jayyid, as was pointed out by al-Haafiz in al-Buloogh.

2 – It was narrated in Sunan Abi Dawood with a saheeh isnaad from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that she said: “Some jewellery came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as a gift from the Negus (the ruler of Abyssinia), as a gift to him. It included a gold ring in which was set an Abyssinian stone. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) picked it up hesitantly with a stick or with his fingers, then he called Umaamah the daughter of Abu’l-‘Aas and his daughter Zaynab. He said, ‘Adorn yourself with this, O my daughter.’” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave a ring to Umaamah, which was formed from a circle of gold, and said, “Adorn yourself with this.” This indicates that gold formed into a circle is permissible on the basis of this report.

Abu Dawood and al-Daraaqutni narrated, and al-Haakim classed as saheeh, as stated in Buloogh al-Maraam, a report from Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that she used to wear anklets of gold. She said, “O Messenger of Allaah, is this kanz (stored wealth)?” He said, “If you pay the zakaah on it, it is not kanz.”

------------------
      "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
      (11:55-56)

Comment

With regard to the ahaadeeth which appear to forbid women wearing gold, they are shaadhdh (“odd”), and contradict those which are more saheeh and stronger. The imams of hadeeth have stated that what is said in the ahaadeeth with jayyid isnaads but goes against ahaadeeth which are more saheeh, and they cannot be reconciled, and the chronology is not known, such reports are to be regarded as shaadhdh (“odd”) and unreliable, and they are not to be followed. Al-Haafiz al-‘Iraaqi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Alfiyyah:

“A shaadhdh (odd) report is one in which a thiqah (trustworthy) person says something which goes against the majority.

------------------
        "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)"
        (11:55-56)

Comment

The wearing of gold is haram on beliving Men.

The fatwah you have posted is from 'Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-Ud-Deen Al-Albaani '. I always liked his fatwah's and his teachings because they are according to Quran and Sunnah. Along with him, I always try to follow other big scholars namely Ibn Baaz, Ibn TAymiyyah etc, ( May Allah have mercy on all of them ) Ameen.

The Prophet Mohammed pbuh used to see things which others did not see. He also used to see angels and had more knowledge than any of us. So if he disliked the women of his family wearing gold, then there must be something bad in it. The Prophet pbuh reffered to gold chain as the chain of fire around Fatimah's neck. Prophet pbuh according to even Quran is the most truthful on earth. So This must be true too as its a Saheeh Hadeeth.

I will also tell my mother and sister about it and try to make them follow the Quran and Sunnah Inshallah.

P.S.: Why dont u put something about men too so that I may look at myself and try to fix any faults that I have. JAzak Allah Kheir

Comment

Originally posted by Mastana99:

...The Prophet pbuh reffered to gold chain as the chain of fire around Fatimah's neck.
            ....... So This must be true too ......
            This is the most offending and bogus hadith I have ever heard.
            This shows the fabricator's and his believer's thinking about Ahlulbait a.s.
            How can you even for a second believe anything like that.
            1) a gold chain for Bibi Fatima a.s??? and chain Big enough to fetch enough money to liberate few slaves???
            Don't you know they were so poor that for days they had nothing to eat except dried old bread.
            Her dress had so many pathches.
            once they did not have enough money to buy new cloths for grandsons of Nabi pbuh on eid, and Allah sent cloths for them from paradise.
            she had blisters on her hand from grinding the corns in her stone mill.
            This is the household where they fasted after fast with just water and old bread for iftar inbetween.

2)Rasool pbuh referring to chain as chain of fire around fatima's neck????
            Astughfirullah.
            You are talking about the person for whom Rasool pbuh used to get up from his place when she used to enter the mosque or house.
            you are talking about the person for whom Allah has said in quran 33:33 that Allah has seperated all kind of NIJASAT from this family(Ahlulbait a.s). If gold is haram then it is a nijasat and it is beyond anydoubt that any nijasat ever came even close to Ahlulbait. They were born like that.

Please Don't believe every hadith you read. some of them are just fabricated doesn't matter which book is reporting them. If you don't have knowledge about quran which I am sure YOU and I DON'T have then atleast use your brain to analyse it first.

And if you DO want to believe Hadiths like that then please stop pretending that you respect Ahlubait a.s too.

How come I never see you people mentioning anything so disgraceful about first three khalifas. there are many hadiths in Sahih satta which are like that. few months ago somebody mentioned an offending hadith like that for Bibi Fatima a.s and now again another one.
            WHAT IS YOUR MISSION I WONDER?????

Comment

Quote by .....

On the authority of Thaubaan who said, "Bint Hubaira came to the Prophet wearing large rings of gold on her hand. The Prophet began hitting her hand with a small stick, saying," Would it please you for Allah to put rings of fire on your hand?" And so she went to Fatimah to plead her case." Thaubaan said, "The Prophet went to Fatimah and i was with him. She had taken a gold chain from around her neck and she said, " This was given to me by Abu Hassan"(i.e. Ali, her husband), and the chain was in her hand. The Prophet then said," O Fatimah would you be pleased if the people were to say that Fatimah the daughter of Muhammad has a chain of fair on her neck?" Then he became harsh with her, and left without sitting. She took the chain, sold it, and bought the freedom of a number of slaves. When they reached the prophet he said, "All praise be to Allah who has saved Faatimah from the fire."

Ahmad, an-Nasaa'ee and others: Saheeh

Comment

Well from what i hear gold is not harram for women. although the prophet (saw) did not let his daughter wear it, because women would follow her example, it was for the reason that most muslims were not well off and to flaunt the gold infornt of those who could not afford it was not humble of them.
                Therefore to expose heavy gold infornt of people is being unconsiderate to their financial situation-or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                X