Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nail Polish ki Haqeeqat -!

Salamz,

Brothers n sisters Kindly go ahead and read it. I am impressed by this article. With very good references and quotes. I believe guys can also read this for the sake of their knowledge atleast ? .

Originally posted by mehndi:
    I got this in an email and insha'Allah I hope people get something out of it...

But first let me tell you the disadvantages of growing your nails and applying the polish!!!!

1)Cutting the nails is part of the fitrah, because the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said had said so (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). According to another hadeeth, ten things are part of the fitrah, including cutting the nails. Anas (may Allaah be pleased with
    him) said: ^The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) set a time limit for us to cut our moustaches, cut our nails, pluck our armpit hairs and shave hairs: we were not to leave it any longer than forty days.^ (Reported by Ahmad, Muslim and al-Nisaa^i; this version narrated by
    Ahmad). Whoever does not cut his nails is going against the fitrah.

2)From cleanliness and hygiene point of view because what deposits under the nails includes dirt , food -which eventually rots, fungal and bacterial spores - whice can thrive under the semi-anaerobic conditions,residues of creams and detergents- many of which are non-biodegradable and harmful in long term exposure

3)Cutting nails also makes us different from animals that have claws and talons .

4)Also this growing of nails originated in the kuffar and doing so makes us emulate them

5)Woman CAN pray with nail polish BUT not do wuzu (ablution) with it !
    Please note that salat(namaz) is NOT valid till wuzu(ablution) is valid !!
    This means that she removes the nail polish, takes her ablution, and then puts the nail polish back, then she can pray with it!!
    Thus for 5 prayers she will have to take nail polish OFF and then again put it on- then again ,and again and again .... 5 times each !!!Phew ! What a waste of time and energy and resources ( polish and polish remover are not
    so cheap)

6)Nail polish is an ornament and muslim woman is not supposed to display her ornaments in the presence of non-mahrams!

7)Nail polish has organic solvents , dyes , - none of them are safe for internal consumption - after all Today's polish is a refined version of car paint!!!!

8)Acetone is an important ingredient of Nail polish as well as remover.Please note the health HAZARDS of acetone:
    Taken from CDC (Center for disease control) website http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts21.html
    Breathing moderate-to-high levels of acetone for short periods of time,
    however, can cause nose, throat, lung, and eye irritation; headaches; light-headedness; confusion; increased pulse rate; effects on blood; nausea; vomiting; unconsciousness and possibly coma; and shortening of the menstrual cycle in women.
    Animal studies have shown Kidney, liver, and nerve damage, increased birth defects, and lowered fertility on long term exposure to acetone.

9)There are some muslim sisters who use it only during a certain time of the month - when they do not pray- but it is it merely tells everyone else- brothers,cousins and father included what they are not supposed to know!!

10)Using nail polish also is an act of Israf (extravagance) - <b>not the best thing to do when millions are dying of hunger and thirst in this world!</b>

11)Difference between nail polish and henna - henna does NOT spoil wuzu- nail polish does !!!Henna does not prevent water from reaching the skin

12) The major bath = ghusl is incomplete and invalid if the girl is wearing nail polish !!!! ( If a portion as small as the extent of a hairs breadth is left dry the ghusl will be incomplete)

13)A report by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) said the chemical in question is called dibutyl phthalate or DBP(a class of industrial plasticizers which makes them flexible ) links them to Taken from CNN website : http://www.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/women/11/29/nail.polish/

We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. Allaah is the Guide to the Straight Path. And Allah knows best.

As for the advantages:
    NONE - other than those imagined by an agent of the nail polish manufacturer
    and cosmetic industry !!!!!
    Ameen.

[This message has been edited by SalmanKhana (edited May 03, 2001).]

Assalaamo Aleikum Brother,

Jazak Allah khair for putting up a great knowledgeable post. Very informative.
    Being simple is purity, which Allah prefers.

Fe Aman Allah

------------------
    *** La Ikraha Fid-Deen ****
    Let there be no compulsion in religion..2:256 Al Quran
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ****"That is because Allah is
    the (only) Reality, and because whatever else they invoke besides Him is
    Falsehood; and because Allah,- He is the Most High, Most Great". ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by Momin*Muslimah (edited May 03, 2001).]

Comment

Awsome!!!
      Keep the good work.

Comment

Jazak Allah khair!
        Really good article

------------------
        **Ya Rab dil e muslim ko woh zinda tamanna de,
        Jo qalb ko garma de, jo roh ko tarpa de!**
        **Alama Iqbal**

Comment

>>>2)From cleanliness and hygiene point of view because what deposits under the nails includes dirt , food -which eventually rots, fungal and bacterial spores - whice can thrive under the semi-anaerobic conditions,residues of creams and detergents- many of which are non-biodegradable and harmful in long term exposure

3)Cutting nails also makes us different from animals that have claws and talons .

9)There are some muslim sisters who use it only during a certain time of the month - when they do not pray- but it is it merely tells everyone else- brothers,cousins and father included what they are not supposed to know!!

10)Using nail polish also is an act of Israf (extravagance) - not the best thing to do when millions are dying of hunger and thirst in this world!<<<

Sigh. I don't know why,
          but i feel majorly insulted by having to read all these *points of arguments*.

This was quite a horrible email spam, a very useless one too.

Comment

Oh damn my nail polish just chipped off

Comment

Originally posted by aphrodite:
              Oh damn my nail polish just chipped off
              It might be what you have been brought up with, but please refrain from using swear words in this forum atleast.

P.S. : This is a fact that Wudu for a Salat is not valid with nail polish. So I would assume that 90% of the girls who put nail polish dont pray regularly. That is sad !

Comment

noo... correction,
                YOU'RE sad , whoever wrote this email is sad.

>>>but please refrain from using swear words in this forum atleast.<<<
                This forum is the same as any other forum.
                The Img gallery is not as any holier than this one.

But anyhows, back to the
                the thread topic,

Main points i got out of this spam:
                - only animals have claws. So girls who choose to grow their nails, are, well, animals

- everyone with long nails don't take proper care of their hygiene - that there is dirt under their nails. with food stuck beneath them, gandhagi, fungus and god knows what else! yes, the girls simply just don't know how to clean themselves

- using nailpolish as an example as to how money is being wasted when it could be used for children starving all over the world. I could say the same excuse for things you buy perhaps? Now that reasoning of an arguing was sad - the writer probably just wanted to round it up 10 even points

- it's a shameful thing if a guy finds out the girl has her period. Oh no no no, can't have that now can you, periods are just baad!!

Infact the only points of argument I agreed to was where health of its smell is a concern, and it being fitrah. That's it.

Everything else was just, well, bs.

I never understood why people try so hard to find such negative things with what women do
                Next thing you know,
                someone's going to be making up the excuse eyebrows shouldn't be plucked since that was the act of prostitutes back during the times of Prophet (S).

Comment

Originally posted by aphrodite:
                  noo... correction,
                  YOU'RE sad .

I could say the same excuse for things you buy perhaps?

- it's a shameful thing if a guy finds out the girl has her period. Oh no no no, can't have that now can you, periods are just baad!!

Next thing you know,
                  someone's going to be making up the excuse eyebrows shouldn't be plucked since that was the act of prostitutes back during the times of Prophet (S).
                  Make sure you dont call anyone names.

Secondly, this was a very childish approach. I prefer it if people reply in a mature way. It was funny+sad!. The only idea I get from your talks and I believe everyone else does too, is that you love having long nails and you are just trying to make yourself happy by rebutting against the tafseer of the Hadeeth by Prophet pbuh. Do whatever you want because we can just advise.

If this is how you feel happy by just talking BS against the truth and the facts, go ahead untill the mods stop you and we will just ignore you simply . I am not sure if you are a muslim or not. Anyways I dont care what you are, No other female supported your ideas? quite interesting

------------------
                  Lm kH
                  onT iMMiTTe, iNNoVT

Comment

Originally posted by SalmanKhana:

P.S. : This is a fact that Wudu for a Salat is not valid with nail polish. So I would assume that 90% of the girls who put nail polish dont pray regularly. That is sad !
                    I still support this

Comment

>>>The only idea I get from your talks and I believe everyone else does too, is that you love having long nails and you are just trying to make yourself happy by rebutting against the tafseer of the Hadeeth by Prophet pbuh.<<<

Yeah i knew you'd go for the ez assumption points and use those against me, which were:

1. I have long nails
                      2. I'm going against Prophet (S)'s say

fyi, I did say, "Infact the only points of argument I agreed to were where health of its smell is a concern, and it being fitrah. That's it."
                      And if your'e referring to the bit where i was talking about eyebrows and Prophet (S)'s time - well, just to spell it out for you: it's guna if you insult the Prophet, not the era he lived in. got it now?

I've met the most incredibly modest muslims ladies who have long, clean neat nails AND are still into the fashion pashion of being into the nail colours - and apply them only when there's a break between a prayer.

Anyway, this isn't about if girls don't pray if they have nail polish on, or not. Both you know it and i know it.
                      This is about gullible frivolour people having to think girls who wear nail polish are dirty by having nasty things under their nail, don't know pesonal hygiene, cant' seem to wash their hands, being unmodest by guys assuming they have their periods, girls just throwing money.

Comment

and oh look who just sent me a private msg and woo in caps too!!:

DONT GO AGAINST THE HADEETH OF PROPHET PBUH. YOU WILL BE SORRY

see what i mean folks?

the guy just dives right in saying i'm going against Prophet S, when i spelled it out for him i'm not at all. he fails to see it.

Comment

applying nail polish between the break in prayers only and removing it later on ?

now thats the most funnist joke i've ever heard..

now you are on ignore. I dont appreciate immature talks. !!

Comment

yo man you're not able to put ppl's posts on ignore on the boards here.

Waisay i proved my point and you can't argue against it. Which is obvious from your most recent response. Psshtt, some *all-knower* you are

Comment

SalmanKhana,

Please be advised that rules and regulations of GupShup apply to all services that are provided, including Private Messaging.

If you are found to be harassing members, you will face having your privileges restricted.

Consider yourself warned.

Comment

Working...
                              X