The Nation of Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nation of Islam

How accurately does Minister Louis Farrakhan represent Islam today?

I dont know who is this minister.

Comment

Originally posted by Girl from Quraysh:

How accurately does Minister Louis Farrakhan represent Islam today?

I think he does not represent Islam at all, mainly because they believe that Elijah Mohammad (Founder of the Nation of Islam) is a Messaiah or prophet and secondly the Nation of Islam is basically a black supremacist organization, and they possess extreme hatred towards non blacks. Maybe someone else can throw some more light on this.

thanx

Comment

There teaching is not any where close to islam. The only thing in common is part of the name ISLAM.

Comment

I've come across 2 opinions from scholars on the nation of islam.

1.) Those who say they do not know what the Nation of Islam's beliefs are, and thus do not wish to comment on thwm.

2.) Those who state that the Nation of Islam are heretics.
          Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
          Al-Ghazali

Comment

they do not fast during ramadan as they say the quran says that you do not need to fast if you are on a journey and the NOI claim that they are on a spiritual journey-subhanallah! Anyway may Allah guide them to the correct path.

Comment

I think he does not represent Islam at all, mainly because they believe that Elijah Mohammad (Founder of the Nation of Islam) is a Messaiah or prophet and secondly the Nation of Islam is basically a black supremacist organization, and they possess extreme hatred towards non blacks.
              Those are the popular ideas that are floating around, but most of them are based on what was true forty years ago. I guess what i want to know, is how much of that is still true today?

Comment

The Nation of islam are not muslims because they have said that there is another prophet after the last prophet Muhammed (saw).

Comment

DonJuan DeMarco has explained well. Few months ago I heard that Nation of Islam has entered in true Islam and have abandon their fake brand of religion. It happened as the followers of Nation of Islam forced Farrakhan to change and he agreed under pressure. But this good news seems to be not true. As I went to their web site (www.noi.org) and found the same old false belief. Following are few points pasted from their article on "What The Muslims Believe". (the title should have being what nation of Islam believes):
                  ... (5) WE BELIEVE in the the resurrection of the dead--not in physical resurrection--but in mental resurrection. We believe that the so-called Negroes are most in need of mental resurrection; therefore they will be resurrected first.

Furthermore, we believe we are the people of God's choice, as it has been written, that God would choose the rejected and the despised. We can find no other persons fitting this description in these last days more that the so-called Negroes in America. We believe in the resurrection of the righteous.
                  ....(12) WE BELIEVE that Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July, 1930; the long-awaited "Messiah" of the Christians and the "Mahdi" of the Muslims.

After reading the article (http://www.noi.org/program.html) to me it sound like conspirasy; if not when this organization was origination, but now non-muslims may want to use this organization to weaken Islam. Who knows that Farrakhan is a friends of non-muslims behind the scene.

Comment

Nation of Islam is distortion.
                    Its not Islam.
                    Bottom line is its some wired religon.
                    Its totaly messed up . DOnt confuse it with ISLam.
                    Some stupid Black's idea of Religon.
                    He should be shot........Wait he is Dead.
                    whatever......

Comment

non-muslims they are

------------------
                      ~Survival of the smartest~

Comment

In the early 1980s the original Nation of Islam officially abandoned its beliefs and the majority of its adherents became Sunni Muslims. However, a faction led by Farrakhan rejected this and persisted with their previous racist and corrupted beliefs.
                        Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                        Al-Ghazali

Comment

Since when have Pakis be given the authority to decide who is Muslim and who is not? Go and check out Islam in your own country and let other worry about their own faith. If someone says s/he is Muslim, no one has any right to say otherwise. You can call yourself dogís behind and people will believe you. If they donít then start a campaign to get recognition.

By the way, the Nation of Islamís version of Islam is much better than that being practiced in Afghanistan.

Comment

We are a superior nation or at least we think we are just like the US or UK who use their right to call whoever they like a terrorist whenever they want.

Comment

So Khan-Sahib, by them calling someone Terrorist, does that Nation become Terrorist? If you believe that you are what they call you, then it is truly a sorry state.

Comment

Working...
                              X