Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eating Out (fast food) in Canada

http://www.eat-halal.com/fastfood.htm

PLEASE NOTE: We strongly advise that Muslims avoid eating food from non-Muslim restaurants, due to the HIGH risk of contamination by dirty utensils, unwashed hands/gloves, mishandling, and human error. Don't risk it - just don't eat out!

The following is the most recent information we have regarding food outlets in Canada:

Burger King: Avoid everything (including milkshakes) except carrot muffin, salads (avoid caesar salad dressing), coffee, juices, soft drinks, and chocolate birthday cake.

Harvey's: Avoid everything except beverages, french fries, and Veggieburger.

Joey's Only Seafood: Avoid all food items.

McDonald's: Avoid everything except beverages (soda, milkshake, juice, etc.), desserts (soft ice cream, sundae, pie, cinnamon graham cookie).

Mikes: Pizza: dough, sauce, and cheese are okay. Avoid everything else except beverages. Ask employees to use washed cutting knife to slice pizza when ordering.

Pizza Hut: Avoid all meat/pork products, toppings, and sauces. Also avoid olive oil & garlic sauce - portion pack (contains white wine - served with pasta orders) and diced apple topping (contains gelatin). Ask employees to use washed cutting knife to slice pizza when ordering.

PizzaPizza: Dough, sauce, and cheese are okay. Ask employees to use washed cutting knife to slice pizza when ordering.

Subway: All breads are okay except for Parmesan oregano bread. Tuna, vegetables, and condiments are all okay. Avoid everything else.

Tim Hortons: All baked goods and drinks are okay.

Is there any such site for USA? This is good, as it is simple, no-nonsense approach. Most other sites give a huge list of halal/haraam items.

Comment

how about canadian $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
        http://www.eat-halal.com/fastfood.htm
        Burger King: Avoid everything (including milkshakes) except carrot muffin, salads (avoid caesar salad dressing), coffee, juices, soft drinks, and chocolate birthday cake.

k, what about this in the US>?

Comment

i am not sure abt US

Comment

salamz,

Jazak Allah Kheir for this article.

but I love pizza'z. wassap wid the garlic sauce? am so sad . i like it with the pizza.. !!

batao mujhai... !! plz

Comment

Thanks Sadiaa.

Pristine, i know a halal rest. site in US and Canada and it is also powered by the same site Sadiaa mentioned. It gives you rest. by states..i don't know if it's of any help to you..but here it is:
              http://www.zabihah.com/

Comment

I started a thread in the General section least week on different organizations that have listings of which food products and restaurants are halal--both canadian and american

here's the link
                http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum1/HTML/004974.html

------------------
                "To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates
                what He wills. He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and
                bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills. Or He bestows both males and
                females, and He renders barren who He wills. Verily, He is the All-Knower
                and is Able to do all things." (Ash-Shura 42:49-50)
                22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

I have soooo many friends working at Pizza places, from managers, shift managers & delivery drivers. They never told me anything about this.

Have a close family friend who own 8 Burger Kings ... maybe we need to talk!

Humm ... ?
                  I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                  - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
                  X