• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Namaz offered after 54 years at mosque

Namaz offered after 54 years at mosque
    Tribune News Service

Sangrur, April 27
    Members of the Muslim community today offered namaz after 54 years at a deserted mosque at Kakra village near Bhawanigarh, about 25 km from here.

Before the partition this village was dominated by the members of the Muslim community, but after the partition most of them preferred to migrate to Pakistan.

On this occasion, Punjab Sports Minister, Nusrat Ali Khan, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Development, Ranjit Singh Balian and chairman of the Punjab Land Reclamation Corporation, Parkash Chand Garg visited the village. Several Muslims, who had left the village during the partition, were also present on the occasion.

The namaz of the “zohar” was led by Hafiz Mohammad Bashir. While the people offered the namaz. Muslims from the nearby villages also participated.

Addressing the gathering, Mr Khan, Mr Balian and Mr Garg urged the people to maintain communal harmony and respect others’ religion.

Mr Khan and Mr Balian also announced grants of Rs 25,000 and Rs 1 lakh, respectively, for the mosque.

Originally posted by ChannMahi:

Sangrur, April 27
    Members of the Muslim community today offered namaz after 54 years at a deserted mosque at Kakra village near Bhawanigarh, about 25 km from here.
    How lucky for muslims at kakra village because had there been Talibans in india they would have demolished this mosque too.

as wasir wrote in a different thread. in his own words.
    "Taliban has demolitied few Mosques but those wern't from any particular sect, the only reason was that they wern't under use due to migration of local population." Mosques are relatively safer with Hindus.
    wassalam

Comment

Gubber Singh,

Perhaps you'd like to provide us with a valid source providing a proper basis for your claim. For if you took Wasir's reply so seriously, i'm sure you went to the proper lengths to validfy his statement was correct.

Comment

I did not do any research and it wasn't my word. I was only quoting Wasir. Burden of proof is on him.
        Thanks for your concern.
        Wassalam

Comment

I was being sarcastic

Hmmm so you don't think there's anything wrong with spreading information when you don't know whether it is true or not? Just a thought, i know i would be hesitant to make arguments and claims on just anything i hear or read.

Comment

Lady, It was Wasir who made this statement not me , and I didn't think there was any reason not to believe him. He is a Muslim and a man.

Wassalam

[This message has been edited by Gubber Singh (edited April 30, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
            X