Celebrating Mawlid - Imitation of the Kuffar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrating Mawlid - Imitation of the Kuffar

Celebrating birthdays is an imitation of the Christians, resembling their tradition of celebrating the birthday of Prophet Jesus (alaihi as-salaam). However, a Muslim is commanded to be distinctively different from the non-believers. The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said:

“Be different from the Jews and the Christians.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]

He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) also said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” [Saheeh - Reported by Ahmad]

The Christian New Year starts from the Birthday of Jesus $ (exaggerating the status of Jesus (alaihi as-salaam)), whereas the Islamic New year starts from the Hijrah (migration) of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) from Makkah to Madinah. Narrated Sahl ibn Saad (radhi allahu anhu): “The Prophet's Companions (radhi allahu anhu) did not take as a starting date for the Muslim calendar, the day the Prophet of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) has been sent as a Messenger nor the day of his death, but the day of his arrival to Madinah.” [Sahaaeh al-Bukharee]

If Birthdays had any significance in Islam, then the Sahabah (radhi allahu anhu) would have surely commenced the Islamic Year from the Birth of Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam).

The Sahabah (radhi allahu anhum) expressed their love to Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and obeyed him, when they initiated the Islamic Year from the Hijrah of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam).

Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) had warned them from exaggeration, he said: “Do not exaggerate me, as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say 'the slave of Allah and Messenger of Allah”

[Saheeh Bukharee]

Thus, birthdays have no significance or merits in Islam and celebrating the Prophet's Birthday is an evil innovation resembling the Kuffar.

...to be continued...

salamz

Jazak ALlah KHeir bro.

that was what i try to advise everybody but many people dont listen.

This is very true that we mozlems are not supposed to celebrate anyone'z birthday because that will be the immation of the Non-BElievers.

You have quoted good examples but there are already fatwah's for that I believe. Check it out on www.islam-qa.com

have a good one and keep making dua for me too.

ws'salamz

[This message has been edited by SalmanKhana (edited April 25, 2001).]

Comment

Its even more sad when your family and friends celebrate. When you tell them you cannot participate they think you are weird or an extremist. It makes me feel like im in the minority, but i dont feel bad because in every action i take i do my best to act according to sharia and sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by SalmanKhana:
        salamz

have a good one and keep making dua for me too.

ws'salamz

[This message has been edited by SalmanKhana (edited April 25, 2001).]
        Woa....you just commited "Shirk" according to your own beliefs. Why ask your friend to pray for you when you can pray to Allah directly?? I would appreciate if you can explain the logic behind your action.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakir75:
          Woa....you just commited "Shirk" according to your own beliefs. Why ask your friend to pray for you when you can pray to Allah directly?? I would appreciate if you can explain the logic behind your action.

===========================================

What are you talking about Shakir. He is asking his living(not dead) friends to pray to Allah for him. Praying to Allah for someone is not a shirk. Praying to (someone other than Allah) is a shirk.

[This message has been edited by analyze it (edited April 25, 2001).]

Comment

Here we go again. I think we are going round and round in circles. More proof:

A Sahih Hadith narrated by Imam Muslim (vol.2 p.268) states that the Nabi Muhammad (s) said that on the night of Mi'raj he (s) passed by the grave of Sayyidina Musa (as) and saw him praying in his grave (idha bi Musa yusalli fi Qabrihi)

This is evidence from the Sunnah of the Nabi Muhammad (s) that there are certain holy people of Allah (swt) who can even pray in the qabr . The ulama say that they are not praying because it is fard (obligatory) upon them (since they have already died) but that they are praying for the sake of the love of Allah (swt) and because they enjoy praying and thus talking to Allah (swt).

About the Anbiya (Prophets) (as), there are no doubts since Abu Ya'la and al-Bazzar (in their Musnads) narrate a sahih Hadith concering the Prophets that the Prophet (s) said that all of the Prophets are alive and praying in their graves. (al-Anbiya Ahyaa'un fi Quburihim yusalloon). The Arabic word for prayer used in this Hadith is (Salah), which may also mean du'a, besides the ritual Salah we know.

In another Sahih Hadith narrated by Abu Dawud, Nasai, Ibn Majah, Ahmad, Tabarani and others, the Nabi Muhammad (s) said that one must make a lot of Salawat on the day of Jumu`ah as this will be presented to the Nabi Muhammad (s). Then the Sahabah asked the Prophet (s) how their salawat was going to be presented to him after he had died and his body is no more, and the Prophet (s) replied that:

"Allah (swt) has made it haram (forbidden) for the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets"

Things are only presented to someone if he is alive , fully aware and conscious of everything. This Hadith also shows that the Prophet (s) is aware of our salawat and our spiritual states, otherwise what is the meaning of this presentation?

So they are alive in the graves, they are praying, they are aware of who is making salawat on them -“ in short, they know us.

Brother Analyze this, what do have to say to the the two above-mentioned hadith???
            There are many more. I could post them if you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by analyze it:
              ===========================================

What are you talking about Shakir. He is asking his living(not dead) friends to pray to Allah for him. Praying to Allah for someone is not a shirk. Praying to (someone other than Allah) is a shirk.

[This message has been edited by analyze it (edited April 25, 2001).]
              No true Muslim prays to anyone else but Allah. We all know that. I'm sure that you will agree with me.
              So you admit then that there is nothing wrong to ask someone else to pray for you? I take that your answer is "Yes". So if I wanted someone to pray for me, who do you think I would request? A friend of mine who does not perform namaaz regurarly, or a pious person? Obviously a pious person. Now if Hazrat Musa (a.s) can pray for us, then why can't I ask him to pray for me? Tell me what's wrong with this? I have already provided proof from Hadith that he is able to pray in his blessed grave. And whose prayers do you think are more likely to be answered by Allah Ta'lla? My friend's, or a wali's? Likewise, I can always ask our Beloved Prophet (pbuh) to pray for me, as he his praying for his ummah. Nothing wrong with this. I am not committing any shirk as long as I am not taking up partners with Allah. May Allah Ta'la guide us all.

Waiting for you comments.
              Wasallam.

[This message has been edited by Shakir75 (edited April 25, 2001).]

Comment

well done shakir.

Comment

salamz

keep making dua for me too.

looking for WASILA ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Gubber Singh:
                    looking for WASILA ?????
                    Looks like he is.

[This message has been edited by Shakir75 (edited April 25, 2001).]

Comment

I feel very sorry for all of you first of all!

Secondly my dear, i didnt ask u to pray as in salat for me.. i used the words 'dua' for me. Many people used to come to Prophet pbuh to ask him to make dua for them for their matters.

We normally make dua for all the muslims in our duas. Even the dua's that Prophet pbuh taught the companions, many of them mention all the muslim ummat.

So I just asked the brother who wrote this article to remember me in his dua whenever he asks Allah for something.

Dont you know that the dua gets accepted the most in a few situations specially. One of them is when one brother says dua for another brother behind his back.

Here are some of the Authentic HAdeeth from Sahih Muslim

Book 035, Number 6588:
                      Abu Dharr reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: There is no believing servant who supplicates for his brother behind his back (in his absence) that the Angels do not say: The same be for you too.

and here from Sahih Muslim again :-

Book 035, Number 6590:
                      Safwan (and he was Ibn 'Abdullah b. Safwan, and he had been married to Umm Darda') reported: I visited Abu Darda's house in Syria. I did not find him there but Umm Darda' (was present at the house). She said: Do you intend to perform Hajj during this year? I said: Yes. She said: Do supplicate Allah for blessings upon us, for Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon hiin) used to say: The supplication of a Muslim for his brother at his back (in his absence) is responded so long as he makes a supplica- tion for blessings for his brother and the commissioned Angel says: Amen, and says: May it be for you too I I went to the bazar and met Abfi Dardi' and he narrated like this from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).

Here is one more please !

Sahih Muslim

Book 035, Number 6589:
                      Umm Darda' reported: My husband reported that he heard Allah's Mes- senger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who supplicates for his brother behind his back (in his absence), the Angel commissioned (for carrying supplication to his Lord) says: Amen, and it is for you also.

May Allah give me Guidance and us all Guidance and stop us from doing all evil deeds. Ameen

Please brothers , remember me in ur Supplications (Dua) . !!

------------------
                      ˛şşą§âLmăń kHäń™»
                      ĐonT iMMiTăTe, iNNoVăTë ®

Comment

Brother Salman Khan,
                        So you are agreeing with what I said?

Comment

Brother Salman Khan,
                          So you are agreeing with what I said?
                          I guess I proved you all wrong dude You accused me of doing shirk but now i've proved that even companions used to ask others for making dua for them.!!

try again to attack at me later on !!

but make sure u have the correct evidences and make SURE you ask the 'scholars' before you try to prove me wrong.

I am not being arrogant, its just that whenever i say something, i quote the scholars or what i"ve heard from them or the Quran or Saheeh Hadeeth.

all the best in proving me wrong dude !

[This message has been edited by SalmanKhana (edited April 26, 2001).]

Comment

now i've proved that even Prophet pbuh and companions used to ask others for making dua for them.!!

Thank you!! Thank You!! for answering your own question about wasila. I hope your mind is all clear about Wasila now. According to your own post Even Nabi pbuh used to look for wasila for Dua.
                            If you still can't read what you wrote then I can't help it, but I am sure other Sunni musalman brothers and sister can read it in your writing.
                            Dua ka talib

Comment

Salaam

May I ask what is "Wasila"?

Plz do answer.
                              thank you

AH

------------------
                              Herem aik, Khuda aik, Nabi aik, Quran bhi aik
                              Kya Kuch berhi baat thi, hotey agher muselmaan bhi aik :rotato:

Comment

Working...
                              X