Milaad in Prophet's(sallallaho alaihi wasallam) time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milaad in Prophet's(sallallaho alaihi wasallam) time

Hadrat Abu Darda(radi Allahu anho) reported that he accompnied the Holy Prophet(sallallaho alaihi wasallam) to the house of Aamir Ansari() where he was relating to his children and his tribe whom he had gathered, the events of the birth of the Holy Prophet(sallallaho alaihi wasallam) and stated: “This is the day. This is the day.”
    Hearing this the Prophet(sallallaho alaihi wasallam) exclaimed: “Definitely, Allah has opened His doors of Mercy upon thee, and all the Angles beseech Allah for thy forgiveness; he who follows your action(establish Milad), shall enjoy acquittance.”

And remember Milad means talking about the events and miracles happened at the birth of the Holy Prophet(sallallaho alaihi wasallam)( on 12th Rabi ul awal or any other day of the year) and nothing else, but ignorant people call it biddah, and don’t even know the meaning of biddah.

Originally posted by wasir:
    Hadrat Abu Darda(radi Allahu anho) reported .....”

....but ignorant people call it biddah, and don’t even know the meaning of biddah.
    Speaking of ignorance and of not speaking in ignorance, can you please provide the source for this quote so we can check them?

Comment

I have quoted this from
      Kitabul-Tanweer, page 25
      Written by Allama Abul-Khattab Maghribi
      written in 7th Century Hijri
      if anything goes against you or isn't in your knowledge then don't jump in.
      Increse your knowledge about Quran and Hadit,
      we love our Prophet(peace be upon him) so we care about every single thing happened in his time. Thats not the only one, In the same book on the same page there is another narration
      Originally posted by Alpha1:
      Speaking of ignorance and of not speaking in ignorance, can you please provide the source for this quote so we can check them?

Comment

Did Prophet ever estalished Milad? Did his companions ever established Milad? Did people after his companions invented this innovation into islam? The answer to those three questions is, No.

Who are YOU to implement it as part of deen?

Calling someone ignorant, and labeling them with "kufr" just because they don't do stuff which was not done by Prophet and his companions as part of deen(islam) is weapon of cowards and of people who invent innovations into Islam just because their peer-sahib said so.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Guy:
          Calling someone ignorant, and labeling them with "kufr" just because they don't do stuff which was not done by Prophet and his companions as part of deen(islam) is weapon of cowards and of people who invent innovations into Islam just because their peer-sahib said so.
          Did I just miss something? Nobody called you a Kafir here.

Comment

Did Prophet ever estalished Milad? Did his companions ever established Milad? Did people after his companions invented this innovation into islam? The answer to those three questions is, No.

There are a lot of innovations is Islam since the time of our Prophet (pbuh). We do not object to them because they are considered good innovations. Example are:

1)Compiling the Qu'ran
            2)The Maqam of Ibrahim (as) in relation to the Ka'ba
            3)Adding the first call to prayer on Friday
            4)Salutations on the Prophet composed and taught by our Master `Ali (r).
            5)The addition to the tashahhud by Ibn Mas'ud

These are some of the developments instituted by the Prophet's Companions, the scholars, and the honorable members of his nation, which did not exist during the time of the Prophet, and which they deemed good. Are they, then, misguided and guilty of bad innovation?

Furthermore, that the Prophet and his Companions did not do certain things does not mean they made that thing prohibited. The proof is in the Prophet's saying, "Whoever establishes, in Islam, a good practice..." cited earlier. This is the strongest evidence that gives encouragement to innovate whatever practices have foundations in religious law, even if the Prophet and his Companions did not do them. Al Shafi'i said, "Anything that has a foundation in religious law is not an innovation even if the Companions did not do it, because their refraining from doing it might have been for a certain excuse they had at the time, or they left it for something better, or perhaps not all of them knew about it." Therefore, whoever prohibits anything based on the concept that the Prophet did not do it, his claim has no proof and must be rejected.

Thus we say to the rejecters of << Mawlid>> : based on the rule you have attempted to found, that is, that whoever does anything that the Prophet or his Companions did not do is committing innovation, it would follow that the Prophet did not complete the religion for his nation, and that the Prophet did not convey to the nation what they should do. No one says this or believes this except a heretic defecting from the religion of Allah. To the doubters of << Mawlid>> we declare, "Based on what you say, we convict you." For you have innovated in the basics of worship a large number of things that the Prophet did not do, nor did his Companions, the Generation after the Companions, or the Generation after them. For instance:

Congregating people behind one Imam to pray Salat al Tahajjud after Salat Al Tarawih, in the two Holy Mosques and other mosques.

Reciting the Prayer of Completion of the Qu'ran in Salat al Tarawih and also in Salat al Tahajjud.

Designating the 27th night of Ramadan to complete reading the entire Qu'ran in the two Holy Mosques.

A caller saying, after Salat al Tarawih, in the Qiyam prayer, "May Allah reward you."

Founding organizations which did not exist in the time of the Prophet, such as Islamic universities, societies for committing the Qu'ran to memory, and offices for missionary work, and committees for enjoining good and forbidding evil. We are not objecting to these things, since they are forms of good innovation. We merely list these innovations to point out that those who oppose << Mawlid>> clearly contradict their own rule stating that anything that neither the Prophet nor his Companions did is innovation. And since they claim that all innovation is bad, they themselves are guilty.

Comment

Dear Bro..
              You should read other posts before you jump in
              in my first post i have proved Milad from Prophet's(peace be upon him and his family)time
              either deny that if you dare or accept it
              and we Sunnis don't call Kafir to anybody(we just call other sects off the track)
              but its you lot, who have got a hobby to label every single action of Sunnis as Shirk
              and remember, if you call a Mslim Kafir or doing Shirk, then you should worry about your own status in Islam.
              If you are the follower of Abdul Wahab Najadi, let me know, i will provide you a full history of his and his followers

Who are YOU to implement it as part of deen?

Comment

May Allah guide the innovators to the correct path:

As regards the celebration of the birthday of the Messenger (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam), the scholars have clearly stated that the person who first introduced this innovation (bid'a) was Muzaffar ad-Din ibn Zain al-Din, the ruler of Irbil. "He was a prodigal monarch. He commanded the scholars of his time to follow the conduct based on their own derivation and independent thinking (ijtihad), and that they should not follow any school of law of any master except their own. A group of scholars and a body of the servants inclined towards him. He used to celebrate the birthday of the first monarch to introduce this practice among the Muslims"[1]

He used to spend one hundred thousand (dirhams) on the celebration of the birthday of the Messenger (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) every year.[2]

His assistant and helper in this innovation was Abdul Khattab Umar b. Dihya . "He was employed in the Maghrib, then travelled to Syria, then to Iraq, and then went to Irbil in 604 A.H. and found its monarch Muzaffar al-Din b. Zain al-Din who took keen interest in celebrating the birthday of the Messenger (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam). He composed a book for him al-Tanwir fi Maulid al-Siraj al-Munir and recited it to him. He rewarded him with one thousand dinars."[3]

Ibn Kathir has reported on the authority of al-Sabt about Ibn Dihya: "Ibn Unain used to defame the Muslims and disparage them. He would make additions in his report and exaggerate. So the people gave up narrating traditions from him and falsified him. Kamil was favouring him. When his conduct was disclosed to him, he withdrew Dar-al-Hadith from him and disgraced him."[4]

We give below the resume of Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani's comments on him: "He was a liar, lied frequently, and a fabricator. He often slandered the scholars and the jurists of the past, used evil toungue, self-conceited, lacked insight in religious matters, and looked down upon religion. This has been reported from al-Hafiz Diya. He further says: Ali b. al-Hussain Abul Ali al- Isbahan narrated to me - it is enough to mention his name as an authority - when Ibn Dihya came to us in Isbahan, he stayed with my father in the hospice. He honoured and respected him very much. One day he came to my father with a carpet. He kissed it and placed it before him saying, "I offered such and such thousand rak'ahs of prayer on this carpet, and recited the whole Qur'an in the Ka'ba." He said: My father took it, kissed it, placed it on his head, and accepted it from him with a great pleasure. At the end of the day an inhabitant of Isbafian came and began to talk to us. During his conversation he said by chance: The faqih of Maghrib who is staying with you has purchased a beautiful carpet today for such and such a price. Therupon my father ordered to bring the carpet. Seeing it the man said, "Yes by Allah, this is the same." My father kept silent, and the eyes of Ibn Dihya fell down.[5]

1. Ahmad b. Muhammad el-Misry, el-Qawl el-Mu'tamad fi 'amal al-Mawlid

2. Al-Dhahabi, Duwal al-Islam, Vol.11 p.102

3. Ibn Kathir, al-Bidaya wa al-Nihaya, Vol.I3 pp.144-146

4. Ibid

[This message has been edited by Alpha1 (edited April 25, 2001).]

Comment

So Wasir bro - can we truely take from Abdul Khattab Umar b. Dihya's claim that this is what the Prophet (sas) really said? I think not.
                  Yes we should all learn the Qur'an and Hadeeth in order to gain the truth. If anyone were to say to me that there is an AUTHENTIC narration of our great Nabi the best of Allah's creation that he has ordered us to perform the Milad, then by Allah, I will do so.

Wasir - soch sahmalke jawab likhna - May Allah guide me and you.

Comment

By the way, the king you r talking about wasn't the first one to celebrate it, he became famous due to celebrating at that huge level. Also check the comments of the Ulimas of that time( few very big names, i leave it to you to find their names)they didn't only supported him, they also encouraged others to do so. And please don't go too deep.
                    Why don't you call innovation(Biddah) when millions of Muslims celebrate birthdays of their children(i know you r the one of them), why don't you call biddah when your family watches non-islamic programs on TV, everybody shaves their beards why don't you call it biddah, a long list of other things, which were never done by Prophet(peace be upon him and his family) are never condemned by any of your Ulimas, you don't call them Biddah.
                    My simple theory is that if we become happy with the birth of a baby in the family and never forget that day, why can't we do the same in Prophet's(peace be upon him and his family)case, who deserves more love than any relation in this world. why some people's faces turn dark when this month approaches.
                    And ask yourself these questions

Comment

And please don't go too deep....
                      Why don't you call innovation(Biddah) when millions of Muslims celebrate birthdays of their children(i know you r the one of them), ...My simple theory is that
                      We dont celibrate the birth of the Nabi (saw) as part of our religion because it is not part of our religion (see my other post).

Brother Wasir - I will examine the evidence that you bring forward to support Milaad, deep or shallow. Keep to the topic of discussion. Your support of the Milad is based upon your claimed narration (of Abu Dharda which Abdul Khattab has claimed) with which you have started this thread. Now you are going into Ijtihad (rational reasoning) to support your claims.
                      Al-Khattab's book is a fabrication and the same goes for any ulema of King Muzaffar.

Stick to the topic, we can discuss other Bidah's if you so please in other threads.

(by the was the title of Abdul-Khattab's book and the author's name you gave was incomplete and it took time to research them, please give the proper references next time inshAllah)

Comment

Also check the comments of the Ulimas of that time( few very big names, i leave it to you to find their names)
                        It is part of the manners of Islam for you to provide me with all sources and evidences in support of you claim (the milaad). Since it is your assertion (not mine) that it is a valid part of the deen it is your duty as a muslim to provide me with the evidence.

Less pouting and more grown-up discussion please Wasir.

Comment

o k
                          Read my most first post,
                          tell me do you accept it or deny it?
                          I didn't want to slip from the topic, its you who give a long lecture instead of talking something solid

Comment

Concerning the Hadith that the Prophet (sas) Performed Aqiqah After His Prophethood:

As-Suyutee said, "another primary text has occurred to me by which the legitimacy of the Mawlid can be derived, namely what is reported by al-Bayhaqee from Anas that ‘the Prophet (SAW) performed Aqeeqah for himself after his prophethood.’ And it occurs that his grandfather Abdul Muttalib performed the Aqeeqah for him when he was a child of seven years, and the aqeeqah is not repeated a second time. So therefore this is to taken to mean that what the Prophet (SAW) did was to openly manifest gratitude for Allaah making him the mercy for the universe and to legislate this for his ummah, just as he used to do by his sending salaam upon himself. Therefore it is recommended for us that we openly manifest gratitude for his birth." (‘Husnul Maqsad’ of as-Suyutee contained in his ‘Haawi lil Fataawi’)

These words were also quoted by the commentator to ‘al-Muwaahib al-Laduniyyah’ (1/140) - az-Zarkaanee.

The reply to this hadeeth:

When Imaam Maalik was asked about this hadeeth he replied, "do you see the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (SAW), for whom the aqeeqah was not performed in the days of Jaahiliyyah, performing Aqeeqah for themselves in Islaam? This is from the rejected (narrations)"

[quoted from him by ibn Rushd al-Maaliki in the ‘Book of Aqeeqah’ of his work ‘al-Muqaddamaat al-Mumahhadaat’ 2/15]

Abu Dawood said in his ‘Masaa’il Imaam Ahmad’ his work in which he reports from him, "I heard Ahmad….so Ahmad said, ‘Abdullaah bin Muharrar from Qataadah from Anas that ‘the Prophet (SAW) performed Aqeeqah for himself’. This hadeeth is munkar (rejected) due to the weakness of Abdullaah bin Muharrar’"

[This was report was also mentioned by ibn al-Qayyim in his ‘Zaad al-Ma’aad’ and ‘Tuhfatul Mawdood bi Ahkaamil Mawlood’ (pg.51)]

Ibn Hibbaan said in his ‘Kitaab al-Majrooheen’ (2/29) in the biography of Abdullaah bin Muharrar, "he reported from Qataadah from Anas that ‘the Prophet (SAW) performed Aqeeqah for himself after Allaah had sent him as a Prophet.’…he (ibn Muharrar) used to be from the best of the servants of Allaah, except that he was from those that would lie without knowing it, and reverse (the meanings) of the narrations without understanding…..Abu Ishaaq at-Taalaqaanee said, ‘I heard ibn al-Mubaarak saying: if I was given the choice of entering paradise or accuse Abdullaah ibn Muharrar. I would choose to accuse him and then enter Paradise. For when I saw him I found dung to be more beloved to me than him.’ [this report is also narrated by Imaam Muslim in the introduction to his saheeh]. I (ibn Hibbaan) heard ad-Daarimee saying, ‘I heard Yahyaa bin Ma’een saying: Abdullaah bin Muharrar is not trustworthy and precise (thiqah)’"

al-Bazzaar said, "….from Abdullaah bin Muharrar from Qataadah from Anas that the Prophet (SAW)….Abdullaah bin Muharrar was alone in reporting the hadeeth and he is severely weak, one would find written from him what is not found with other than him."

[‘Zawaa’id al-Bazzaar alaa Kutub as-Sitta’ in the chapter ‘Qadaa al-Aqeeqah’]

al-Bayhaqee said, "Abdullaah bin Muharrar reported a munkar (rejected) hadeeth concerning the Prophet’s performing Aqeeqah for himself …[quotes the hadeeth]…..Abdur Razzaaq said, ‘indeed they (scholars of hadeeth) abandoned Abdullaah bin Muharrar due to the state of this hadeeth and it is reported from another perspective from Qataadah and yet another perspective from Anas and it is nothing."

[‘Sunan al-Kubraa’ (9/300) of al-Bayhaqee. Chapter: ‘al-Aqeeqah Sunnah’]

This is the reference from which as-Suyutee quotes the hadeeth, yet it is strange that he did not quote the rest of al-Bayhaqee’s words.
                            an-Nawawee said, "as for the hadeeth that he -i.e. ash-Shayraazee - mentioned concerning the Prophet’s performing Aqeeqah for himself, then it was reported by al-Bayhaqee with his isnaad from Abdullaah bin Muharrar from Qataadah from Anas…[hadeeth]…and this hadeeth is false (baatil). Al-Bayhaqee said: this is a rejected hadeeth…(quoting previous words of Bayhaqee)….and Abdullaah ibn Muharrar is da’eef, being agreed upon to be so by the memorising scholars. He (Abdullaah ibn Muharrar) is abandoned."

[‘Majmoo’ Sharh Muhadhdhab’ (8/330) of an-Nawawee chpt: ‘Aqeeqah’]

al-Mizzi in his biography to Abdullaah ibn Muharrar endorses the above words of Abdul Razzaaq.

[‘Tahdheeb al-Kamaal’ of al-Mizzi]

adh-Dhahabee said during the course of presenting the biography of Abdullaah ibn Muharrar, "Ahmad said: the people have abandoned his hadeeth. Al-Jawzajaanee said: destroyed. Ad-Daaruqutnee and a group (of scholars) said: abandoned. Ibn Hibbaan said: he used to be from the best of the servants of Allaah except that he would lie without knowing it, and reverse (the meanings) of the narrations without understanding…." [‘Meezaan al-I’tidaal’ of adh-Dhahabee]
                            ibn Hajr al-Asqalaanee said, "his saying - i.e. ar-Raafi’ee - it is reported that he (SAW) performed Aqeeqah for himself after his prophethood by al-Bayhaqee from the hadeeth of Qataadah from Anas. He (ibn Hajr) said: it is munkar, it contains Abdullaah bin Muharrar and he is severely weak. Abdur Razzaaq said…[the words previously quoted]. I (ibn Hajr) say: as for the other perspective from Qataadah then I have not found it as a hadeeth of the Messenger (SAW), all that is reported is in this regards is that Qataadah used to pass rulings on this as related by ibn Abdul Barr. Rather al-Bazzaar and others were certain that Abdullaah bin Muharrar is alone in reporting this hadeeth from Qataadah. As for the other perspective still from Anas then it is reported by Abu ash-Shaykh in ‘al-Adaahee’ and ibn Ayman in his ‘Musannaf’ via the route of Abdullaah bin Muthnaa from Thamaamah bin Abdullaah bin Anas from his father. An-Nawawee said in ‘Sharh Muhadhdhab’: this hadeeth is false."

[‘Talkhees al-Habeer’ 4/147 of ibn Hajr chpt: ‘al-Aqeeqah’]

Likewise in Fath al-Baree he declares the hadeeth from all of it’s various perspectives to be da’eef.

[Sharh Baab Imaatatul Adha]

Therefore az-Zarqaanee in his ‘Sharh Muwaahib’ (1/140) follows up his quote by quoting the verdicts of ibn Hajr and an-Nawawee on this hadeeth and then saying, "therefore to use it to derive the legitimacy (of the Mawlid) is not correct."

[Taken from 'al-Qawl al-Fasl' of Shaykh Ismaa'eel al-Ansaaree with summary]
                            by Abu Rumaysah

Brothers, you claim you have proven that milad is ok in Islam, but claims do not matter what it comes to Islam and its authencity and authencity rests upon something which has seal of Prophet Mohammad(saw) on it.

Comment

Hadrat Abdullah ibn Abbas(radi Allahu anho) reported that one day at his home he was discussing with others the events of the birth of the Holy Prophet(sallallaho alaihi wasallam) and the listeners were enhanced by what they heard, they thanked Allah and sent Durood upon the Holy Prophet(sallallaho alaihi wasallam). At that time the Holy Prophet(sallallaho alaihi wasallam) came to them suddenly, and said to them:
                              “ My intercession for you is now assured.”

Comment

Working...
                              X