Is Working for Khilafat Fard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Working for Khilafat Fard?

Is it fard to work towards establishing an Islamic State?

We as muslims all understand that certain things have been made fard/obligatory for us to do by Allah. To pray salat for example, we all realize that to not perform salat would result in punishment. Some people say it is fard also to work towards establishing an Islamic state/Khilafah, some others say this is not so, and many muslims are not too knowledgable on the subject. This is understandable as Islam has become a secular religion for many of us, we are taught that as long as we pray and fast we are good muslims. While it is of course true that praying and fasting at particular times are fard, we cannot obey some of Allah's commands and ignore (or be ignorant of) others:

"Is it part of the Book that you take and do you reject the rest? But what will be the reward of those amongst you who behave like this except that you will be rewarded with disgrace in this life and a severe punishment in the Hereafter, and Allah is watching over all your actions" (TMQ 2:85)

So we must all ensure that we are aware of all actions which we have been obligated to perform.

So to find out if working towards Khilafah is fard, we must of course refer to our only source, the Quran and Sunnah. Nafi‘a reported saying:

"Umar said to me that he heard the Prophet (saw) saying: Whoso takes off his hand from allegiance to Allah (swt) will meet Him (swt) on the Day of Resurrection without having any proof for him, and whoso dies whilst there was no bay‘ah (allegiance or a pledge) on his neck (to a Khaleefah), he dies a death of jahilliyah."

This clearly states that it is compulsory for every muslim to have a bay'ah on his neck, and since this bay'ah is to the khalifa it must also be compulsory to have a khalifah to give bay'ah to.

Muslim reported on the authority of Abu Hazim, who said:

"I accompanied Abu Hurairah for five years and heard him talking of the Prophet’s saying: The Prophets ruled over the children of Israel, whenever a Prophet died another Prophet succeeded him, but there will be no Prophet after me. There will be Khulafa’a and they will number many. They asked: What then do you order us? He said: Fulfil the bay‘ah to them one after the other and give them their due. Surely Allah will ask them about what He entrusted them with."

Finally, after the death of the prophet (pbuh), though it haraam to delay the burial of the body the sahaba did just this, they delayed the burial for three days until they had appointed a new khalifah. This could only be because they agreed that the appointment of a khalifah was of more importance than the burial, ie was a higher obligation.

I would welcome any retorts/comments on this subject. If you agree then please share with us how you personally go about fulfilling this fard (perhaps to assist other brothers/sisters who wish to know how they should), if you dont agree please let us know why.

One thing we should all be able to agree on, this is a very important topic which everyone should have an opinion on one way or the other!

Yea i agree its a fardh, but it has been negelected by the majority of the muslims, which has much to do with the West portraying Islam only as a religion. Alahammdlilah more and more muslims are starting to find out that islam is not a religion like others but has its belief from which a system emantes to solve the problems of mankind.

Comment

Working...
    X