Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindness to Parents

Kindness to Parents
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Holy Prophet [s] said: "The pleasure of Allah lies in the pleasure of one's parents (in the case that it is right), and His wrath lies in their wrath."

Mustadrak-ul-Wasa'il-ush-Shi'ah, vol. 15, p. 176

Imam Sadiq [a] said: "The best deeds are: punctual prayer, kindness to parents, and contributing to the Holy War (against the pagans) in the path of Allah."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 74, p. 85

Imam Sadiq [a] said: "He who wishes Allah, Almighty and Glorious, to lighten the agonies of death, he should have regard for his kinship, and treat his parents with goodness. Then, when a person does so, Allah will make the agonies of death easy for him and he will not be stricken by poverty in his life at all."

Safinat-ul-Bihar, vol. 2, p. 553

Imam Sadiq [a] said: "He who glares at his parents with wrathful eyes, although they have been unjust to him, Allah will not accept his prayers (unless he repents)."

Usul-i-Kafi, vol. 2, p. 349

Imam Sadiq [a] said: "Do treat kindly your parents so that your children do the same to you; and be pious unto the wives of people so that your wives remain pious."

AI-Kafi, vol. 5, p. 554

Imam Sadiq [a] said: "Once a person came to the Prophet [s] and asked him about good treatment to parents. Then, he [s] said 'Treat kindly your mother, treat kindly your mother, and treat kindly your mother; be kind to your father, be kind to your father, and be kind to your father but begin (that kindness) with your mother before your father'."

Al-Kafi, vol. 2, p. 162

To add some more koranic references.

YUSUFALI: And remember We took a covenant from the Children of Israel (to this effect): Worship none but Allah; treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need; speak fair to the people; be steadfast in prayer; and practise regular charity. Then did ye turn back, except a few among you, and ye backslide (even now).
    YUSUFALI: It is prescribed, when death approaches any of you, if he leave any goods that he make a bequest to parents and next of kin, according to reasonable usage; this is due from the Allah-fearing.

SHAKIR: They ask you as to what they should spend. Say: Whatever wealth you spend, it is for the parents and the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, and whatever good you do, Allah surely knows it.

SHAKIR: And serve Allah and do not associate any thing with Him and be good to the parents and to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the neighbor of (your) kin and the alien neighbor, and the companion in a journey and the wayfarer and those whom your right hands possess; surely Allah does not love him who is proud, boastful;

SHAKIR: Say: Come I will recite what your Lord has forbidden to you-- (remember) that you do not associate anything with Him and show kindness to your parents, and do not slay your children for (fear of) poverty-- We provide for you and for them-- and do not draw nigh to indecencies, those of them which are apparent and those which are concealed, and do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden except for the requirements of justice; this He has enjoined you with that you may understand.

[b]017.023
    YUSUFALI: Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

[This message has been edited by analyze it (edited April 24, 2001).]

Comment

salam

thanks

let's keep up the positive energy

wasalam

Comment

These are all from Sahih Bukhari.

============================================

Volume 1, Book 10, Number 505:
        Narrated 'Abdullah:

I asked the Prophet "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents" I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, 'To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's cause." 'Abdullah added, "I asked only that much and if I had asked more, the Prophet would have told me more."
        ---------------------------------------------

Volume 3, Book 48, Number 821:
        Narrated Anas:

The Prophet was asked about the great sins He said, "They are:--

(1 ) To join others in worship with Allah,

(2) To be undutiful to one's parents.

(3) To kill a person (which Allah has forbidden to kill) (i.e. to commit the crime of murdering).

(4) And to give a false witness."
        ---------------------------------------------

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 41:

Narrated Abdullah bin Masud:

I asked Allah's Apostle, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the best deed?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is next in goodness?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents." I further asked, what is next in goodness?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's Cause." I did not ask Allah's Apostle anymore and if I had asked him more, he would have told me more.
        -------------------------------------------
        Volume 6, Book 60, Number 102:
        Narrated Ibn Abbas:

(In the Pre-Islamic Period ) the children used to inherit all the property but the parents used to inherit only through a will. So Allah cancelled that which He liked to cancel and put decreed that the share of a son was to be twice the share of a daughter, and for the parents one-sixth for each one of them, or one third, and for the wife one-eighth or one-fourth, and for the husband one-half, or one-fourth.
        Volume 8, Book 73, Number 1:

Narrated Al-Walid bin 'Aizar:

I heard Abi Amr 'Ash-Shaibani saying, "The owner of this house." he pointed to 'Abdullah's house, "said, 'I asked the Prophet 'Which deed is loved most by Allah?" He replied, 'To offer prayers at their early (very first) stated times.' " 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet said, "To be good and dutiful to one's parents," 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet said, To participate in Jihad for Allah's Cause." 'Abdullah added, "The Prophet narrated to me these three things, and if I had asked more, he would have told me more."

--------------------------------------------
        Volume 8, Book 73, Number 3:
        Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

A man said to the Prophet, "Shall I participate in Jihad?" The Prophet said, "Are your parents living?" The man said, "Yes." the Prophet said, "Do Jihad for their benefit."
        --------------------------------------------

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 4:
        Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

Allah's Apostle said. "It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents?" The Prophet said, "'The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother."
        Volume 8, Book 74, Number 290:
        Narrated Abu Bakr:

Allah's Apostle said, "Shall I inform you of the biggest of the great sins?" They said, "Yes, O Allah's Apostle!" He said, "To join partners in worship with Allah, and to be undutiful to one's parents. "

[This message has been edited by analyze it (edited April 25, 2001).]

Comment

Subhanallah how we are blessed with good parents (most of us). living in the west i just hear how they kick the children out of the house when they reach a certain age or that someone is abusing their parent!

Comment

Originally posted by analyze it:
            These are all from Sahih Bukhari.

============================================

Volume 1, Book 10, Number 505:
            Narrated 'Abdullah:

I asked the Prophet "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents" I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, 'To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's cause." 'Abdullah added, "I asked only that much and if I had asked more, the Prophet would have told me more."
            mashallah keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
            X