Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Are We Actually Rewarded For ?

SalamZ,

Imagine a person coming to a red traffic light in a car. He looks around and does not find any cop. So instead of waiting for the light to turn green, he just moves ahead carelessly and breaks the law. The reason he did that was only because he belived that there was no cop around to prosecute him.

The man on the next red light does the same. But this time there was a cop's car behind the bushes. The cop's car was apparently not visible. This man then broke the law again by moving on at red light. The reason was again the same because no authority was watching his actions. The cops chase him down and he gets fined for a huge amount of money and is put into trial in the court where he might atleast face imprisonment for 3 months.

It is similar to our faith. We Muslims believe in the un-seen. We believe that there is an Authority watching us and keeping full record of our deeds. From hour to hour and from minute to minute even what we do in a second is being recorded.

But do our actions reflect this belief? Do we have the concern for the consequences we would face for our deeds?

P.S. : Please also let us know what steps can we do to make this belief a part of our lives.

Jazak Allah Kheir

[This message has been edited by SalmanKhana (edited April 21, 2001).]

All we can is just BELIEF.

Comment

alright we have been asked to believe in it.

but its more than that. How do we make our believe stronger?

In our home, if we see our parents looking at us we dont do nothin n we pretend to be like angels, but when we are out and know that no one is lookin ... we kinda freak out....... but Allah is surely loooking.!!

question is. why are we not really aware about the fact that Allah is watching us ? ( aware as in why dont we believe while doing sins ? )

Jazak Allah Kheir

Comment

thats a good topic salman.
        and a very thoughtful n considerable question.
        why don't we have that belief that Allah is watchin' over us while we do sins.
        U mentioned that in front of our parents we act like angels but in the eyes of God or in front of Allah mian it's different. if u think about it we r not angels, if we acted that there wouldn't have created us because there wouldn't no difference between us n angels. Allah gave us freewill it's our choice how we deal with it, take advantage if we want. despite this Allah also layed guidelines for us through the quran, sunat n hadith so, HE can see how we'll act. It's our duty to perform the way Allah n the Prophet M (SAW) has told us to. it is an option to choose or not to. but if u don't u'll know that u'll have Allah to answer on the DOJ.
        hope thats a bit clear? ?
        Salaamz

Comment

salamz

thanx alot Bismah, May Allah Reward You Good for the good information you shared with us.

lemme rephrase it again to "Do we think Allah is watching us when we are doing sins ? "

Obviously if we believe that He is watching us we will not even do any sins because of His Fear , but we still do and how do we decrease the number of sins we do each day ? What steps can be taken?

batao plzzzzz .. let us all try to reduce doing bad deeds and replace them by doing good deeds !!

------------------
          Lm kH
          onT iMMiTTe, iNNoVT

Comment

Waleikum Aslaam brother,

very nice post. a great way to tell our ummah to rise up for islam and not listen to the whisperings of shaytaan.

Any way the way I do almost every action is by keeping in mind is that what ever I do is being watched by Allah(swt) and that angles are writting it down.

I have this really nice poem i would like to share with you. it is long but worth reading.
            ----------------------------
            ETERNAL INK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dreamt I was in heaven
            Where an angel kept Allah's book.
            He was writing so intently
            I just had to take a look.

It was not, at first, his writing
            That made me stop and think
            But the fluid in the bottle
            That was marked eternal ink.

This ink was most amazing,
            Dark black upon his blotter
            But as it touched the parchment
            It became as clear as water.

The angel kept on writing,
            But as quickly as a wink
            The words were disappearing
            With that strange eternal ink.

The angel took no notice,
            But kept writing on and on.
            He turned each page and filled it
            Till all its space was gone.

I thought he wrote to no avail,
            His efforts were so vain
            For he wrote a thousand pages
            That he'd never read again.

And as I watched and wondered that
            This awesome sight was mine,
            I actually saw a word stay black
            As it dried upon the line.

The angel wrote and I thought I saw
            A look of satisfaction.
            At last he had some print to show
            For all his earnest action.

A line or two dried dark and stayed
            As black as black can be,
            But strangely the next paragraph
            Became invisible to see.

The book was getting fuller,
            The angel's records true,
            But most of it was blank, with
            Just a few words coming through.

I knew there was some reason,
            But as hard as I could think,
            I couldn't grasp the significance
            Of that eternal ink.

The mystery burned within me,
            And I finally dared to ask
            The angel to explain to me
            Of his amazing task.

And what I heard was frightful
            As the angel turned his head.
            He looked directly at me,
            And this is what he said...

I know you stand and wonder
            At what my writing's worth
            But Allah has told me to record
            The lives of those on earth.

The book that I am filling
            Is an accurate account
            Of every word and action
            And to what they do amount.

And since you have been watching
            I must tell you what is true;
            The details of my journal
            Are the strict accounts of YOU.

The Lord asked me to watch you
            As each day you worked and played.
            I saw you as you went to the masjid,
            I saw you as you prayed.

But I was told to document
            Your life through all the week.
            I wrote when you were proud and bold,
            I wrote when you were meek.

I recorded all your attitudes
            Whether they were good or bad.
            I was sorry that I had to write
            The things that make Allah sad.

So now I'll tell the wonder
            Of this eternal ink,
            For the reason for its mystery
            Should make you stop and think.

This ink that Allah created
            To help me keep my journal
            Will only keep a record of
            Things that are eternal.

So much of life is wasted
            On things that matter not
            So instead of my erasing,
            Smudging ink and ugly blot.

I just keep writing faithfully and
            Let the ink do all the rest
            For it is able to decide
            What's useless and what's best.

And Allah ordained that as I write
            Of all you do and say
            Your deeds that count for nothing
            Will just disappear away.

When books are opened someday,
            As sure as heaven is true;
            The Lord's eternal ink will tell
            What mattered most to you.

If you just lived to please yourself
            The pages will be bare,
            And Allah will issue no reward
            For you when you get there.

In fact, you'll be embarrassed,
            You will hang your head in shame
            Because you did not give yourself
            In love to Allah's Name.

Yet maybe there will be a few
            Recorded lines that stayed
            That showed the times you truly cared,
            Sincerely loved and prayed.

But you will always wonder
            As you enter heaven's door
            How much more glad you would have been
            If only you'd done more.

For I record as Allah sees,
            I don't stop to even think
            Because the truth is written
            With Allah's eternal ink.

When I heard the angel's story
            I fell down and wept and cried
            For as yet I still was dreaming
            I hadn't really died.

And I said: O angel tell the Lord
            That soon as I awake
            I'll live my life for Allah-
            I'll do all for His dear sake.

I'll give in full surrender;
            I'll do all He wants me to;
            I'll turn my back on self and sin
            And whatever isn't true.

And though the way seems long and rough
            I promise to endure.
            I'm determined to pursue the things
            That are holy, clean and pure.

With Allah as my helper,
            I will win lost souls to Thee,
            For I know that they will live with Allah
            For all eternity.

And that's what really matters
            When my life on earth is gone
            That I will stand before the Lord
            And hear Him say, well done.

For is it really worth it
            As my life lies at the brink?
            And I realize that Allah keeps books
            With His eternal ink.

Should all my life be focused
            On things that turn to dust?
            From this point on I'll serve the Lord;
            I can, I will, I must!

I will NOT send blank pages
            Up to Allah's majestic throne
            For where that record's going now
            Is my eternal home.

I'm giving all to Allah
            I now have seen the link
            For I saw an angel write my life
            With Allah's eternal ink.
            -------------------------------------------

------------------
            *** La Ikraha Fid-Deen ****
            Let there be no compulsion in religion..2:256 Al Quran
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ****"That is because Allah is
            the (only) Reality, and because whatever else they invoke besides Him is
            Falsehood; and because Allah,- He is the Most High, Most Great". ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

hey this soooooo beautiful wat u wrote. thanx sooo much for sharing that with us.

hey i think this helps a lot it certainly helped me.

there... u learn sumthing new everyday hena?

Comment

Assalam-0-Elaikum:-

Momin Muslimah, that was very good poem. If a person realizes that the deeds will go to Allah back and one will be accountable for every single bit of life.. only then, I believe a person can start being 'a believer in the true sense' ..

Angels always do whatever Allah wants them to do. They never disobey Him. Subhanallah.

So what do we know about Angels ?

------------------
                Lm kH
                onT iMMiTTe, iNNoVT

Comment

The poem was beautiful, Jazakallah Khayre for the words, they really hit the heart!

Well, I think one way to ensure that whatever we do is right and is to please Allah is increase the Taqwa (fear) of Allah in our hearts and in our minds. We must have hope that the actions we do will be rewarded. Taqwa (fear) can be increased in many ways, the best way is by regularly READING & UNDERSTANDING the Quran and by constant Dhikr of Allah on our tongues. We will automatically find our hearts becoming warmer and more sympathetic and just like when someone is in love and they are thinking about someone, the love for our deen will arise so that everything we think about will be for Allah.

Our Taqwa increases when the people around us have higher Taqwa than us, if we are in good company of our brothers and sisters then it acts as a safety net against shameful acts and also increases the rate of learning our deen.

Inshallah, I pray that all of us build up this relationship of fear and hope to solely please Allah swt and that We may be successful on the day of judgement.

Angels! I believe one of the Aqeedah's of a muslim are to believe in the creation of Allah known as the angels. Did you know that Allah swt has assigned 3 angels to every person, two for recording and one to encourage the person to do good deeds. A few angels have been named in the Quran and their roles mentioned.

One that amazes me is Israfeel, the angel who will blow the trumpet on the day of judgement. The angel has been waiting with the trumpet to his lips for Allah to give the signal, the first horn will destroy everything and the second horn will Inshallah bring everything back to life again.

Another angel widely mention is Gibreel (AH) who has been conveying the message of Allah to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

The angels who will come to question us in our graves, Munkar and Naakir, are also mentioned in hadith.

There are so many more....

Aleikum Salaam.

Comment

The poem was beautiful, Jazakallah Khayre for the words, they really hit the heart!

Well, I think one way to ensure that whatever we do is right and is to please Allah is increase the Taqwa (fear) of Allah in our hearts and in our minds. We must have hope that the actions we do will be rewarded. Taqwa (fear) can be increased in many ways, the best way is by regularly READING & UNDERSTANDING the Quran and by constant Dhikr of Allah on our tongues. We will automatically find our hearts becoming warmer and more sympathetic and just like when someone is in love and they are thinking about someone, the love for our deen will arise so that everything we think about will be for Allah.

Our Taqwa increases when the people around us have higher Taqwa than us, if we are in good company of our brothers and sisters then it acts as a safety net against shameful acts and also increases the rate of learning our deen.
                    Originally posted by mushi:

Inshallah, I pray that all of us build up this relationship of fear and hope to solely please Allah swt and that We may be successful on the day of judgement..
                    Ameen
                    Originally posted by mushi:

Angels! I believe one of the Aqeedah's of a muslim are to believe in the creation of Allah known as the angels. Did you know that Allah swt has assigned 3 angels to every person, two for recording and one to encourage the person to do good deeds. A few angels have been named in the Quran and their roles mentioned.

One that amazes me is Israfeel, the angel who will blow the trumpet on the day of judgement. The angel has been waiting with the trumpet to his lips for Allah to give the signal, the first horn will destroy everything and the second horn will Inshallah bring everything back to life again.

Another angel widely mention is Gibreel (AH) who has been conveying the message of Allah to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

The angels who will come to question us in our graves, Munkar and Naakir, are also mentioned in hadith.

There are so many more....

Aleikum Salaam.
                    Great knowledge you shared brother, Jazak Allah Khair.

------------------
                    *** La Ikraha Fid-Deen ****
                    Let there be no compulsion in religion..2:256 Al Quran
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ****"That is because Allah is
                    the (only) Reality, and because whatever else they invoke besides Him is
                    Falsehood; and because Allah,- He is the Most High, Most Great". ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I think that it is a question of how strong your belief is. If your belief is based on, for example, what your parents have told you, this will be weak. If you have looked around at creation and used the intelligence Allah (swt) has given you to come to the conclusion that there must be a Creator, then your belief will be much stronger.

Also, we must remember Allah in every action we do, then we will always be thinking of the consequences of our actions. Living under the rule of kuffar as we do, this is made much more difficult. Under a Khilafah state, all citizens would be encouraged to remember Allah at all times, hence people would think about their actions and would therefore strive harder to please Allah (swt).

Comment

salamz

ORiginally posted by YasirH
                        I think that it is a question of how strong your belief is. If your belief is based on, for example, what your parents have told you, this will be weak. If you have looked around at creation and used the intelligence Allah (swt) has given you to come to the conclusion that there must be a Creator, then your belief will be much stronger.

yeah thats kinda true.. herez one example ! It might be kinda ...... but i only have this example

My dad told me not to talk in the bathroom. I was wondering why the heck we cannot talk in the bathroom. that is also just a room

I used to wonder alot but still i didnt take enough care not to talk in the bathroom .

So after a long time, I grew up and then started going to mosques and then to dars. One day the imam told us this hadeeth. I am saying similar to it :-

The 2 angels who record the deeds are always with you except when 3 times they leave you.
                        1. When you go to the bathroom.
                        2. When one hubby and wife gets together.
                        3. When you sleep.

Then he mentioned that when a person talks in the bathroom, the angels have to come in and record it (as they have been ordered by Allah to record everything) and it is very very unpleasent for them and they feel very bad. Therefore when the angels feel this way, Allah gets very angry. So it was at that time I realized why we dont talk in the bathroom. Because we dont want to make Allah really angry at us. In Addition to it other imams also mentioned that some scholars who always used to recite Quran and remember Allah, used to bite their tongue when they went to bathrooms in the fear that they would recite anything inside the bathroom which they never want to.

So when i got the real logic, I understood what my dad told me ages back and I started implementing it in my life.

Any other personal experiences anyone ?

------------------
                        Lm kH
                        onT iMMiTTe, iNNoVT

Comment

WOW Salman that is a great example

thank you soo much for sharing that
                          May Allah (s.w.t.) Bless you Ameen

Jezaak Allaah Kheir

------------------
                          Herem aik, Khuda aik, Nabi aik, Quran bhi aik
                          Kya Kuch berhi baat thi, hotey agher muselmaan bhi aik :rotato:

Comment

Working...
                          X