Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamic Culture

Assalaamu Aleikum Brothers and Sisters,

Yes islamic Culture is very important. Most of use go by our National culture. As Muslims we must be engrained with the culture of Islam, and no other culture. The prophet (saaw) cultured the sahaabaas with the correct islamic ideas, which resulted in the best generation in our history. It is true that the sahaabaas= had the Prophet (saaw) to teach them, but the message of Islam did not die with him. Thus, we the Ummah of Mohammad (saaw) must also culture ourselves with the correct Islamic ideas that the Prophtet (saaw) brought to us through the Qur'an and Sunnah so that we also hold strong to our Deen.

Wassalaam o Rehmat

------------------
    Herem aik, Khuda aik, Nabi aik, Quran bhi aik
    Kya Kuch berhi baat thi, hotey agher muselmaan bhi aik :rotato:

true true.

Islam is a way of life !

there are lots of ppl who go about their national culture and dont even care about what Allah sayz. I feel sorry for them

Nothing can be said but Dua !

------------------
    Those who believed (in the Oneness of Allaah Islamic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allaah verily, in the remembrance of Allaah do hearts find rest

[al-Rad 13:28]

Comment

I am not trying to pick up a fight on you Salman, although it seems so. I am not gonna say that you are wrong or anything, and it is always nice to talk to you.

"Islam is a way of life", I hear that a lot, but I do not know what it means. Islam provides a set of moral and ethical values as does any other legislature in the world.
      What you do between Zuhr and Asar for instance, Islam has nothing to do that. You can live your life anyway, and do whatever you want, Islam just provides the limits for our behaviour.

Regards,
      Omer

Comment

Aslamo alaikum all
        This is a very nice topic Ms.Pakistani

Originally posted by oiqbal:

"Islam is a way of life", I hear that a lot, but I do not know what it means. Islam provides a set of moral and ethical values as does any other legislature in the world.
        What you do between Zuhr and Asar for instance, Islam has nothing to do that. You can live your life anyway, and do whatever you want, Islam just provides the limits for our behaviour.

Regards,
        Omer
        Ok Islam Is a way of life---> This means that Islam not only teaches how to Worship Allah, &(like u said) Provides us w/ the limits for our behaviour BUT it ALSO teaches us How To LIVE..that's y it is a way of life
        Ok Let's c now..for ie.
        1) how we make wu'zu
        2) We read a du'a in everything we do
        3) We remember Allah in evevrything We DO
        4) ands for Allah's pleasure we do all things
        5) it's a way of life..b/c it treaches us to do some things and forbids us from doing wrong things
        And All the problems in this world..that will NEvER have a solution..ONLY and ONLY Islam has the answer to them

Allah s.w.t. send prophets to this world to give an example to us ..and how to live

The parting words of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s) were: I leave behind me two things. If you hold on to them you will never go astray: the book of Allah and my sunnah (example or way of life). Yet, around the world today there is widespread ignorance of the Qur'an and its guidance. And, instead of imitating the Prophet (s), so many are consciously or unconsciously imitating the dominant western godless materialist civilization
        That civilization sees with only one eye, - the external eye. It is so manifestly blind in the other eye, - the internal eye, that its blindness can be discerned from a distance, - the way a blind eye which looks like a bulging grape can be discerned from a distance.

Most of mankind today are consciously imitating modern western civilization, or are being deceived into doing so. As a consequence, most of mankind today see with only one eye; they are spiritually blind, and are easily deceived. The tragedy which we face is that most Muslims are falling into the same trap and are losing their faith. Indeed most of our religious scholars seem to be no different.

anyways, i tried my best to answer ur Q..hope it helps
        wasllaam

[This message has been edited by Uzee (edited April 15, 2001).]

Comment

------------------

::: - Khd K K lN TN.. K HR TQ Phl.. KH d Khd Ph... t- TR Rz K H - :::

Comment

Our problem seems to be one of confusing Arabic and Arabian culture with the islamic culture also. That's harder to separate for us than the Paksitani culture...

Comment

What gets my goat is when some muslims insist that Arabic culture is a part of Islam and those aspects of it are the only things allowed in Islam

Comment

salaamz! i like this topic!
                well stifled... i haven't heard ppl say that arabic culture is similiar to Islamic or is a part of it. but as much as i know at the moment arabians are totally like westerners, they drink, treat their women bad. their women dress up as western women that it is hard to tell the difference. i was surprised wen i visited the arabian country. However, there is a exception of some arabians who still r Godfearing but the rest r more or less like the way they were before Prophet MOhammad's (SAW) time. I have been questioned so many times that where ur religion originates ppl r not the same as u or don't act as the same way towards ur religion so why r u so strict about ur belief? Although i try to answer but i don't think they understand cos they'll say i have lived in that country or i know n it gets hard to answer.
                hope u understand wat i mean.
                Salaam!

Comment

Salamz,

Let me go in order.

Thank you very much Uzzi for making my life easier and answering oiqbal.

Islam is a Way of Life, the way of life part refers to the Quran and Sunnah of Prophet pbuh. And Allah says in Quran similar that the best example for us is of the Prophet MOhammed pbuh.

Arabic Culture.

I was born in Bahrain (ARabian Gulf) and lived there for a long time before I moved to the US.

The arab culture is not islamic culture. You come to Bahrain and just drop by at any mall there. You will see the only thing going on is guys and girls flirting with each other.

The economy of Bahrain is running on Hotels, night clubs, drinks, and the Saudi people who come on weekends to enjoy their life and have fun in Bahrain and do all kind of Sins.

There are always good people and bad people everywhere.

For questions about culture and how to deal with things we should always refer to the Quran and the Sunnah if we dont want to be losers.

MAy Allah reward me and us all for participating in good talks. Ameen

ws'salamz

------------------
                  Lm kH
                  onT iMMiTTe, iNNoVT

Comment

Thanx for all that salman.
                    it was helpful, at least i aint the only one now who doesn't think arabic culture isn't Islamic.

-------------------------------
                    Phir be dil hai Pakistani.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oiqbal:

Not here to argue but clarify the issue, islam is not just a set of moral and ethical values but has its own system of life i.e it tells you what and how to something.Islam came to define 3 relationships in life:

(1) The relationship between man and his Creater (eg how does man worship the Creator)

(2) Mans relationship with himself (eg what he eats, how he dreeses,how he cleans himself etc,how to have sex etc)

(3) Mans relationship with others i.e how one behaves in societal transactions (eg what type of business he can run, how he treats ones neighbour, how one treats their enenmy, how to deal with crimnals, how to educate people, how to look after the affairs of people etc)

So from this it is clear that Islam has aqeedah from which a system emantes, which solves the problems of mankind.

Unfortunatley today muslims are told that islam is merely a relgion or just a set of ethics and morals, they are told that islam has no part in society and in looking after the affairs of mankind. So therefore falsely proclaiming that islam has no economic system
                      no socaial system,no education system,no judicaryical system, no forign policy,no ruling system etc.

Allhumdililah,more and more muslim now know the true meaning of islam and finding out about their Deen.

[This message has been edited by mean machine naseem (edited April 24, 2001).]

Comment

as-salaamu alaikum,

most muslims, unfortunately, have adopted a certain culture to supercede their religion. and what's worse is when they confuse culture with religion and think it to be religion when its not (innovation/bid'a).

so i leave you with one thought. if u strive towards the way of Allah, and you retain fear and love for Him, inshAllah, you will see the meaning of La 'illaha ilalah Muhammadur Rasoolalah within everything.

-mehndi.

it is towards the faith, that we must return to.

Comment

Working...
                        X