Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice to those who do not recognize the Salafi scholars and call them Wahhaabis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice to those who do not recognize the Salafi scholars and call them Wahhaabis

Praise be to Allah.

Please do care to read these two questions and their answers respectively. I believe they will help us.

Question:

what do you say to those who do not acknowledge (for whatever reason) the scholars of today such as shaikh Uthaymeen, shaykh bin Baaz raheemahullah, shaykh Al-Albaani raheemahullah? a few call them wahabi and say that these scholars follow a new sect rather than the universal deen of al-Islam that was followed by all the major scholars of the past.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The Muslim is obliged to accept the teachings of Islam, and act upon them. When he hears of some word or deed which is based on evidence (daleel) from the Qur’aan or Sunnah, then he has to accept it and give it priority over anything else. He should check what people say against the evidence of sharee’ah, and only accept those views which are in accordance with that evidence. It is known that Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Al-Wahhaab (may Allaah have mercy on him) called people to Tawheed and he wrote his famous book on that topic which is called Kitaab al-Tawheed. In this book he limited himself to quoting only the clear evidence from the verses of the Qur’aan and the saheeh ahaadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Commentaries on this book were written by his grandson ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Hasan and other scholars. Hence none of his opponents can refute this book or claim that his evidence is false. They fabricated lies and believed them, so they believed that he was misguided. They gave the same label to the scholars of the Muslims such as Shaykh Ibn Baaz and Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on them both). It is known that the shaykhs whom we have mentioned did not deviate from the correct view with regard to beliefs and actions; they followed the same path as the Sahaabah and Taabi’een, the four imaams, the authors of the Six Books and others. Those who do not acknowledge them do that either out of ignorance, blind imitation of others, jealousy, stubbornness or following their own whims and desires, or adherence to traditions, bid’ah (innovation) and evil actions that go against the evidence (of sharee’ah). Earlier and later scholars have proven such people to be wrong. So we must follow the evidence and give it priority over the views of all people.

Shaykh Ibn Jibreen (www.islam-qa.com) http://216.205.122.233/index.php?ln=...rowse&QR=12203

------------------
    ˛şşą§âLmăń kHäń™»
    ĐonT iMMiTăTe, iNNoVăTë ®

Question:

I have recently come to islam and people have told me to stay away from wahabis, who are they and wht do they preech?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is obligatory upon the Muslim to follow the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), according to the way of the righteous salaf who followed the guidance of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), the Sahaabah and those who followed them – may Allaah be pleased with them all. These people are called Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah (the People of the Sunnah and the Community). Everyone who follows the way brought by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of them. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought the message of Tawheed (absolute Oneness of Allaah) and rejection of shirk (polytheism, or association of others with Allaah); he called people to worship Allaah alone and none other. With regard to the word “Wahhaabis”, some people use this word to refer to the message of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab ibn Sulaymaan al-Tameemi al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him), and they call him and his followers Wahhaabis. Everyone who has any knowledge of the movement of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab (may Allaah have mercy on him) and his message knows that he sought to spread the message of pure Tawheed and to warn against shirk in all its forms, such as attachment to the dead, or to trees and rocks, etc. In his ‘aqeedah (belief), he was following the way of the righteous Salaf and the Taabi’een [i.e., the earliest generations of Islam], as is indicated by his books and fatwas, and the books of his followers among his sons and grandsons and others. All of these books are in print and are in circulation among the people. His message was in accordance with the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Wahhaabism is not a new way or a new school of thought; rather it is a call to Tawheed and the revival of aspects of the religion that had been forgotten. What you have to do is to beware of those who warn you against the Wahhaabis, because they are warning you against following the truth and the early generation of this ummah. Applying the word “Wahhaabis” to those who adhere to correct belief and warning people against them is the way of the ignorant and biased. We ask Allaah to keep you safe and sound.

See Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), 3/1206; see also Question # 12203. And Allaah knows best/

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)
    http://216.205.122.233/index.php?ln=...rowse&QR=10867

ws'salamz

------------------
    ˛şşą§âLmăń kHäń™»

Comment

Salamz

Please read the above carefully.

Someone just asked me the question, What is Salaaf?

The answer is there in the above post if you read carefully. Here ...

the righteous Salaf and the Taabi’een [i.e., the earliest generations of Islam],

they are the early generations of Islam, Companions of Prophet pbuh, Their Tabe`een, and their later generations who followed the Sunnah strongly in their lives.

ws'salamz

Comment

Yes the SALAF were the blessed first three generations of Muslims.

but SALAFIS are a new group which DID NOT EXIST before the 18th century and was founded by a heretic called Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahaab al Najdi. This person was condemned in his own lifetime by scholars from all over the Muslim world and even by his OWN BROTHER the venerable Shaykh Suleimaan ibn Abdul Wahaab.

BTW you quoted a Wahabi to prove that Wahabis are correct!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asif:
          Yes the SALAF were the blessed first three generations of Muslims.

but SALAFIS are a new group which DID NOT EXIST before the 18th century and was founded by a heretic called Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahaab al Najdi. This person was condemned in his own lifetime by scholars from all over the Muslim world and even by his OWN BROTHER the venerable Shaykh Suleimaan ibn Abdul Wahaab.

BTW you quoted a Wahabi to prove that Wahabis are correct!!

No, I quoted the fatwah's of the MUFTI's of Islamic world. If you only knew who Ibn Ba`az was. !!

The people who follow the Salaf are called Salafis. If you prove to me that the fatwah's are wrong, I will accept it!! go ahead. I am ready to accept the truth. Where is your evidence?

Comment

Salafis CLAIM to follow the Salaf but as I said they are a relatively new movement in Islam which did not exist before the 18th century.

Please seehttp://www.masud.co.uk/
            and the article "Who or what is a Salafi?
            Is their approach valid?
            (c) Nuh Ha Mim Keller (1995)'

and http://www.hizmetbooks.org/Advice_fo...lim/wah-36.htm

and -37.htm etc.
            http://www.hizmetbooks.org/Belief_and_Islam/bsalafy.htm

that will be sufficient if you are open minded insha Allah

may Allah guide us all .ameen

Comment

We DO know who ibn baaz was. He justified the presence of American troops on Muslim land.

Comment

Originally posted by Asif:
                Salafis CLAIM to follow the Salaf but as I said they are a relatively new movement in Islam which did not exist before the 18th century.

Please seehttp://www.masud.co.uk/
                and the article "Who or what is a Salafi?
                Is their approach valid?
                (c) Nuh Ha Mim Keller (1995)'

and http://www.hizmetbooks.org/Advice_fo...lim/wah-36.htm

and -37.htm etc.
                http://www.hizmetbooks.org/Belief_and_Islam/bsalafy.htm

that will be sufficient if you are open minded insha Allah

may Allah guide us all .ameen

Did i forget to mention ... i need true evidences and facts to change my belief. These websites are just 'stories' !!!

If you give me any true proof that Salafi's are going against the Quran and Sunnah, I am ready to listen and to follow that.

Salafi's are the only people who are following Quran and Sunnah strictly.

Please brothers and sisters read the above mentioned fatwah's and go to their sources listed and question for any doubts that you have. I believe you will be fully convinced that people who are blamed to be Wahabi's are the people who dont do the biggest sin of Shirk.

I say it again, prove to me one single authentic Hadeeth atleast that Salafi's are denying and not following . For God sake prove it. Let me follow the truth.

------------------
                ˛şşą§âLmăń kHäń™»

Comment

Working...
                X