Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wounds of a sword may heal one day, But the wounds of the tongue - they never may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello hello
    replied
    Originally posted by SalmanKhana:

salamz
    mushi bhai.. this was a very informative post. The tongue does make a lot of differnce if used in a good way or a wrong way.
    May Allah reward you good for your efforts and make us use our Tongue properly.
    Ameen
    =============================================
    Now a quote from salman khanam from another thread khud aa:
    "ok that was good but r u a sunni or a shia ??????? i really wanna know
    cuz i dont care for shia ppl therefore if ur one of them lemme know in advance."
    =============================================

I guess he is saying do as I say not as I do. hmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• Momin*Muslimah
    replied
    Assalaamu Aleikum,

May peace and blessing of Allah (swt) be upon you

Jazak Allah Khair brother Mushi. Indeed very informative and how less ppl seek for the truth. Can't you tell when there is a good topic like this not many replies and vise versa.

In Quran it also states
    Al Muslemo Men Saleimen Musleimoona
    Mi-lleisaanei-hee wa-yadei hee.
    translation:
    Muselmaan wo hei jis key zubaan aur haath se doosra muselmaan mehfooz rehei

Fe Aman Allah

------------------
    *** La Ikraha Fid-Deen ****
    Let there be no compulsion in religion..2:256 Al Quran
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ****"That is because Allah is
    the (only) Reality, and because whatever else they invoke besides Him is
    Falsehood; and because Allah,- He is the Most High, Most Great". ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    salamz

mushi bhai.. this was a very informative post. The tongue does make a lot of differnce if used in a good way or a wrong way.

May Allah reward you good for your efforts and make us use our Tongue properly.

Ameen

Leave a comment:

• mushi
    replied
    Thanks for sharing! The truth is always universally shared between any community on earth. Let the tongue only speak the truth.

Leave a comment:

• kumarakn
    replied
    Thirukural - A book of Tamil (Hindu literature) written about 100 AD says similar things.

Speaking Pleasant Words

Verse 91 Pleasant words are those which, full of tenderness And free from deceit, fall from the lips of virtuous men.

Verse 92 Better than a gift given with a joyous heart Are sweet words spoken with a cheerful smile.

Verse 93 A kindly countenance and sweet words Spoken from the heart-these are virtue's way.

Verse 94 Poverty-provoking sorrow will not pursue Those who speak joy-producing words to all they meet.

Verse 95 Humility and pleasant words are the jewels That adorn a man; there are none other.

Verse 96 If a man seeks good works while speaking sweet words, His virtues will wax and his vices wane.

Verse 97 Words yield spiritual rewards and moral excellence When they do not wander far from usefulness and agreeableness

Verse 98 Sweet speech which is stranger to pettiness inparts pleasure Not only in this life, but in the next.

Verse 99 Why would anyone speak cruel words, Having observed the happiness that kind words confer?

Verse 100 To utter harsh words when sweet ones would serve Is like eating unripe fruit when ripe ones are at hand.

Wounds from fire may heal in time, but heal not the words that hurt one's heart.

Leave a comment:

• The wounds of a sword may heal one day, But the wounds of the tongue - they never may

The following around beautiful hadeeth about safeguarding the Tongue and its importance in our lives and in our Islam:

Rasoolullaah PBUH said: When the son of Aadam gets up in the morning all the limbs humble themselves before the tongue and say: Have taqwa of Allaah for our sake, for we are dependant on you, If you are straight/upright, we are straight and If you are crooked, we are crooked.

Hasan - narrated by at-Tirmidhee, lbn Khuzaymah and Ibn Hibbaan from Abu Sa'eed al-Khudree marfoo'aan and authenticated by al-Albaanee in (( Saheeh ul-Jaami')) [351]

Rasoolullaah PBUH said: If anyone guarantees me what s between his jaws and between his legs, I shall guarantee him Jannah

Saheeh - narrated by al-Bukhaaree from Sahl lbn Sa'd marfoo'aan

He (PBUH) was asked as to what thing brings people into al-Jannah the most and he said: Taqwaa of Allaah and good character. Then he was asked as to what thing brings people into the Fire the most and he said : The mouth and the private-parts.

Hasan lsnaad - narratated by at-Tirmidhee [20041. Ibn Maajah [42461, Ahmad 12/29 1, 392, 4421, Ibin Hibbaan [ 1923 - al-Mawaarid], al- Baghawee In ((Shah us-Sunnah )) 113179-801 and others, and It was authenticated by al Albaanee in (( as-Saheehah )) [977] - from Abu Hurayrah marfoo'aan.

In a lengthy hadeeth, the Rasoolullaah PBUH said:

Shall I not tell you about the peak of the matter, Its pillar and Its top-most part. I said: Yes 0 Rasoolullaah. He said: The peak of the matter Is Islaam,, the pillar Is salaah; and Its top-most part is Jihaad. Then he said: Shall I not tell you of the controlling of all that? I said: Yes 0 Rasoolullaah, and he took hold of his tongue and said: Restrain this. I said: 0 Nabee of Allaah, will what we say be held against us ? He said : May your mother be berieved of you, 0 Mu'aadh ! Is there anything which topples people on their faces - or he said : On their noses - Into Hell-Fire other than the harvests of their tongues

Saheeh - narrated by at-Tirmidhee 121 101, Ibn Maajah (39731 and Ahmad 15/23 11 from Mu'aadh - and the isnaad is hasan as al Albaanee says in ((al-'Irwaa')) [413]

O Rasoolullaah! Inform me of something which I may hold fast to? He (PBUH) said:

Say ! My Rabb Is Allaah and therafter be upright I said : 0 Rasoolullaah I What is the thing that you fear most for me ? He took hold of his tongue and said : This !

Saheeh - narrated by at- Tirmidhee 11965]. Ibn Maajah [39721 and Ahmad [3/4131 from Sufyaan ibn 'Abdullaah ath-Thaqafee

Rasoolullaah PBUH said: Most of the sins of the Children of Aadam are from his tongue

Saheeh - narrated by at-Tabaraane 13/87/1-21, Abu'sh - Shaykh 12/101 and lbn 'Asaakir (11389/151 and authenticated in ((as-Saheeah)) [534]

Rasoolullaah PBUH said: There Is not a part of the body except that It complains to Allaah because of the tongue - due to its haste / rashness

Saheeh - narrated by Abu Ya'laa (( Musnad )) [1/41. Ibn as-Sunnee [71. Ibn Abee'd-Dunyaa in ((al-Warr')) [Q.2/1651, Abu Nu'aym [209/1-2] and al-Bayhaqee in (( ash-Shub )) [2/65/91 see al-Albaanee's (( as-Saheehah )) [535]
Working...
X