Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chirstmas Donations

Salam everyone.
    The local library has set up donation boxes for the needy kids for Xmas. Poeple are invited to donate books, toys etc.
    Is it orite as a Muslim to donate to this cause? I use the library alot for research for my college studys and I watn to say thanks. So, is it ok islamicaly to donate to a Xmas cause?

Re: Chirstmas Donations

Thankyou for replies peeps

Comment

You should donate for anyone who is needy despite of their religion. Our Prophet pbuh him helped people of other faiths in every possible way he could.
      May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
      Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
      Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Also you con't have to donate books on cristmas, you can donate books on any thing. It is ok to make donation on christmas.
        May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
        Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
        Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

from my understanding.

christmas is just solely excuse to gather donations for general use then its ok

if the donations are being used for the purpose of celebrating christmas, then its not (if the use of donations is tied to a religious belief then its not)

Comment

I donate.

I was the secretary of our MSA and I used to do food and clothing drives every year. Non-Muslims donated all the time.

I dont see how being Christian changes the neediness of a person. If a Christian refused to help a Muslim, we say how prejudiced they are against Muslims.

Why are we going to do the same thing?

Donate knowing your money, food, clothing, etc will benefit a child or a family.
            Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
            X