Hajj and Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hajj and Money

I do not understand why so many people go to haj when pakistan is poor country. People who are going to haj can give their money for the education of Pakistanis. what would be wrong if they do that? Can some one please explain me.

Re: Hajj and Money

It might have something to do with the fact that Hajj is farz.
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

good answer Psquared

Comment

there r so many in pakistan who r dying of hunger....
        before educating them we shud think of feeding them....
        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

What PSquared said. I've heard many people say the same type of thing here, that why don't we give money for other good causes instead of going for Hajj. Then I see that these people have many other luxuries. They don't think about it when acquiring their own luxuries (not necessities) but when it comes to a fardh commandment, then they make these lame excuses.

Comment

I do not understand why so many people go to haj when pakistan is poor country. People who are going to haj can give their money for the education of Pakistanis. what would be wrong if they do that? Can some one please explain me.
            Do you mean people who are going for Hajj for the first time, or people who have gone multiple times for Hajj and Umrah? For people who have never gone, they are going because they need to fulfill their religious obligations. For people who keep going over and over again, who knows, maybe they do also give lots and lots of money in sadaqa to poor people......and maybe when they are on Hajj they make lots of dua for the poor people too! We shouldnt judge them

Comment

Originally posted by Kinnare View Post
              Poor people also want to go for haj.

Bulk of people who go for hajj belong to middle class and lower middle class group, they save money for many years.

There are few people who go for hajj multiple times, these people also give quite alot in charity.

Education has a very low priority in human needs ( for extremely poor people) they need :

Food
              Shelter
              Healthcare
              peace and then education.

If a person is hungry and wants bread then you can offer him ice cream

offereing them education without addressing more basic needs is just like offereing them ice cream instead of bread
              Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Originally posted by armughal View Post
                there r so many in pakistan who r dying of hunger....
                before educating them we shud think of feeding them....
                That statement is not correct but relative

There are so many pakistanis who die due to lack of basic healthcare facilities , abject povery and natural calamaties
                Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Working...
                X