Is Fanta...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Fanta...

orange/fanta orange zero Halal? was just wondering because i heard it contains fish gelatine what about lilt/lilt zero, this was my all time fav drinkk n now im so put off it......

p.s-minutemaid orange n passion fruit and schweppes Slimline Orange Crush,Schweppes Deuce no added sugar Orange & Guava is also not suitable for vegetarians.

please b kind enough to help me out in this situation
    They said: “Glory be to You! We have no knowledge except what You have taught us. You are the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.” ( Surat al-Baqara, 2:32)

Re: Is Fanta...

If its fish gelatin then its halal.

Comment

you can check out here GMWA Foodguide
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

fish gelatine = halal... duh, ,,

dead fish is halal (even if it is already dead before fishing... some strange guy mentioned to me some time ago that oh fish is not halal because you do not know if its already dead or not....maita (dead meat) of the sea is halal)

Another rumor going around is it contains alcohol.

yes ALL FRUIT JUICES produce the chemical which in chemistry belong to the alcohol group of chemicals which is not the same as alcohol used for intoxication. (Otherwise there will be problem binge juice drinking instead of "binge (alcohol) drinking" in the west... think about it, its common sense)

Comment

Originally posted by Umarumar01 View Post
          fish gelatine = halal... duh, ,,

dead fish is halal (even if it is already dead before fishing... some strange guy mentioned to me some time ago that oh fish is not halal because you do not know if its already dead or not....maita (dead meat) of the sea is halal)
          i think you have to explain a bit more here, fish that is dead and is in water cannot be consumed....

Originally posted by Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam (Fiqh of Halal and Haram Animals)
          As far as the fish which dies naturally in the sea without an external cause (samak al-tafi) is concerned, Sayyiduna Jabir ibn Abd Allah (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: What the sea throws up and is left by the tide you may eat, but what dies in the sea and floats you must not eat. (Sunan Abu Dawud, no: 3809 & Sunan Ibn Majah)

Sayyiduna Ali (Allah be pleased with him) forbade the selling of naturally dead fish (floating fish) in the markets. (Badai al-Sanai, 5/36 and al-Ikhtiyar)

In light of the above, all sea-animals are Haram except for fish. It will be permitted to eat a fish even without slaughtering it according to the rules of Shariah. However, a fish that dies naturally without an external cause and begins to float on the surface of the water (Samak al-Tafi) is also considered Haram.
          http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=3893&CATE=107
          And never take those killed in the way of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive, with their Lord, well-provided, happy with what Allah has given them of His grace [Al-Imran, v169]

Comment

JazakAllah cricketplayer bhai
            mods can now lock this thread
            They said: “Glory be to You! We have no knowledge except what You have taught us. You are the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.” ( Surat al-Baqara, 2:32)

Comment

i think you have to explain a bit more here, fish that is dead and is in water cannot be consumed....
              This was my point.. you can consume. ....or so i thought................. it as the term in hadith is maita (dead meat) and the hadith is maita of sea is halal..

(i.e. dead meat of the sea is halal) and the hadith that I am talking about did not put a condition on it.

With regards what you posted. I will have to clarify.... as this is the first time I have heard it.

However it must be noted, fishing normally does not collect floating fish (as majority of the time it trawler fishing).. the one case I do know of it is in malaysia/indonesia/thailand/china where the fishermen throw explosive devices into the water and the fish floats up as a result... and they cut the fin and leave the rest for very popular dish.. and I personally do not agree with this practice as fish may be unconscious and fin is cut off and it may die later because it cannot swim (and letting go of the poluting aspect of such a practice)..

I don't think this practice is used in Pakistan or India yet twice only Pakistani originated people have bought the discussion up and if I pose it to an arab scholar they will not understand. (i did previously and they pointed me to what I wrote earlier).. so i will leave this issue.

JazakAllah khair for the information.
              Last edited by Umarumar01; Nov 22, 2008, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X