Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kraft Dinner
    replied
    Remembered this website from a few years ago. Looking forward to start reading it again!

Leave a comment:

• rukhsaramjad
    replied
    Re: 20 Greatest Inventions by Muslim Scientists

The Muslims has done great research work in past when Muslim empire was expanding and at that time Muslims Scientist invents various things. As the west copied the Muslim scientist research work and continue the process of more inventions. In the modern era, the Muslim countries are far behind from the west.

Leave a comment:

• pktun
    replied

Hazrat Abu Bakr Al-Siddique, ka laqb siddique parney ki wajah hi yehi thi...
    Me'raj k baad, Maakah k kuffaar ne Hazrat Abu Bakr se kaha, aap k dost (Muhammad ) kehte hain k wo raat ko Maakah se Bait ul Maqdas tashreef le gye aur phr wahan se saton aasman pe gye, aap is bare mein kia kehte hain?
    Unho ne fermaya, Agr Muhammad (Rasoolullah ) ne fermaya hai tou phr bilkul sach fermaya hai!
    This is for those who search for scientific proof for this!!

P.S: Although this thread is 11 years old, but a good n informative post never gets old...
    Thanx for sharing

Leave a comment:

• SindSagar
    replied

Originally posted by Light Bearer View Post
    Sindsagar thats a belief, its not a scientifically proven fact. For scientifically proven fact somebody had to measure all the datas which never happened.
    Funny you who calls himself the Grim Reaper should say that.............Ah hemm You were there when it happened you must have witnessed the whole event right?

Yes everyone knows it is our belief, the fact that it is part of the Holy Quran which is in it self a Guidance for Mankind! Allah is telling us what can be humanly possible! I am sure when Jules Verne wrote in his book about Man going to the Moon he had no proof of the Rocket/Machine that would actually do it!
    Last edited by SindSagar; Aug 18, 2017, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hahahaha
    replied

Thanks for sharing these but there are some that I would like to point out.
    Originally posted by hiddenpyramid
    01 Coffee:

The story goes that an Arab named Khalid was tending his goats in the Kaffa region of southern Ethiopia, when he noticed his animals became livelier after eating a certain berry. He boiled the berries to make the first coffee. Certainly the first record of the drink is of beans exported from Ethiopia to Yemen where Sufis drank it to stay awake all night to pray on special occasions. By the late 15th century it had arrived in Mecca and Turkey from where it made its way to Venice in 1645. It was brought to England in 1650 by a Turk named Pasqua Rosee who opened the first coffee house in Lombard Street in the City of London.

The Arabic qahwa became the Turkish kahve then the Italian caffé and then English coffee.
    Werent there people living among cofee in south america long before that?
    08 Metal Armor:

Quilting is a method of sewing or tying two layers of cloth with a layer of insulating material in between. It is not clear whether it was invented in the Muslim world or whether it was imported there from India or China. But it certainly came to the West via the Crusaders. They saw it used by Saracen warriors, who wore straw-filled quilted canvas shirts instead of armour. As well as a form of protection, it proved an effective guard against the chafing of the Crusaders' metal armour and was an effective form of insulation - so much so that it became a cottage industry back home in colder climates such as Britain and Holland.
    Who else would

10 Surgery:

Many modern surgical instruments are of exactly the same design as those devised in the 10th century by a Muslim surgeon called al-Zahrawi. His scalpels, bone saws, forceps, fine scissors for eye surgery and many of the 200 instruments he devised are recognisable to a modern surgeon.
    It was he who discovered that catgut used for internal stitches dissolves away naturally (a discovery he made when his monkey ate his lute strings) and that it can be also used to make medicine capsules. In the 13th century, another Muslim medic named Ibn Nafis described the circulation of the blood, 300 years before William Harvey discovered it.
    Muslims doctors also invented anaesthetics of opium and alcohol mixes and developed hollow needles to suck cataracts from eyes in a technique still used today.
    Romans did the same .. used the modern surgical instuments dating back to early ADs and Late BCs.

14 Numerical Numbering:

The system of numbering in use all round the world is probably Indian in origin but the style of the numerals is Arabic and first appears in print in the work of the Muslim mathematicians al-Khwarizmi and al-Kindi around 825. Algebra was named after al-Khwarizmi's book, Al-Jabr wa-al-Muqabilah, much of whose contents are still in use. The work of Muslim maths scholars was imported into Europe 300 years later by the Italian mathematician Fibonacci. Algorithms and much of the theory of trigonometry came from the Muslim world. And Al-Kindi's discovery of frequency analysis rendered all the codes of the ancient world soluble and created the basis of modern cryptology.
    That was indeed a great contribution. Hats off to that.
    18 Earch is in sphere shape?

By the 9th century, many Muslim scholars took it for granted that the Earth was a sphere. The proof, said astronomer Ibn Hazm, "is that the
    Sun is always vertical to a particular spot on Earth". It was 500 years before that realisation dawned on Galileo. The calculations of Muslim astronomers were so accurate that in the 9th century they reckoned the Earth's circumference to be 40, 253.4km - less than 200km out. The scholar al-Idrisi took a globe depicting the world to the court of King Roger of Sicily in 1139.
    Actually much of what Galileo proved was based upon anti Aristotlic theory that never got heard at the time since Aristotle was automiatically considered right. Later on books were found written around the time of Aristotle that suggested the modern view of the universe and its elements.
    19 Rocket and Torpedo:

Though the Chinese invented saltpetre gunpowder, and used it in their fireworks, it was the Arabs who worked out that it could be purified using potassium nitrate for military use. Muslim incendiary devices terrified the Crusaders. By the 15th century they had invented both a rocket, which they called a "self-moving and combusting egg", and a torpedo - a self-propelled pear-shaped bomb with a spear at the front which impaled itself in enemy ships and then blew up.
    Wow... who else would.

Leave a comment:

• vineshvk
    replied

Originally posted by chacha khan
    OK, i 'couter' with points, almost all indians i know (many) during higher education study business or IT related degrees, hardly any follow science related carrers apart from programming (which really isn't science/tech, but rather learning/applying a language), which makes indians really good merchants and dedicated IT workers and call centre operatives.
    I don't think CheGuvera meant that indians didn't know maths, i personally know many indians who are very good at maths, but that comes from constant practice of the subject, what he means is that indians don't know how to apply or relate maths to practical problems, maths is just a tool, it's no use being good at maths without having a scientific mind.......i think that's what he mean't..............
    i disagree... take a look at the universities in the world and see how many Indians are doing pure science and compare that to pakistanies or muslims in general. I hope u know CV RAMAN and raman spectroscopy. I hope u know Bose condensate and BOse-Einstein statistics. I hope u know Hargovind Khurana. These are people in last 100 years from India. And many more.

Leave a comment:

• mAd_ScIeNtIsT
    replied

I was aware of most of these already. What is depressing is that none of these occurs within the past 500 years.

Leave a comment:

• Light Bearer
    replied

Originally posted by SindSagar
    The man to travel in space, and go faster than the speed of light, our Holy Prophet PBUH.

The fact that time is relative was proven too.
    Sindsagar thats a belief, its not a scientifically proven fact. For scientifically proven fact somebody had to measure all the datas which never happened.

Leave a comment:

• chacha khan
    replied

OK, i 'couter' with points, almost all indians i know (many) during higher education study business or IT related degrees, hardly any follow science related carrers apart from programming (which really isn't science/tech, but rather learning/applying a language), which makes indians really good merchants and dedicated IT workers and call centre operatives.
    I don't think CheGuvera meant that indians didn't know maths, i personally know many indians who are very good at maths, but that comes from constant practice of the subject, what he means is that indians don't know how to apply or relate maths to practical problems, maths is just a tool, it's no use being good at maths without having a scientific mind.......i think that's what he mean't..............

Leave a comment:

• FrozenFire
    replied

Originally posted by SindSagar
    The man to travel in space, and go faster than the speed of light, our Holy Prophet PBUH.

Leave a comment:

• vineshvk
    replied

chegs stop ur mujra why are u so much excited. Couter with points not by bs.. So u think Indians does not know maths.Many in the first post are highly doubtfull and very unrealistic as well. So what should we say about that.

Leave a comment:

• CheGuvera
    replied

Originally posted by infiniti
    Surgery and Numerical Numbering were invented in India and from there they spread to Arabia which was then responsible for it's popularity in Europe.
    And so were nuclear physics, Aircraft tech, internal combustion engine, steam engine, and rocket science...

How the frig hindus who couldn't even stitch clothes together and had to be taught by muslim, invent surgery...this is one of the biggest croc I've ever heard along with the nuclear warfare taking place in mahabharta and most hindus believing in it...

Leave a comment:

• ssingh
    replied

Originally posted by infiniti
    Surgery and Numerical Numbering were invented in India and from there they spread to Arabia which was then responsible for it's popularity in Europe.
    correct and this is what i got from muslim website

Whatever mathematical knowledge Arabs inherited came from two sources--the Hindus and the Greeks. The scholars of the Darul Hukarna of Mamun did the largest amount of work for the advancement of the sciences and arts by the Arabs. Abu Abdulla Muhammad Ibrahim-al-Fazari in 772-773 A.D. translated Sidhanta from Sanskrit into Arabic, which, according to G. Sarton provided "possibly the vehicle by means of which the Hindu numerals were transmitted from India to Islam"

http://www.netmuslims.com/info/mathematics.html

Leave a comment:

• infiniti
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SindSagar
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X