This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afghan Christian convert could face death

Saw this on internet and wondered how it fit in with other Guppies' views.

I read many many times on this forum that Islam is tolerant to Jews and Christians. How does the article fit in with that idea?

Re: Afghan Christian convert could face death

Its totally wrong obviously...

Comment

That guys is already going to hell and facing worst azab.. so wat is the point of hurting him right now
      I've kissed millions of frogs, but still no prince charming...
      Åchi ßachi Çlub

Comment

Originally posted by Attia
        That guys is already going to hell and facing worst azab.. so wat is the point of hurting him right now
        Exactly. Let God deal with him.
        'Music is a moral law. It gives wings to the mind, a soul to the universe, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, a life to everything.' -- Plato

Comment

In what way is Sharia compulsory for Muslims? Is it just a set of rules that can be ignored or should Muslims strive to get some/most of it enshrined in their countries lawbooks?

Comment

Shariah = Islamic Law

There is no country that has completely implemented Sharia'h Law. KSA comes the closest.
            "The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
            - - -
            "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

I doubt it, they have soem principals, but they are just as unislamic as the rest. When I ee such cals for sharia , i think its a slap to islamic thought, if you now what I mean. To see our religion get hijacked by a few fools is a HUGE problem.
              [SIZE=2]pasa nagyaleya! nun dilbar o janana ogatah
              num da Pukhtan waghatah namos da Afghan waghtah-
              tol jahan hairan krah akhpal zan pa tamasha
              ay da Ahmad zuweya o bacheya da Shairshah!

Comment

Imagine the outrage the posters would have, if such a rule existed in hinduism. Most of the posters would have gone to town claiming how such a rule is against the spirit of freedom.
                When such things happen in their own backyard they use some age old laws to justify the same.

Comment

RG, also l am amused at the sheer ease (except PakPatriot) everybody else had taken. Now consider a person being punished with death for coverting to Islam in UK or Europe........ What would have Islamic world done......... If embassies can be burnt on a Cartoon (I am not supporting Cartoons for God's sake, so don't hijack the thread)..
                  This is something many of the guppies should understand. That world and many of us are reacting to, and saying is wrong...

Comment

This is absolutely wrong. A person has freedom to choose his own faith just like the Hindu family in the other thread changed it's religion to Islam, so can a Muslim man change his religion to Christianity, as long as the path they choose provides peace and spiritual/religious contentment to them.

Comment

[quote=Rahul67]RG, also l am amused at the sheer ease (except PakPatriot) everybody else had taken. Now consider a person being punished with death for coverting to Islam in UK or Europe........ What would have Islamic world done......... If embassies can be burnt on a Cartoon (I am not supporting Cartoons for God's sake, so don't hijack the thread)..
                      This is something many of the guppies should understand. That world and many of us are reacting to, and saying is wrong, and asking questions with normal Muslim, what are you doing about this..
                      Here we have law of land (of Afganistan) to kill if convereted.. This is the threat everybody is questioning...

Comment

Well, no one is prosecuting Dr Wafa Sultan in the Middle East for what she did so why take it out on a poor Afghan man?

Comment

Its a shame that this sort of stuff still happens in this day and age.
                          I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

I feel that deep down many of the ruling elite and the intelligentsia in islamic countries are scared that people might leave the religion if other preachers are allowed to enter the land or if free speech and freedom of religion is allowed. That's the reason why most of the Islamic countries and the priesthood does not allow any freedom to humans at all.

Comment

If this is the case in post-Taliban Afghanistan, what would have been in Taliban Afghanistan.

Afghan on trial for Christianity

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4823874.stm

The trial judge holds the bible he says belonged to the accused
                              An Afghan man is being tried in a court in the capital, Kabul, for converting from Islam to Christianity.

Abdul Rahman is charged with rejecting Islam and could face the death sentence under Sharia law unless he recants.

He converted 16 years ago as an aid worker helping refugees in Pakistan. His estranged family denounced him in a custody dispute over his two children.

It is thought to be Afghanistan's first such trial, reflecting tensions between conservative clerics and reformists.

QUICK GUIDE

Afghanistan

Conservatives still dominate the Afghan judiciary four years after the Taleban were overthrown.

The BBC's Mike Donkin in Kabul says reformists, like the government under President Hamid Karzai, want a more liberal, secular legal system but under the present constitution it is hard for them to intervene.

'Tolerance'

Afghanistan's post-Taleban constitution is based on Sharia law, and prosecutors in the case says this means Abdul Rahman, whose trial began last Thursday, should be put to death.

We will ask him if he has changed his mind. If so we will forgive him

Trial judge Ansarullah Mawlazezadah

When he was arrested last month he was found to be carrying a bible and charged with rejecting Islam which is punishable by death in Afghanistan.

Trial judge Ansarullah Mawlazezadah told the BBC that Mr Rahman, 41, would be asked to reconsider his conversion, which he made while working for a Christian aid group in Pakistan.

"We will invite him again because the religion of Islam is one of tolerance. We will ask him if he has changed his mind. If so we will forgive him," the judge told the BBC on Monday.

But if he refused to reconvert, then his mental state would be considered first before he was dealt with under Sharia law, the judge added.

He said he expected the case to take about two months to be heard.

Precedent

The Afghan Human Rights Commission has called for a better balance in the judiciary, with fewer judges advocating Sharia law and more judges with a wider legal background.

Several journalists have been prosecuted under blasphemy laws in post-Taleban Afghanistan.

The editor of a women's rights magazine was convicted of insulting Islam and sentenced to death last year - but was later released after an apology and heavy international pressure.

Mr Karzai's office says the president will not intervene in the case.

Observers say executing a converted Christian would be a significant precedent as a conservative interpretation of Sharia law in Afghanistan.

But it would also outrage Western nations which put Mr Karzai in power and are pouring billions of dollars into supporting the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X