Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navroz Mubaraak

Salaam,

To all those who celebrate (like me), Navroz Mubarak.

Re: Navroz Mubaraak

Navroz..umm is that a Aga khani festival?

Comment

no, that is an aatish-parast (fire worshippers) of persia festival....
      Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

It's mostly a shia festival; it marks the beginning of a new year. Aga Khanis are a branch of shia, so it wouldn't surprise me if they celebrated it.

Comment

oh is that really a shia festival..hmm...
          ru sure bout the Aga khanis being a branch of shia?

Armughal...u mean to say that it is the fireworshippers festival?

Comment

Originally posted by Zainab Ahmed
            oh is that really a shia festival..hmm...
            ru sure bout the Aga khanis being a branch of shia?

Armughal...u mean to say that it is the fireworshippers festival?
            He means to say it's a Zoroastrian festival. They're actually not fireworshipper, but seem to be as fire plays an important part in their rituals.

Needless to say, nowdays the only image it conjures up is a bunch of Iranis jumping over a fire set in some park...oh well, whatever spins your wheel.

Comment

It is the celebration of the iranian new year, and also marks the beginning of spring. Its bad luck to say indoors, so everyone say outdoors or make it a family outing for the day.. Must be hectic at this of the year.

For modern Iranians, No Ruz is a feast of renewal and freshness; a time to visit relatives, friends and to pay respect to the older members of the family clan. By thorough house cleaning the physical space is purified and merrymaking efforts create comfort and happiness becomes a celebration in itself. This is reminiscence of the ancient traditions when all forces of Joy were regarded as holy and venerated.

Festivities will go on for 13 days and will end on the 13th day known as ‘Seezdeh be Dar’ which literally means; getting rid of the omen of the 13th day.

At the last day of the New Year celebrations, the 13th of the first month, it is the universal custom in Iran to pass as many hours as possible out of doors. All people will leave their homes to go to the parks or local plains for a very festive picnic. It is a must to spend this day in nature and the occasion is called ‘Seezdeh be dar’ (getting rid of the omen of the 13th day).

http://www.iranonline.com/festivals/...ear/index.html
              O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Comment

Spring festival and new year is celebrated by everyone in Iran and some parts of Afghanistan, no matter what religion they are. Due to moharram, I guess shias in Iran don't celebrate Islamic new year, and therefore they prefer celebrating Narouz with everyone.

Comment

Thats sick...
                  Festivities will go on for 13 days and will end on the 13th day known as Seezdeh be Dar which literally means; getting rid of the omen of the 13th day.

"The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
                  - - -
                  "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

thanks happy novrooz to u as well
                    har rooz tan novrooz.. novrooz tan amrooz
                    I've kissed millions of frogs, but still no prince charming...
                    Åchi ßachi Çlub

Comment

Originally posted by itsme01
                      Thats sick...

[/i]
                      Tens of millions docile animals butchured every year by millions of people in a single day is quite sick and gross for many people.

Happy new year/ Nourorz mubarik to all those who celebrate
                      Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Navroz Mubarak

Comment

Working...
                        X