X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things that (should) make u go hmmmmm

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 53, Number 325:

Narrated Ayesha(mother of the believers),'After the death of Allah's Apostle Fatima,the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her the share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting)which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "the holy prophet(saww) had said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqah (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of the Holy prophet(saww).

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 111:

Narrated Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

Allah's Apostle said, "Fatima is a part of me, and whoever makes her angry, makes me angry."

Does it mean that since the duaghter of Prophet was angry with Abu Bakr, so is the prophet?? If prophet is upset with some sahabi, what does that mean to us as muslims, followers of sunnah of Prophet Mohammad (saww)??? Should we appreciate the act of sahabi that angers prophet or denounce it?? Should we follow the sunnah of prophet and be angry with that sahabi??
    Last edited by Curious One; Mar 14, 2006, 02:14 PM.

Re: Things that (should) make u go hmmmmm

I'm sure someone will be able to answer your query, insha'Allah. While at it, I also would like to clarify that your intentions of causing a stir clearly shine through.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiyah
      I'm sure someone will be able to answer your query, insha'Allah. While at it, I also would like to clarify that your intentions of causing a stir clearly shine through.
      I may have different views from a lot of guppies out here, may have different beliefs and yes I agree I might have raised questions that a lot of guppies might not agree with, but can you mention one instance where I have been rude or disrespectful to any individual, or any individuals beliefs??

If anything I have learned (from other guppies here) proper etiquettes of addressing a lot of historical figures (which I did not know before) and try to adhere to these etiquettes.

You might not like me for asking these questions, but the intention is certainly not to cause a stir. To be very honest the only intention is to either learn something from others and be able to understand other sects better while at the same time clarify why I (or my sect for that matter) hold certain type of beliefs.

Comment

^ Lets hope you mean what you're saying.

Comment

Things like this aren't for avg joes like you and me.

Do you think you're a Scholar in Hadith?

You can't just pick out any hadith, and try to understand it, it doesn't work that way.

Ask a Fuqhi, not people on a public forum that have no knowledge of such things.

If you are really concerned, contact someone who has studied the Quran and Hadith.

This is really a futile thread.
          "Lets not dwell into matters which have already been dealt with 1400 years ago. Go read for yourself, and understand it yourself." Sh. Hamza Yusuf

Comment

Running in circle is some people's passion.

Comment

I don't know why but CO reminds me of Jerry Fallwell....now that makes me go hmm......

Comment

Originally posted by Curious One
                Sahih Bukhari

Narrated Ayesha(mother of the believers),'After the death of Allah's Apostle Fatima,the daughter of Allah's Apostle asked Abu Bakr As-Siddiq to give her the share of inheritance from what Allah's Apostle had left of the Fai (i.e. booty gained without fighting)which Allah had given him. Abu Bakr said to her, "the holy prophet(saww) had said, 'Our property will not be inherited, whatever we (i.e. prophets) leave is Sadaqah (to be used for charity)." Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle got angry and stopped speaking to Abu Bakr, and continued assuming that attitude till she died. Fatima remained alive for six months after the death of the Holy prophet(saww).

Allah's Apostle said, "Fatima is a part of me, and whoever makes her angry, makes me angry."

Does it mean that since the duaghter of Prophet was angry with Abu Bakr, so is the prophet?? If prophet is upset with some sahabi, what does that mean to us as muslims, followers of sunnah of Prophet Mohammad (saww)??? Should we appreciate the act of sahabi that angers prophet or denounce it?? Should we follow the sunnah of prophet and be angry with that sahabi??

There are two possibilities that I can think of:

1- That this Hadith might be weak and not authentic.

2- If this Hadith is True, then it really does not matter: Humans are prone to error, if Fatima[ra] got angry with Abu Bakr[ra] - Allah[swt] may grant her forgiveness. Abu Bakr [ra] is among the people who are guaranteed Paradise, and so is Fatima [ra] - daughter of the Prophet Muhammad [PBUH].
                ================================================== =====

May Allah Forgive if I said anything Wrong

Jazak'Allah Khair
                "The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
                - - -
                "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

the hadith on making fatema (ra) angry does not mean that if she insists on something wrong no one shud tell her that she is wrong....
                  it was said by the Prophet (saw) when Ali (ra) declared that he wanted to marry another woman, and like any other woman, fatima (ra) was upset by this and told the Prophet (saw) and hence he said this....
                  it does not mean that if there is something that she did not know, no one is supposed to correct her cuz she might get angry....
                  Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

read the bolded part. Prophet pbuh said to charity.
                    "Lets not dwell into matters which have already been dealt with 1400 years ago. Go read for yourself, and understand it yourself." Sh. Hamza Yusuf

Comment

Originally posted by Curious One
                      Sahih Bukhari

O Curious One

To fulfil the command of Prophet Muhammad (saw) was the first priority for Hz. Abu Bakr (ra).

"There is also hadith to the affect that he explained to Hz. Fatimah (ra) his reasons and that she accepted and was pleased.

There is proof from the Authentic Sunnah that Faatimah (alayhas salaam) became pleased with Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq before her death.

al-Hafidh Ibn Katheer mentions in his al bidayaah 6/333 that: "When Fatima (alayhas salaam) was experiencing her sickness [before death], Abu Bakr as Sideeq came to her and sought to please her, and she became pleased. "

The exact narration has originally been reported by Imaam al-Baihaqi through Ismaeel ibn Abee Khaalid who narrated from Ash-Sh'ubi, and the isnaad (chain) of this report is sahih (authentic)."

http://www.revivingislam.com/bidah/g...aboutfadak.htm

Read the chapter titled:

So the question arises, "Why did she die angry with Abu Bakr?!?"

Now what would you say that I show you some hadith from Shia sources that Hz. Fatimah (ra) was angry with Hz. Ali (ra)? Just out of respect I am holding it back.

Are you really Curious enough to know? Just say so. Apply the same rules to Hz. Ali (ar) as you are applying to Hz. Abu Bakr (ra). Let's how fair you are.

Now, did I just hear a loooong hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Comment

^ Nice work done bro. Sadique.

Jazak'Allah Khair
                        "The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
                        - - -
                        "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

Curious One, what do you get of denouncing the sahaba? No one asked you to sing their praises, just respect them all. You were never alive in those times, you dotn know how things worked back then, things like these are better left alone.
                          Q. What do you get from a pampered cow?
                          A. Spoiled milk.

Comment

Why all the animosity?? I just put two ahadith together thats it.

Originally posted by Ibn Sadique
                            So the question arises, "Why did she die angry with Abu Bakr?!?"

Now what would you say that I show you some hadith from Shia sources that Hz. Fatimah (ra) was angry with Hz. Ali (ra)? Just out of respect I am holding it back.
                            For one I can quote alot of ahadith from other sources, and if we went in that direction, we will be going round and round in circles. That is why I refrained from it and quoted ahadit only from Sahi Bukhari. I just asked a simple question about two ahadit from Sahi Bukhari and this is the response I get.

Are you really Curious enough to know? Just say so. Apply the same rules to Hz. Ali (ar) as you are applying to Hz. Abu Bakr (ra). Let's how fair you are.

The question still remains? Why did she die angry with Abu Bakr?? Regardless of who else she was angry with. If she was angry with someone else be it Hz Ali or any other sahabi, based on Sahi Bukhari's haidith Prophet Mohammad (saww) will be agnry with that person as well. If she was agnry with Hz Ali till the time of her death then yes it means (based on Sahi Bukhari's) hadith that Propeht will be agnry with him as well.

And hence my next question would be why do we believe in hz Ali being a khalifa??

So Ibn Sadique now I have two queries the orignal one and one about Hz Ali as well.

Now, did I just hear a loooong hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
                            It was more like hahahahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Barfee
                              Curious One, what do you get of denouncing the sahaba? No one asked you to sing their praises, just respect them all. You were never alive in those times, you dotn know how things worked back then, things like these are better left alone.
                              Brother I am sorry if I offended you. My intentions are to not just respect sahaba's but other sects as well, but that is only possible if I can understand them as well, that is why I asked this question.

Comment

Working...
                              X