Is following Islam a joke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is following Islam a joke?

If someone comes to you and tells you, that if you run three rounds around your block , you'll receive ten million dollars, would you do it?

Obviously, ten million dollars is a lot of money. It is enough for you to put in a bank and live off it for the rest of your life so why wouldn't you do three rounds around the block?

But what would be the difference if the guy telling you this showed you the money before your ran versus someone who just came up and told you out of the blue.

Obviously, you'd take the word of the guy who showed you the ten million dollars.

Ten million dollars can buy a lot of luxury and ease.

But what if someone came to you, and said, I have a something for you, that is you take it, it will provide you with something that would be much more greater and pleasurable than all the luxuries and pleasures that this world has to offer?

You ask him, definitely buddy, lay it on me? What is this scheme?

The guy tells you, become a good Muslim.

You ask him, where is your guarantee? He tells you, it is with Allah.

You ask him, what if this is fake? He tells you Allah doesn't break His promise.

You ask him for proof, he tells you he has none. All he offers is a Promise in exchange for leading a life based on a God called Allah.

And this is what the believers do. Whether they be from the tribe of Hebrews when they followed Musa :as, or be from the Christians who followed Isa :as: or they be from the Muslims, who follow Mohammed :saw:...All everyone followed and still follow is a Promise...Living, dying, spending their hours in worship, on torture racks, in dungeons and facing swords and lances for nothing more than a Promise...

So what is this great Promise that everyone professes to follow? There's no proof except miracles and we haven't seen any...Only read about them in books...So why follow something that is not concrete...Why lay down your life for something that is not there to see or hear from? Why follow something that we can't see? Why risk alienation and social sanctions for womething that we don't know exists or not?

Because that is the difference between a believer and a non-believer...It is written in the Quran...Believers are those who have brought their belief in the unseen...The believers have heard the Messenger and with heart and soul accepted the Promise that was given them by the Almighty and in return have Promised to lead their lives according to the teachings and Laws that the Almighty has sent through His Messengers...The believers have been set apart from the unbelievers by the virtue of their ability to adapt their lives according the Divine word and with humility accept the Decree that has been issued...

What do the believers get in return?

One time the Holy Prophet :saw: was asked, who have been tested the most, the Holy Prophet :saw: replied, the Prophets, then when he was asked, after that? He replied, those that tried to be like them and so on...

In another Ahadith, the Holy Prophet :saw: replied, that the earth for the Muslim is like a prison...

Meaning, he wishes to break free to return to the state of true freedom that is paradise and the ultimate goal, i.e. Allah (swt) being pleased with His slave...

The post was going to be long, but I'll end it with a couple a of sentences...Not here to change minds or anything...I donlt have that power...Allah (swt) guides and he leads astray...

I consider this life on earth as a foetal life. It is the life before being born. Earth for me is like a womb from which I will be born into my real life, i.e. the hereafter...That is the final birth, the birth which will never end and continue to exist...Never ending...

I have two option on how to be birthed where since what I do in this womb will dictate into what condition I am born into...

As a believer, someone who has pleased Allah (swt), I am promised a birth into a condition which will be most pleasing...As a believer I have to bear the hardships of this world to be worthy of a good final birth...That entails following the commands of the Almighty even at the risk of having the entire world hate me...

As a non-believer, who professed Islam yet accepted the notions and practices of the Kuffar which went against the Almighty's Laws...My final birth in that condition would be in the most exremely distasteful conditions in the most abhorrent circumstances...

So I wish to be a believer...At the risk of everything, I wish to believe in every minute aspect of Islam and to practice and implement it fully...I cannot fathom the alternatives...Failure to be a Muslim for me has very fearful circumstances...I hope they make you afraid too...Being afraid of God is a great wisdom in itself...

I remember my days as a true mod-Muslim...I was on a bus going somewhere...Suddenly at one stop this man with a long beard got on and started saying, fear Allah...Our women walk without covering, our men have lost all sense of shame and wickedness is rampant...Fear Allah for His wrath can be terrible...

(In those days I was a true mod-Muslim, I always considered myself a superior Muslim than these Mullah types with more knowledge, understanding and grasp of Islam...I hated them and held a sort of pity for their ignorance thinking, look how educated and wise I am, while this idiot is shouting in buses...What an ignorant buffoon...What a stupid way to spread Islam...But now I know how stupid and ignorant I was compared to that man and how little I knew and how blind I was...Now I consider that man wiser than many 'educated' people I know...Now I understdand what he was saying and how deeply what he said has impacted me after so many years...)

I spoke to that man and smiled condescendingly and said, listen...Why are you scaring people away from Allah...You should be spreading the love that is Allah and the forgiveness He has for His creatures...You shoudl spread His mercy more than His wrath...

To which he replied, so we should overlook His wrath even when doing wrong?

I just smiled stupidly and sat down thinking what an idiot...

Now I do fear Allah (swt)...His mercy and forgiveness though all encompassing and limitless but his anger and wrath can indeed be unimaginably terrible...

So fear Allah (swt), stick to His rope with your teeth if possible and let not even a shred of unbelief or rebelliousness enter your heart...Its price can be a eternity of extreme pain...
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Re: Is following Islam a joke?

Brother Lajawab - as usual from you - ^ great post.

The most hated speech to Allah is when a man says to another man, 'Fear Allah!' and he replies, 'Worry about your own self!' " reported by Al-Asbahaanee in At-Targheeb

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud Allah's Messenger (saw) said, "If, through fear of Allah, tears--even to the extent of a fly's head--fall from any believer's eyes and drop on some part of his cheek, he will be kept away from Hell by Allah." Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi Ibn Majah

Comment

Allahu Akbar

Great Post Lajo -

"The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
      - - -
      "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

Ibn Siddique, thank you for sharing the hadiths.

Lajjo bhai, great post. However, don't forget that those who truly follow Islam are blessed with the sweetness of eeman and sukoon of qalb like no one else. I consider it a great sign and definitely a reward in this dunya.

Given the way most of us have very busy schedules and lives, nothing beats the satisfaction of possessing the sweetness of eeman and sukoon of qalb. Sadly, my heart's far from it. Plenty of work needs to be done to reach that status. May Allah (SWT) make it easy for us, ameen.

Comment

Assalam o Alaikum

Great post -

Just to add some thing-

As i heared from an Aalim,this FEAR of ALLAH subhanwataalah is not like any ordinary fears that people have. Infact this word FEAR ALLAH is the closest word for Atttaqu ul Lah english language have. Taqwah being much different then this ordinary fear,its more like you fear your most beloved person to be angry with you rather then Fear of some Tyrant king .

The more you are a beliver the more you have firm belief on the promises of ALLAH Ta'alah like hadrat Ali is qouted as saaying that his eeman will not increase after seeing Heaven or Hell its already in the state of Ihsan--Ihsan being explained in hadith jibrael (mishkaat).

As per problems faced by momin, yes we see Beliver face hard ships but this is just apparent hard ships , heart of momin being content with ALLAH Ta'alah has wished.
          As in some ayah it is seen as quality oif miminnen that when some thing bad happens they say "Inna Lilah e Wa inna Alihay rajiyon"

Na bacha bacha kay rakh issay kay ye aaina hay wo aaina
          Jo shikasta ho tau qareeb tar hay nigah e aaina saz main

Hope i make some sense

Comment

I liked the post..and it was true!
            First i thought u r saying that "Y believe on sumthing that we cannot see"..but then i read the whole post N got it!

InshaAllah every muslim will get the best reward for believing on Allah and his promises without actually seeing them!

Comment

Excellent post Lajawab, may Allah guide us all and have his mercy upon all of us. Ameen
              بِن دانا پانی میں جی لواں
              بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sadique
                Brother Lajawab - as usual from you - ^ great post.

The most hated speech to Allah is when a man says to another man, 'Fear Allah!' and he replies, 'Worry about your own self!' " reported by Al-Asbahaanee in At-Targheeb

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud Allah's Messenger (saw) said, "If, through fear of Allah, tears--even to the extent of a fly's head--fall from any believer's eyes and drop on some part of his cheek, he will be kept away from Hell by Allah." Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi Ibn Majah
                for these Ahadith Brother...

Chapatee...That was an excellent clarification... and thanks...

Thanks all...

Failure to be a Muslim is not an option...One can try and hopefully succeed...Otherwise what is my fate other than what an unbeveliever will receive if I deny the rights of Allah :swt:...
                Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

That is a classic Pascal's wager.
                  Marriage changes passion................suddenly you're in bed with a relative.

Comment

salaam....
                    ur scaring meee...................it's making me realise how far i'm from the sweetness of iman & sukon of qalb u ppl r talking abt .............
                    Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Working...
                    X