Revenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revenge?

What exctly is the position of revenge in Islam? I know it might sound like a stupid question but still.. like if someone does something really really bad to you but you know htey' won't get punished and you can't do anything about it .. there's no point in telling anyone coz nothing can happen... what can u do? Like is it really bad to pray that someone gets punished for their bad actions towards you? My dad says its a bad-duah to pray for someone to get punished but i dunno... And another thing, how do u get over the feeling? It consumes yoU I mean what are you supposed to do , u cant do anything abt it so ure stuck with this desire that won't go away
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Re: Revenge?

Noone?
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Like is it really bad to pray that someone gets punished for their bad actions towards you?

I believe so. You can pray Allah gives them Hidayah.

The thing is you have to learn to get rid of the hate/anger you have against that person. And Islam is a strong advocate towards forgiving others and making peace and praying for the best .

My advice , dont let them get to you. You're a bigger person by having the more positive thoughts about them.
      "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

Yeah ur right.. but it's not even against a single person the one who did it, but rather at everything/everyone, u know on a social scale... the pathetic excuses given for them not recieving any punishment, the way they were raised that they wud do something like that, the social environment that pushes em to do something like that and get away wiht it... I can't think of a single positive thot, nothing positive can come out of it, coz its gnna happen again and again and again no matter what.. the only one who suffers is the person it happened to

Comment

The term revenge means that you will exceed in your retaliation and that certainly is not allowed in Islam. Basically, Islam teaches the middle road between ‘an eye for an eye’ and ‘turn the other cheek’. So you retaliate where its absolutely necessary, but forgive those where forgiveness will forgiveness will bring peace to everyone involved.

Tell those who believe to forgive those who persecute them and fear not the Days of Allah, that He may requite a people for what they earn. [45: 14/15]

O ye who believe! surely, among your wives and your children are some who are your enemies, so beware of them. And if you overlook and forgive and pardon, then, surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, ever Merciful. [64: 14/15]
          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

sara the question is...would revenge do any good at all if we're talking on such a scale?

It being allowed/not allowed in Islam is besides the question.

I guess one would have to sit down and think of how to stop such people from doing something to hurt another. I do not know exactly what situation you're talking of, however I believe that if you try hard enough..you'll find an answer which will leadto positive results.
            "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadjee
              The term revenge means that you will exceed in your retaliation and that certainly is not allowed in Islam. Basically, Islam teaches the middle road between ‘an eye for an eye’ and ‘turn the other cheek’. So you retaliate where its absolutely necessary, but forgive those where forgiveness will forgiveness will bring peace to everyone involved.

Tell those who believe to forgive those who persecute them and fear not the Days of Allah, that He may requite a people for what they earn. [45: 14/15]

O ye who believe! surely, among your wives and your children are some who are your enemies, so beware of them. And if you overlook and forgive and pardon, then, surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, ever Merciful. [64: 14/15]
              So what exactly is just retaliation?
              A person is mugged.. the guy who did it to her will not get punished no matter what, he remains untouched. He's protected by the people he works for. He's the only one who is in peace, whereas the one he touched is the one suffering and hurt. And its not just you he did it to, hes probably done it to hundreds of grls who never thought to complain because they figured, nothing will happen to him, that's how it is here, it was their fault, or , as my dikhead ofa friend says "they enjoy it"..

Comment

Like I said, if retaliation suppresses the evil rather than spreading it than equal amount is permitted & at time is necessary.
                I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by Sara516
                  So what exactly is just retaliation?
                  A person is mugged.. the guy who did it to her will not get punished no matter what, he remains untouched. He's protected by the people he works for. He's the only one who is in peace, whereas the one he touched is the one suffering and hurt. And its not just you he did it to, hes probably done it to hundreds of grls who never thought to complain because they figured, nothing will happen to him, that's how it is here, it was their fault, or , as my dikhead ofa friend says "they enjoy it"..

c sumtimes its better to raise voice so that if sum unjust is goingon on a massive level it can b suppressed from going out of hands ,watching things going wrong and doing nothing is infact helping the crime to flourish,its not abt taking revenge but its about saving many other ppl from going thru the same misrey again
                  Last edited by rapunzle; Feb 17, 2006, 11:25 AM.
                  those who give everything in ALLAHs hand will eventually see ALLAHs hand in everythin............

worries end where faith begins!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X