• Show
Clear All

who issues Fatwa's

what are exactly are they?
    May your every wish be granted...
    Ancient chinese curse

Re: who issues Fatwa's

Fatwa is issued by Mufti.

Mufti is 3 years course after 8 uears of DarseNezami. Its just like heart sergon who after his MBBS specializes for this.
    Allah humma lakal hamdo walakashukar....

Comment

thankyou

what is a Mufti

are there lots of them, the only one ive heard about is a Mufti in Alexandria.. Egypt (if I remember correctly)
      Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Lazy D, back in the good ole days when Islamic jurisprudence was very much alive and was discussed, debated and argued by intellectuals, Fatwa was the final decree from a particular school of thought after the matter had been discussed. It used to have stern reasoning and formal argumentative logic behind it.

These days its common, cheap, can be bought and anyone can issue them. Oh and most of all, the logic requirement has been scraped.
        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

AJ

Thats what I thought, I see them all over the news... fatwa's have been issued left right and centre.. usually by anyone in a beard..

What I was interested in was in another thread the lovely Sadiyah posted a "fatwa" about marriage of daughters..

I was wondering which "fatwa's" are right and more to teh point

Who does ordinary Joe public know which is right and which isnt?
          Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Sister Sadiyah?
            Balochistan is the most denied city in Pakistan by the government - Kabuli Commie

Comment

is there a link between mufti and muftay, how come most wanna be muftis end up beung muftay and seen eating muft halwa?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

^Depends on what group you belongs to

There are groups who say

Halwa band kheer band----
                لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
                BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Comment

one must rmbr nowadays alot of people say they are Mufti. where i work there is a "mufti" yet he cannot answer my questions on aqeedah.

here is a good book on the subject. i have not read it myslf but it from a relieable source which i trust. Its Authentic.

The Qualifations of a Muftee.
                  http://www.sendspace.com/file/gxe6d8

Comment

Working...
                  X