SHIRK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHIRK

• Do not seek aid in anyone but Allah, swt.......Do not do a good deed for anyone, including yourself, your pride, fame, or fortune: instead, do it for the pleasure of Allah.
      I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me.(HADITH-E-QUDSI )
      Shirk is Unforgivable
    • 4:48 Verily, All‚h forgives not that partners should be set up with him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with All‚h in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin.
      MY MESSAGE FOR ALL MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS IS TO REFRAIN FROM THE WORST OF THE SINS...SHIRK.
      WE MAY NOT CONSIDER CERTAIN THINGS AS SHIRK BUT REMEMBER ANY FORM OF SHIRK EVEN AS MINUTE AS A PARTICLE OF SAND IS UNPARDONABLE.
      MAY ALLAH (SWT)GUIDE US TO THE RIGHT PATH.(AMEN)
    Last edited by simran04; Feb 14, 2006, 10:50 PM.

Re: SHIRK

Yeh! But we should remember it has to do more with mindset rather than what we say or do. For instance, when a spouse say to his better half - she is everything to him. It doesn't classify as shirk because its a symbolic statement rather than literal.

AS for AID, asking mentor for assistance, visiting doctor, taking drugs etc. are all aid but the primary motive behind these is not worship.

My point is not every aid is shirk. We need to uncover the true meaning of it
    Last edited by ImranQ; Feb 14, 2006, 03:27 AM.
    1. I need to find what I suppose to find. 2. Remember the Day of Recompense when everything unfair will be made fair. 3. Recipe for happiness: something to do; someone to love and; something to hope for.

Comment

you are right in saying that not every aid is shirk...but when we start believing that instead of Allah the doctor can heal us...or give us health only then it is shirk otherwise seeking help from others and extending help to others is one of the teachings of islam.
      Tawheed is the most important Islamic belief. It implies that everything in existence originates from the one and only Creator, who is also the Sustainer and the sole Source of Guidance. This belief should govern all aspects of human life. Recognition of this fundamental truth results in a unified view of existence which rejects any divisions of life into religious and secular. Allah is sole source of Power and Authority, therefore entitled to worship and obedience from mankind. There is no scope for any partnership with the Creator. Tawhid tells man that Allah is not born, nor is anyone born of Him. He has no son or daughter. Human beings are His subjects.
      Last edited by simran04; Feb 14, 2006, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Hi simran04
        happy posting

I would say that "Amal ka daromadar niyyat peh hota hay"
        so if one has clear niyyat than it doesnot fall in category of shirk, but ofcourse we have to be very careful as "shirk" is what "shaitan" is trying to inject in us , all the time.
        "Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
        Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by simran04
          you are right in saying that not every aid is shirk...but when we start believing that instead of Allah the doctor can heal us...or give us health only then it is shirk otherwise seeking help from others and extending help to others is one of the teachings of islam.
          I see no muslim visting docor beleiving that the doctor is the sole healer and not allah. Thats reading too much of out nothing.
          1. I need to find what I suppose to find. 2. Remember the Day of Recompense when everything unfair will be made fair. 3. Recipe for happiness: something to do; someone to love and; something to hope for.

Comment

You can't compare doctors visit with worshiping God.... or visiting dead / alive saints. God can cure you... dead or alive saint can't.

For better understanding of Tawheed and Aqeedah, visit these sites:

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng
            http://www.allaahuakbar.net/aqeedah/tawheed/index.htm
            Islamicity.com Q & A

Comment

^ No one see saint with belief "he can help without Allah's consent".
              Don't assume anything.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder sis.

Associating partners in worship with God is the worst of sins yet Pakistanis take it so lightly.

It's where Christians went wrong, 300 years after the Prophet Jesus :as: left earth they introduced polytheism into their religion and contrary to Christ's :as: teachings they started worshipping him alongside Allaah/Yahweh, Catholics and Eastern Churches weren't content with that so they started praying to his mother Mary :as: and saints too.

Muslims are going the same way, there's people who call upon the Prophet :saw:, his family and companions, saints etc. in times of need going against their teachings.

The way saints are worshipped in the Indian Subcontinent (Paki, India) reminds me of the polytheists of pre-Islamic Mecca, they started off as followers of the Prophet Ishmael :as: and his father Abaraham :as: but over the centuries they turned their religion into polytheism making excuses like "oh Allah is the main god, these (past prophets, angels, saints etc.) are our intercessors with Him, they are our only our medium of approach to Him."

Only Allaah can help us so pray to Him alone, Ali or holy Prophet Muhammed :saw: or Gillani (rehmatullah alaih) can't come to your aid.

Comment

^^
                  "The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
                  - - -
                  "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

hmmm....

A dying young guy would by and large call her mother's name (dead or alive). An injured would shout for Doctor. But that doesn't imply they considerd them GOD or his equivalent. It all boils down to mindset and not the action.

Secondly, If you want to reach musharraf you have to first deal with his assistants unless you are someone who is good enough to be noticed by him.

Comment

Originally posted by ImranQ
                      hmmm....

A dying young guy would by and large call her mother's name (dead or alive). An injured would shout for Doctor. But that doesn't imply they considerd them GOD or his equivalent. It all boils down to mindset and not the action.

Secondly, If you want to reach musharraf you have to first deal with his assistants unless you are someone who is good enough to be noticed by him.
                      IQ -> <- Me
                      "The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
                      - - -
                      "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

Originally posted by ImranQ
                        hmmm....

It is polytheism if the person calling upon his mother believes his mother has supernatural powers and she will magicly appear and heal him.

Astaghferullah, comparing Allaah :swt: to Musharraf.

Allaah :swt: is the All-Knowing, the All-Powerful, Most, Beneficent and the All-Loving, He isn't like Musharraf, some lazy and selfish person who can't be bothered to answer your prayers and needs to say to his Prophets, "I'm a bit busy over here and can't do two things at once, will you please take care of that pillock over there, he keeps bothering me".

That was so silly of you to say that, I'd be surprised if you're not a Hindu hiding behind a Muslim ID and if you are a Muslim then I don't see the difference between Hindus and us.

Comment

HAHAHAHA!

Mate you are stuck with polytheism a bit more than you should.

Assuming that I was comparing allah swt wtih musharraf (God forbid) calls for overhaul in your mentality. No, muslim is that stupid to compare All mighty Allah swt with anyone let alone musharraf. Sometimes, we have to come up with practical daily life example that help understanding complex theories.

Its amazing to learn how pessimistic and unimaginative one can get. Do you know calling muslim, a kafir is sin?

t is polytheism if the person calling upon his mother believes his mother has supernatural powers and she will magicly appear and heal him.
                          what a rubbish! I have yet to see a muslim callling his mother with belief that she has migical mighty powers and she is God like

itsme01:

Comment

We are sent in this world and Allah provided us with different means to get what we want, this is the test which is in front of us, suppose we sit and say that food falls in our plate ..probably it wont..it doesnt mean that Allah is not helping us, we cant get it in our plate unless we get up and try to get it ourselves, but if we think that someone other than Allah is going to help us through the process than it comes under shirk.(so we need to look at the larger picture) ....The sole provider is Allah but we have to rely on different means with the thinking that Allah is the sole provider who is actually helping us in attaining what we want..but if we start thinking that someone other than Allah has the power to provide us with the required food than it becomes shirk..so its more about how your intentins are rather than means of getting it

FK ..U are right , associating partners in worship is wrong.
                            "Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
                            Robert Frost

Comment

The sole provider is Allah but we have to rely on different means with the thinking that Allah is the sole provider who is actually helping us in attaining what we want..

so its more about how your intentins are rather than means of getting it

associating partners in worship is wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X