For the Non-Believers of Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Non-Believers of Islam

I once opened a thread asking those who believed that the Prophet Muhammad (sws) wrote the Quran why he would have done it.
    In essence, the answer was because he sought to improve society by placing fear in the people to give them reason to follow these given laws.

My question:
    The final revelation before the Prophet's (sws) death was this:

"This day I have perfected your religion for you, Completed My Favors upon you and have chosen Al-Islam as The Way of Life for you." [Quran 5:3]
    This sounds like an obvious conclusion. The Prophet(sws) considered this verse an announcement of approaching death. How did the Prophet (pbuh) know that it was time to conclude "his writing", the Quran? How was he aware of the fact that his life would soon end?

Re: For the Non-Believers of Islam

Originally posted by phatima1
    I once opened a thread asking those who believed that the Prophet Muhammad (sws) wrote the Quran why he would have done it.
    In essence, the answer was because he sought to improve society by placing fear in the people to give them reason to follow these given laws.

My question:
    The final revelation before the Prophet's (sws) death was this:

This sounds like an obvious conclusion. The Prophet(sws) considered this verse an announcement of approaching death. How did the Prophet (pbuh) know that it was time to conclude "his writing", the Quran? How was he aware of the fact that his life would soon end?
    ....to best of my knowledge n as i read the tafseer, in this verse Allah pak is adressing the MUSLIMS...it isnt abt the conclusion of prophet's(SWS) life but reffered to the conclusion of the message he(SWS) conveyed i.e ISLAM
    Last edited by show_sha; Feb 7, 2006, 08:31 PM.
    sub show sha hay !

Comment

Yea, I know that. What I'm trying to ask is what reasoning the people that believe that Prophet Muhammad (sws) wrote the Quran have for this.

Comment

Originally posted by phatima1
        Yea, I know that. What I'm trying to ask is what reasoning the people that believe that Prophet Muhammad (sws) wrote the Quran have for this.
        In order to follow your logic, one must be willing to accept the logic in the scripture as devine. It was coincidental.

Comment

Yea that is a huge coincidence...

Why would Prophet Muhammad(sws) risk so much (including his life as well as that of his family and friends) all to get across a set of laws that he wrote in order tom improve society...which still had the risk of being completely ignored, anyways?

Comment

it is also known that the prophet was informed atleast 1 Year earlier of his death: as he sacrificed 1 more than his age.
            "The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
            - - -
            "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

^^ explain.

Comment

^^ a year before PBUH's death, Angel Gabrael asked Mohammad (PBUH) that if he wants to stay on earth or would like to meet his Lord. PBUH answered Gabrael that he prefer meeting Allah. The same year he sacrificed 64 camels; that is 1 more than his age.

(searching for Hadith)
                - - -

Comment

Hadeeth would be appreciated. I seem to recall similar events but i thought Gibrael asked him on his deathbed if he would like to stay on Earth or Meet Allah ?

Comment

^^ i was reading on a site and it said that PBUH went to a Graveyard with Abu' Bakr (ra) and there PBUH told Abu Baqr that he was asked to make a choice; On this Abu Baqr requested PBUH to choose to stay for a longer period on Earth and then Enter Paradise, but PBUH replied that he has already told the answer (apparently to Gabrael) that I (PBUH) is happier to meet Allah rather than staying on Earth
                    - - -

Comment

Working...
                    X