Why Aisha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Aisha?

before i ask, i'd like to remind you all to keep it civil in my thread please

i have a question, and i ask this in all seriousness...and i mean no offense

there are certain women in Islam whom we respect above all others, Prophet Isa's (A) mother, Maryam, the pharoas wife Aasiya, Rasullullah's wife Khadija b/c they were the epitome of righteous women...

my question Aisha...one amazing thing she did was she was a major contributor to hadeeth and she was pious

but you also hear stories about how she was such a jealous woman, especially about Khadija

and please, please correct me if i'm wrong...but isn't she a big part of the divide that came in the ummah at the time of Ali as well?

and i just remember hearing other stories about her behavior as well

i understand that she was an extremely pious woman, and i also realize she was only human...i just feel like a woman in her posistion of the Prophet's wife could have carried herself better in certain situations

i understand why she's important...i just don't know that i'd put her to that highest level

I just have such a great respect and love for some of these other women, that i just dont feel as much for aisha...and i feel kind of guilty for it

please don't misunderstand this as some kind of attack on her, and i dont' mean to be horrid, i really would like to know more about her, and i hope that some of you can provide me with the knowledge

thank you
    ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
    ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

Re: Why Aisha?

You have read the Shia literature.
    Now, time for you to read some Sunni's :-)

http://anwary-islam.com/women/m-womens_aishah.htm
    Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
      You have read the Shia literature.
      Now, time for you to read some Sunni's :-)

http://anwary-islam.com/women/m-womens_aishah.htm
      You think Sunnis would tell you the truth. they would only tell you thier side of the story just like shias or other parties involved in the conflict. there sure was a conflict, hell it was a war to be correct, after the death of Mohammad. Sure enough Aesha was in the center of the conflict and so was Ali, Usman and others.
      They all fought hard to snacth the powers from the others. we dont know the true story cos there was no who was not part of the conflict and hence bias in telling the story. according to some people Aesha was a bit arrogant and did not want to give in to pressure from elders to let the right person run the community. She was rude to Khadija and she used to fight with Mohammad over Khadija. I am not saying that these stories are more true than the others, but what I am saying that Aesha was not a saint she was just another woman

Comment

forget about what Shiats and sunnies say. use ur common sense.
        the things people associate with HAzrat Aisha, do u expect those things from ANY muslim woman? (You know what I am talking ab0ut) then why ppl fail to realise when they talk about her then Indirectly they are questioning Prophet's (PBUH) training and THEIR relationship.

what I fail to understand what happened to all those Sahabies JUST AFTER 6 months of Prophet's death. Some ppl talk about Hazrat AbuBakar's behavior with HAzarat FAtima; Do you really believe that spending 23 yrs with Prophet left NO mark on his character?
        A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Comment

She was human first then wife of prophet (pbuh) and so mother of all believers

So, her status is very high in Islam i.e mother, same as biological mothers they are not perfect in anyway but we love and respect them because this is ordained for believers.

On one side Hazrat Aisha (ra) was a pious lady, but she was also a human being. We understand every human has shortcommings

Same way, Hazrat Umar (ra) was a brilliant leader but he also had his own set of natural fallouts. Same was the case with Hazrat Ali, Usman and others.

We do not consider them infallible.At the same time we can never assume anything bad about their intentions and sincerity to Islam.
          Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

714 carry on reading what ur reading.. its ALL good..
            whoever said bad are for bad is wrong.. if bad was for bad and good was for good.. ther wud be no balance.. Allah put good with bad to help influence and stop the bad.. so that theory of yours was crap.
            Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

Just remember...She is Ummahat-al-Momineen...Mother of the believers...

If someone tried to disredit your mother, would you believe them? Would you believe if someone came to you and said, your mother is such and such?

No beloved son or daughter of their parents can believe that...

So drop whatever you are reading or you too will be sucked into believing bad things about the most noblest of people and end up cursing and abusing those nobles that died almost 1,500 years ago...

What you have probably been reading is Shia stuff...They like cursing dead people especially if they helped the Holy Prophet :saw: in his mission of spreading Islam...
              Focus not on who you are but what you do...
              ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

There was an ayah revealed for her piousness, for me that fact alone is enough to respect her.
                Q. What do you get from a pampered cow?
                A. Spoiled milk.

Comment

Please read the first post again. The poster asked general questions based on Islamic history, There is no question of sectarianism.

I believe these question can come into one's mind after studying sunni books and traditions

If you find it hard to find these question let me summerize it for you.

- but you also hear stories about how she was such a jealous woman, especially about Khadija

- and please, please correct me if i'm wrong...but isn't she a big part of the divide that came in the ummah at the time of Ali as well?

- and i just remember hearing other stories about her behavior as well

i understand that she was an extremely pious woman, and i also realize she was only human...i just feel like a woman in her posistion of the Prophet's wife could have carried herself better in certain situations
                  These questions have been asked in honest pursuit of answer based on proper knowledge of Islamic history

Please read the questions and answer them accordingly, instead of inventing side questions and fighting over them

Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFi...ar_Yasir_Qadhi

scroll down to the lecture called "slander against aisha"

shoutl insha'Allaah clarify alot.

He is Masha'Allaah a very good talker and explains in full detail no matter what the subject.

i rmbr he was asked a question about jinns and he gave abt a 40 min answer.

Comment

Thank You Salafi Bro. There are good lectures on that site from other Ullema and sheikhs.
                      [edited]

[This is not a shia sunni thread, Please stick to answering the original questions.]
                      Last edited by Ma Mooli; Jan 30, 2006, 04:22 PM.

Comment

yeh i know. i was just put that link on for those that made it a sunni'shia thread.

I cant really answer the question as this is the 1st time iv come acroos it. maybe if the bro/sis gave examples of when she did get jealous or any situation that he is on abt then maybe we could give a good answer and also so one can verify the info.

Comment

Originally posted by faisal as salafi
                          http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFi...ar_Yasir_Qadhi

scroll down to the lecture called "slander against aisha"

shoutl insha'Allaah clarify alot.

He is Masha'Allaah a very good talker and explains in full detail no matter what the subject.

i rmbr he was asked a question about jinns and he gave abt a 40 min answer.
                          I just heard the whole lecture...What an amazing speaker ...It was long, but really worth it...So many lessons from it, ...

One lesson I would like to share that I learnt from his lecture:

Riba (Interest, usury) has 72 levels...And the lowest of those levels is as fornicating with one's own mother...

And the highest level is speaking bad about the honour of a Muslim brother...

Something to ponder upon...Something to grow upon and become wiser upon...If only we had the wisdom to grow out of our ignorance...
                          Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                          ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Good questions 714. I always wondered the same thing. As for the whole jealousy bit, I suppose it shows us that polygamy is no easy task AT ALL. And that even the most pious woman might not be able to handle polygamy so well. And that not all men will be able to manage more than one woman.

What did Abu Bakr (R) do to Fatima (R) ?
                            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

I have just one question for all the so called inauistive minds..What purpose does it serve to ask these questions?

Ayesha (r) was a pious woman. If you think otherwise, you are questioning the judgement of none other than Muhammad:saw:. I dont know about you guys, but I dont question His judgements and acts.
                              Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X