Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authentic Shia Book/writers

Assalam o Alaikum

Can shia friends here list some authentic shia books/ and also names of some of the more authentic shia scholars-writers...

I am asking this because many times when sunnis quote some shia schoar ..shias simply reply is they are r not authentic....

So in order to have more harmony/ gathering of information from authentic sources....i would request my shia friends here to provide me the above mentioned information...

PLz only reply if you can contribute some information here.....

WAsalam
    لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
    BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Re: Authentic Shia Book/writers

authentic is as authentic does

apart from the quran there is no sigular authentic book in shia literature. each and every book is recognised as work of research/collections from all possible sources done by respective scholars in trying times but very much open to critical evaluation and re-evaluation by those who study them. But general classical collection, none of which is sahih or authentic, includes manla yahzurul faqih, kafi's of usool, furoo etc.

Comment

^^ So where can we find exact shia defination of islam/shia interpretation of islam.....
      what in your opinion is authentic / reliable interpretation of quran/islam....??
      لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة

Comment

^ our mujtahids.
        O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Comment

NAme some recent mujtahids...thier work..and book names
          لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة

Comment

Still no answer ?

Why are shias so reluctant ?
            لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة

Comment

I wanna know too, do Shi'ites have any set Hadeeth/Sunnah books of the Prophet :saw: and the Imams?

I know you may have Mujtahids but where do they get their knowledge from? Are they divinely guided and always right like the Prophet :saw: and the Imams? Surely you can’t believe anything and everything some Mullah Tom, Mullah Dick or Mullah Harry says?

Surely you can't follow books which may or may not be right because there's no chain of narration and no way of distinguising the forged/weak from the authentic?

Is there any transparency in the rulings Shi’ah Mujtahid Imams pass (like what they based their fatwa on)?

I know 12ers are different but blind following anyone can lead to all sorts of sins and mistakes which are most prominent amongst Agha Khanis who also claim to follow Ahle Bait.

Comment

Be patient and the two of you will get your answers, insha'Allah.

Comment

No one book is considered 100% accurate or sahi if any book or a hadeeth from any book goes against the teaching of quran then that ahadith is rejected in its entirety.

The four books which are considered very reliable but still not 100% accurate are AlTahzeeb , Alkafi , AlIsTibSar , mun la YahDuruhul Faqih.

Now the next question will be if they are not 100% accurate where can we find the exact shia interpretation of islam.

To that my response is that even though the siha sitta are considered to be sahi but I can quote quiet a few ahadith from those books which a lot of you will claim to be false, so how do we get the exact sunni interpretation of Islam??

Comment

Let me make it more clear

Suppose i am interested in shia version of islam and live in a far of place where no shia mujtahid/Alim can be found, so what sources you would recommend me that will be the authentic interpretation of shia belief.

If i remeber correctly Khomeni sahib named Allama Tabrisee's books as very authentic.is it correct?

Lajawab-

What i know is that shias do have huffaz but in very low numbers, reasons differ (there is difference between what some shia books make us believe and what some shia says----i will take what shia's say)
                    لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة

Comment

Originally posted by Curious One
                      No one book is considered 100% accurate or sahi if any book or a hadeeth from any book goes against the teaching of quran then that ahadith is rejected in its entirety.

The four books which are considered very reliable but still not 100% accurate are AlTahzeeb , Alkafi , AlIsTibSar , mun la YahDuruhul Faqih.

Now the next question will be if they are not 100% accurate where can we find the exact shia interpretation of islam.

To that my response is that even though the siha sitta are considered to be sahi but I can quote quiet a few ahadith from those books which a lot of you will claim to be false, so how do we get the exact sunni interpretation of Islam??
                      Thanks for replying bro,

Like Sunnis do Shi’ites have any sort of Ahadeeth Sciences and any way (other than contradicting with Qur’aan) of verifying whether a Hadith is Saheeh or not? Are Hadith’s categorised like Sunnis categorise some to be forged/fake others to be weak, others to be from someone with an unreliable memory and others to be authentic.

And where does Nahj al-Balaaghah fit in? Is it all authentic or does it have some weak stuff?

Who recorded the Shi’ite Ahadeeth and where did they get them from?

Comment

*bump*

Comment

www.sistani.org

also you can buy The Collection & Preservation of Quran by Ayatullah Khoei from http://www.al-khoei.org/catalog/defa...acturers_id=17

if you have some time take a look at www.al-islam.org

Comment

Originally posted by Faruk Khan
                            I wanna know too, do Shi'ites have any set Hadeeth/Sunnah books of the Prophet :saw: and the Imams?
                            Sources: Quran, Hadith books, Nahjul Balagha, Mujtahids.

Check here for A-Z of our main sources. http://al-islam.org/alpha.php

I know you may have Mujtahids but where do they get their knowledge from?
                            Years and years of Study. They dedicate thier whole lives to it. Your average joey cannot become a mujtihad like that, it requires a lifetime dedication and comes with extremely high responisbility.
                            Are they divinely guided and always right like the Prophet :saw: and the Imams?
                            They are pious but not masoom if thats what you mean. And no, they do not recieve wahi.

Surely you can't follow books which may or may not be right because there's no chain of narration and no way of distinguising the forged/weak from the authentic?

Is there any transparency in the rulings Shi’ah Mujtahid Imams pass (like what they based their fatwa on)?

Im not sure what you mean. Please clarify.

I know 12ers are different but blind following anyone can lead to all sorts of sins and mistakes which are most prominent amongst Agha Khanis who also claim to follow Ahle Bait.
                            Here you go. I could've sworn i was repeating myself.

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showpost....&postcount=103

And where does Nahj al-Balaaghah fit in? Is it all authentic or does it have some weak stuff?

Who recorded the Shi’ite Ahadeeth and where did they get them from?
                            Nahj ul balagha are collected sermons of Imam Ali given throughout his life time(as).

The Imams narrated many ahadiths, with the chain going from their father back up to their grandfather, the Prophet (saw).
                            Last edited by Ma Mooli; Apr 7, 2006, 11:48 AM.
                            O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Comment

Working...
                            X