Young Sheikh Gaining Popularity Among Palestinians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young Sheikh Gaining Popularity Among Palestinians

I thought this kid was rather cute, and its amazing what he is able to come up with - considering he is a mere child, yet is more intelligent and is a more positive role model than so many adults of our day!

By Yasser El-Banna, IOL Correspondent

GAZA CITY, June 4, 2005 (IslamOnline.net) – Though he is only 13 years old, Amjad Abu Sido's mastery of standard Arabic, memorization of most of the Noble Qur’an and many of Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) sayings as well as his moving sermons have deservedly earned him the title of sheikh.

In recent months, Palestinians have been coming in droves to Gaza mosques to listen to the inspiring words of the young preacher, encouraging him to stay the course.

Wearing the traditional white turban and long robe, Abu Sido cannot help but stand in awe of the admiration and confidence many Palestinians have placed in him.

“I was a bit nervous and embarrassed when I spoke to a crowd of Palestinian worshipers of different ages for the first time at Al-Rahman mosque, but thank God my three-minute sermon appealed to them,” he told IslamOnline.net.

The eighth-grade student discovered his talent one year ago, when one of his classmates asked him to deliver a short article he wrote at a school occasion.

Since then, Abu Sido has polished up his skill with full backing from his parents and family, delivering sermons so far in up to 40 mosques across the Gaza Strip.

Role Model

Late Egyptian preacher Abdel Hamid Kishk has left his indelible mark on the young sheikh.

“I’m deeply inspired by Sheikh Kish and it is no secret that I always try to imitate his mannerism and listen attentively to his lectures and sermons,” Abu Sido told IOL.

“I admire Sheikh Kishk for his profound knowledge of Shari’ah and his outspoken approach,” he added.

“He really preaches from the bottom of his heart, that’s why he continues to inspire so many people” long years after his death.

Abu Sido has downloaded dozens of Kishk’s sermons from Islamic Web sites, spending his day listening to his favorite preacher.

He is also trying to model himself after Kishk’s patience and affectionate feeling for others.

Difficulties

Popular as he is, Abu Sido is keen on living his childhood with his peers.

Despite his soaring popularity among Palestinian worshipers, Abu Sido occasionally runs into trouble with some of them.

He recalls that one time he was preaching in a mosque in northern Gaza Strip when one of the worshipers stopped him after he made few grammatical mistakes.

In another incident, a mosque's muezzin (who calls for prayer) refused to give him a microphone for every one to be able to hear his sermon.

"Some elders just do not like me," Abu Sido told IOL.

The young preacher hopes to join the Islamic Call college to pursue his preaching career academically.

"I know read my sermons to linguists beforehand to avoid making any grammatical errors."

A Child Still

Abu Sido said it unnerves him when some media claim that the belonged to Palestinian factions.

The Israeli Jerusalem Post has recently described him as a talented Hamas member.

"I like to remain independent to pursue my preaching mission," he told IOL.

Popular as he is, Abu Sido is keen on living his childhood with his peers.

“I have a lot of friends and often go with them to enjoy ourselves. I’m still a child after all,” he said with a loud laugh.

source
    "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Re: Young Sheikh Gaining Popularity Among Palestinians

AFREEN!! AFREEN!

MASHALLAH!

its not right if we call him a child , mashallah he is a alim-e-deen now,

a 13 year old sheikh mashallah!!

i m really ashamed of my self!!!
    REGARDS,
    IBN_KHATTAB

LIFE IS LIKE A SHEETS OF DRIVEN SNOW,BE CAREFUL HOW YOU STEP ON,
    FOR EVERY MARK WILL SHOW!!!

Comment

Well I wasnt calling him a child - he is just a child- age wise. Dont be ashamed of yourself, I guess we can always better ourselves. Sadly we dont always take the chance.

Comment

MQ, there is a saying in Farsi which goes:

Shaoor, aqal-us, naa basaal,
        Tavangari, Dil-us, naa bamaal...

Which mean wisdom comes from intelligence, not years and generosity comes from the heart, not from the wallet...

Amazing...If the Zionists leave him alive, :insha: he'll grow up to be a great man...
        Focus not on who you are but what you do...
        ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Thats a lovely quote lajjo. I couldnt agree more. And yeah I like this child, I hope he is able to make something of his life. But alas some idiots will always be in his way.

Comment

Tavangari, Dil-us, naa bamaal

always my favorite..

thanks for sharing Lajjo.
            Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Working...
            X