This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious freedom in Saudi Arabia

If Islam protects the rights of minorities, why Muslims do not protest against the religious intolerance in Saudi Arabia….in the most sacred land of Islam?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5...1600060001.htm

Two Indians among eight Christians arrested in Saudi Arabia

Eight Protestant Christians, including two Indians, have been arrested in Saudi Arabia, the Rome-based religious news agency Asianews has reported.

The Saudi religious police, the Muttawa, arrested an evangelical Christian from India who was in Saudi Arabia on a tourist visa and seized a Bible and addresses, which led to the arrest of seven other members of an evangelical Protestant group, the institute said on Wednesday.

Also arrested were Vijay Kumar, 45, from India, an immigrant worker in Saudi Arabia since 1994 whose apartment was used for Christian meetings, said the Asianews web site, which is run by the Pontifical Institute for Foreign Missions.
    On April 23, the Muttawa arrested 40 Pakistani nationals for celebrating a Catholic mass in a private house.

All forms of non-Muslim worship are banned in Saudi Arabia, which is home to Islam's holiest shrines.

Re: Religious freedom in Saudi Arabia

Originally posted by anjjan
    If Islam protects the rights of minorities, why Muslims do not protest against the religious intolerance in Saudi Arabia….in the most sacred land of Islam?
    Paisa baree thakath hai baba....PetroDollars make all the difference....

Comment

Subhanallah, I do not know why there should be any disturbance or criticism about this.

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) actually ordered all infidels/kafirs to be kicked out of the Arabian Peninsula... so the criticism should be as to why Saudi Arabia allows these people to come to Saudi Arabia, not why they are disallowed to practice their religion. By Allah, they should never be allowed to enter the Holy Arabian Peninsula, so baring them from worshipping their false taghuts is not a big deal, and is a step in the right direction.

Comment

^ restriction is only for two holy cities. i.e mecca and madina. Other wise Saudi Araibia does not bar people of other faiths from entering in the country

Suadi intollorance has nothing to do with Islam, Just like Turkish attroticities on faithful muslims has nothing to do with Islam. Both countries are criticised pretty regularly.

It is traditional monarchy. At least Non-muslims are not barred from driving, but muslim women are !
        Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

^ SPeaking of criticism, today Condi Rice should be coming out and mentioning the worst country in the world in sex trade is Saudi Arabia.
          Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Originally posted by Code_Red
            ^ restriction is only for two holy cities. i.e mecca and madina. Other wise Saudi Araibia does not bar people of other faiths from entering in the country
            Restriciton is for Masjid Haram, Mecca. Nuthin to do with Medina.

Comment

What about slavery system flourishing in Saudi Arab? Women r being trafficed from poor countries, and made house servents plus as 'londis' (sex salves)???

Someone wants to challenge these reports?
              Compulsory course for fundos: Gitmo Diversity training

Comment

Wait and see how the Mullah brigade jumps so high defending Saudis. Saudis are animals. Their days are numbered unless they change their ways.

You shouldn't say freedom. And Saudi Arabia in the same sentence.

Comment

^^ they would provide all justification for slaves

In Karachi, I once talked to a JI Nazim of my area. The guy was engineer from Dawood college(a dumb college, neverthless, but he was engineer, mind it). I was in matric, i guess. He was trying to convince me of the benefits of slavery. He told me, "look, how blacks r treated in west. Wouldn't it be better if they r made slaves, and their due rights restored?"

This reflects the retards, who become nazims of Jmaat-e-Islami in Karachi. That is one reason, i was in jolly mood, when I heard Aslam Mujahid was killed.

Comment

Saudi is a corrupt monarchy where all kinds of crimes take place by the royal idiots but i cannot see how these secualr idiots on guppshup complaining about sex slaves when they are the ones residing in the United Snakes where women can be bought and sold for a few dollars hypocrisy just smacked a hammer on thier heads.

As for the topic of religious freedom this shows clearly the double standards of western politics and policy. They claim they want to implement freedom and hypocrisy sorry i mean democracy saudi arabia is convenient tool for the yanks and brits oil is flowing so issue of freedom and in this case religous freedom is kept away hidden and not on the agenda yet in other nations it will be used this is typical from capitalists they use the words democracy and freedom as nice words and only when it if benefit for them that is why it is bankrupt and crazy to implement there corrupt systems.
                    Last edited by ak47; Jun 4, 2005, 04:55 AM.

Comment

^^

1. I want to know where women r freely sold in USA. Maybe I would visit the slavery camp once

2. Yes, Saudi Kingdom is supported by USA and UK, and this is wrong. Many ppl, including myself, oppose this policy.

Comment

Originally posted by anjjan
                        You have to be there to really understand how it works. They don't like any gatherings of any kind with a (for the lack of words) corporate type agenda. If muslims are getting together for a debate about muslim subjects at hand - they will be seized and probably deported right away.
                        The number of saudis are xtremely limited when compared to the foreign public. In order to maintain peace they do not allow any get together with political / religious agenda.
                        It has nothing to do with islam, its just the way things are done there.
                        Is it right / wrong is another debate. They have developed a society which seems to be working for them (anybody who has worked there, will no doubt will love to go back and stay there). why change if it ain't broken?

Another thing worth mentioning is that just like N.American are very ignorant (and naive) of what is happening in the world - Virtually everyone else in Saudia is also naive about what people outside think.

There are more people from Philipines and India than from muslim countries when I left from there. The average dream of having two kids and living happily with the family does come true over there (since you dont' have to deal with drugs, sex and similar type issues for your kids).

Just my 2c
                        [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceMS
                          You have to be there to really understand how it works. They don't like any gatherings of any kind with a (for the lack of words) corporate type agenda. If muslims are getting together for a debate about muslim subjects at hand - they will be seized and probably deported right away.
                          The number of saudis are xtremely limited when compared to the foreign public. In order to maintain peace they do not allow any get together with political / religious agenda..............
                          I read and think how Jihadis find reasons to oppose Indian Govt in Kashmir...Muslims there make gatherings, participate in demonstrations etc.....I think many Govts have a lot to learn from Islamic Kingdome of Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Originally posted by fartguru
                            Restriciton is for Masjid Haram, Mecca. Nuthin to do with Medina.
                            I think it may refer to the 'Hijaz' region, which encapsulates Mecca and Medina.
                            "Before you visit Mecca it beckons to you, when you leave it behind, it calls to you forever."

Comment

Originally posted by Starsky
                              I think it may refer to the 'Hijaz' region, which encapsulates Mecca and Medina.
                              Quranic ayath refers to Haram Sharif only, while different schools of thoughts hv different interpertations. Hijaz restriciton is for Shafi school of thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X