Nikkah registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikkah registration

I just popped in to ask if it is necessary 2 register one's nikkah papers.... and/or is the marriage valid if they are not registered??
    I'm sweet like honey, but sting like a bee!

It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not...

Re: Nikkah registration

Consummate marriage, and u r ,married !
    Compulsory course for fundos: Gitmo Diversity training

Comment

your marriage is valid if you had your nikah done the proper way (in front of witnesses, saying you have accepted the marriage, etc.) regardless of whether you got the nikah papers registered or not. registration and all are legal matters and you probably want to do it to get spousal benefits.

Comment

Also, in most Muslim countries registering the papers is important so that the state is aware that you're married and for the legal system to treat you as such.
        Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
        Al-Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT
          Also, in most Muslim countries registering the papers is important so that the state is aware that you're married and for the legal system to treat you as such.
          Without papers, women can get killed in the name of honor !

Comment

Yeah...you should get the papers registered. So no one can screw you over.

Please dont tell me your husband or family is telling you to not register the papers?
            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

if marriage is principally considered to be a contract in Islam, wouldnt not registering it make it void? a contract is supposed to have legal status, and it is supposed to be enforceable.

the same with those who do polygamy in western countries by having other wives as merely a token contract nikah with no legal significance, how is that islamically allowed when that contract has no significance at all?
              Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

hain? they do that?

I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

i've heard of it happening in some canadian pakistanis, although i forget if they were people my friends knew or i read about on GS
                  Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

heyy!!! I just asked a question.......... my papers are registered
                    I'm sweet like honey, but sting like a bee!

It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not...

Comment

Originally posted by blushing_vision
                      heyy!!! I just asked a question.......... my papers are registered
                      we now pronounce you as wife and man

Comment

Working...
                      X