Islaamic isolation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islaamic isolation?

ok after avoiding this forum for a long long time here i go again. Please behave yourselves as this is a serious question without any malice.

i want to ask abt muslims keeping "others" away from their holy places. I mean, in christianity, they WANT others to see and experience their holy places, maybe it will convert them or at the very least make more understanding between differing religions. Dont you think this is a good thing, to educate "others" about the peace and beauty of your religion? esp now with so much misunderstanding about Islaam. The people who would venture into the holy places of others have no malice either, I'm sure there would be respect...

Having a jew or a christian see the Mecca and hearing the prayer man would be educational and inspirational, not a defilement of a holy shrine.

what do you think?

Re: Islaamic isolation?

^ Perhaps its a lack of trust as far as Mecca is concerned.

"others" are more than welcome in almost all other mosques.
    "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

M_Q - as a white woman going with her family to Mosque - no, they aren't. Practically barred and asked to leave. Only when my husband stepped in that I was "conditionally" let in. Not welcoming at all and not a situation I am going to repeat anytime soon either..
      "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
      Someday we gonna dance with those lions
      Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

custodians of mecca are from one specific tribe and it is inherited ?

Comment

Originally posted by minah_pa
          M_Q - as a white woman going with her family to Mosque - no, they aren't. Practically barred and asked to leave. Only when my husband stepped in that I was "conditionally" let in. Not welcoming at all and not a situation I am going to repeat anytime soon either..
          Really? I am shocked to say the least! Good Lord , where do you live!

Honestly I have no clue as to why such a thing happened to you. All I know is here (in Canada) all the mosques I have visited (mind you there have been plenty) non Muslims are encouraged to come and see and experience and so on. I have taken friends myself, during prayers, Ramadan, Eid. And they were made to welcome more than the rest especially because they were non Muslims.

In fact events are organized where school aged children can go and visit as 'school trips.'

Really Im confused as to why you were treated in such a way?

I say you should move!
          "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

My teacher once came to our mosque and the way the mullah treated him was shameful, seedhey moun baat tak nahein ki and this teacher of mine was considering conversion at the time, imagine what sort of an impression that would have left on him? These kuttaey mullahs piss me off, jaahils, i've got respect for the proper religious molvis but these fake greedy actors living of the dole are kuttey and shud be deported back to india pakistan.

even brit imams are no better because the scholarly institutions are run by fobs who teach less religion and more irrelevant stuff like persian and urdu.

sum mosques are cool though and welcome non-muslims, a few mosques have opned their doors to local schools, kids and teachers have come down, performed wudhu and prayed nafl salaah lead by one of the muslim students.

as for mecca and medina, that's different, it's not a tourist resort it's a place of pilgrimage.

Comment

Mamaji, in about 10 years, Mecca and Madina will be capital of Israel. Every one will be allowed to visit there. Inshallah.

Did you know that under Jordanian occupation, up till 1967, Jews could not go to the Western Wall, Temple Mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee
                Mamaji, in about 10 years, Mecca and Madina will be capital of Israel. Every one will be allowed to visit there. Inshallah.

Did you know that under Jordanian occupation, up till 1967, Jews could not go to the Western Wall, Temple Mount.
                Madhu, your pants are on fire...

During the Usmania Khilafat the signs in what is now occupied Palestine, were always in three languages...Arabic, English and Hebrew so that pilgrims from all faiths could visit easily...

And anyways, if what you say is true, then what happened when they were allowed to settle in numbers...Grief to this day...
                Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Lajo, Of course it is true, and I am surprised that you wouldn’t know that. I am not talking about the Ottoman, but the Jordanians who had control of the West Bank, and didn't allow Jews to worship at the Western Wall.

Comment

Lajo, Of course it is true, and I am surprised that you wouldn’t know that. I am not talking about the Ottoman, but the Jordanians who had control of the West Bank, and didn't allow Jews to worship at the Western Wall.
                    Can you at least provide a link so I can verify as to this inhuman brutality unleashed by the Muslims on the hapless Jews was written correctly historically...

Comment

Lajo can you provide me a link that Pakistan is India's neighbor to the North and West.

Comment

Lajo can you provide me a link that Pakistan is India's neighbor to the North and West.
                        I can, but that's not the answer to my question...If you don't wanna do it, a simple no would've sufficed...

Comment

Here you go Lajo…

>>>When the United Kingdom took control of the land in 1917 under General Edmund Allenby, Jews were still allowed to stand by the wall and utter their prayers. However during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the area near the wall was taken over by Arab Legion of the army of Jordan. Jews were denied access to the wall, and building were constructed with a few meters of the wall. During the 1967 Six Day War, Israel brought the wall under complete Jewish control for the first time in 2,000 years.<<<<

Read the full link here:

http://www.worldhistory.com/wiki/W/Western-Wall.htm

Comment

I believe there is a sound reasoning behind barring the non-Muslims from entering Mecca and Madina.

Other than that, I see non-Muslims entering the mosques in my area and no one has any issues with it.

In fact, one of the mosques in my area holds open house for non-Muslims on a regular basis.

If I can, I'll try to find out the reasoning behind barring non-Muslims from entering Mecca and Madina, insha'Allah.

Comment

Here you go Lajo…

>>>When the United Kingdom took control of the land in 1917 under General Edmund Allenby, Jews were still allowed to stand by the wall and utter their prayers. However during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the area near the wall was taken over by Arab Legion of the army of Jordan. Jews were denied access to the wall, and building were constructed with a few meters of the wall. During the 1967 Six Day War, Israel brought the wall under complete Jewish control for the first time in 2,000 years.<<<<

Read the full link here:

http://www.worldhistory.com/wiki/W/Western-Wall.htm
                              So you expect, that during the war, when bullets are flying and bombs are dropping, you expect the Arab Legion army to let in visitors, who could well be Jewish spies or soldiers, to visit the wall...Wah...

At least the wall and the Jewish synanogues were kept in good shape unlike the the Crusaders who used synagogues and Masajids as stables...

What have the modern day crusaders done in Fallujah, the city of Masajids...What have your brothers in faith done to the Babri Masjid in Hindustan...What happened to the Masjids in Bosnia and I can bring you many links from Christian websites in which they openly talk about bombing and destroying both Makkah and Madina...

Ever heard of a Muslim talking about desecrating, insulting, abusing, destroying anything sacred of anyone's on any Islamic websites?

And you are bringing up something which was done for some days during a war...

y 1517 Islamic Ottoman Empire under Selim I took the land of what was once ancient Israel and Judea from the Egyptian Mamelukes (1250-1517). Turkey had a benevolent attitude towards the Jews, having welcomed thousands of Jewish refugees who had recently been expelled from Spain by Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella of Castile in 1492. The Turkish Sultan, Suleiman the Magnificent, was so taken with Jerusalem and its plight that he ordered that a magnificent surrounding fortress-wall built around the entire city (which was not that large at that time.) This wall still stands and can be seen by all today.
                              Don't forget, it is not often that Muslim niceties are mentioned in western circles...Why don't you mention that, like the one above?

Madhu, why do you hate Muslims so much? We are not an arrogant people, just unswerving in our beliefs...That, people mistake for pride...

Comment

Working...
                              X