• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rights of Hindu Women Vs Muslim Women

Rights of Hindu Women VS Muslim Women

I seek refuge in GOD, from Satan the rejected

In the name of GOD, Most Gracious and Most Merciful

The position of women in Islam is being attacked continuously by many groups or individuals who belong to all kinds of religions and/or no religion at all. All these attacks stem from the falsely presented image of women and their rights in the books of Hadiths and Sunna. These books that were written 200 years after the death of the prophet Muhammed and against his wish and orders contained alleged sayings of the prophet that contradict the clear teachings of the Quran, the ONLY book delivered by the prophet Muhammed from God almighty.

While the Quran, the true word of God, treat the women on equal basis with man and give them the rights that were not known in the civilized world until recently, the Hadiths books stripped many of these rights from the women. These books do not represent Islam or God but rather represent the biased and corrupted opinion of the scholars who wrote these books and falsely attributed them to the prophet Muhammed. Please see our section on Hadiths in Islam, click here.

The "traditional" Muslims have themselves to blame for this incorrect picture of Islam and therefore, as you will find out on our web site we are defending Islam that is represented by the ONLY book delivered by the prophet Muhammed. All the insults, degrading and condemnation of women that is found in other books do not represent the TRUE Islam (Submission) or the message of the prophet Muhammed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Hindus/sects make a big campaign that Islam restricts the freedom of women. Let us compare the positions of the Hindu woman and the Muslim woman. These are based on practices and beliefs known to still exist widely within the large number of Hindu castes and sects, independent of the country laws that deal with them. See the following facts for comparison . You be the judge.

The Hindu Woman:
    1. The laws and rights of marriage and divorce (if at all) are undefined or varied for the Hindu Woman leaving her with none or very little advantage.

2. The same applies for property or inheritance rights. Males make and absorb all claims.

3. Choice of partner is limited because she can only marry within her own caste; moreover her horoscope must match that of the intending bridegroom/family.

4. The family of the girl has to offer an enormous dowry to the bridegroom/family.

5. If her husband dies she loses value in the family/society. Sati (being cremated with her dead husband) is a possible exit/recommendation. Since today's law forbids Sati, society mainly punishes her in other "holy" ways (see below).

6. Remarriage is a big problem.

7. The widow is considered to be a curse and must not be seen in public. She cannot wear jewelry or colourful clothes. (She may not even take part in her children's marriage!)

8. Child and infant marriage is encouraged.

9. A woman is brought up to believe that she must look upon her husband as a god (Pati Parmeshwar).

The Muslim Woman:
    "Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to
    reward any worker among you for any
    work you do, be you MALE OR FEMALE,
    YOU ARE EQUAL TO ONE ANOTHER..."

Quran 3:195

1.The Muslim woman has the same right as the Muslim man in all matters including divorce.Quran 3:195

2. She enjoys property and inheritance rights. (Which other religion grants women these rights?). She can also conduct her own separate business.Quran 4:7

3. She can marry any Muslim of her choice. If her parents choose a partner for her, her consent must be taken. Quran 4:24-25

4. The dowry in Islam is a gift from a husband to his wife .Quran 4:4

5. A Muslim widow is allowed to remarry, and her remarriage is the responsibility of the Muslim society. Quran 2:234

6.Mixed marriage is encouraged and is a mean to prevent racism creeping in society.Quran 4:25

7. A Muslim mother (and father) is given the highest form of respect. Quran 17:23

8. Marriage is between consenting adults. Since marriage is a more significant institution than a financial one which needs maturity, see 4:6. Maturity and understanding is required for marriage as much.

9.God teaches clearly in the Quran "...do not reverence human beings; you shall reverence Me (God) instead...." Quran 5:44, 9:18

The Hindus are trying to claim that Muslims do not give freedom to their women. You be the judge.

http://www.submission.org/women/hindu.html
    I'm sweet like honey, but sting like a bee!

It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not...

Re: Rights of Hindu Women Vs Muslim Women

nothing to do with religen muslim women in india have more freedom than women
    in afganistan or pakistan.

Comment

Are all muslim scholars inherently this stupid?
      Now repeat after me...."Jeter is the prophet and Rivera is the savior"

Comment

this is the same web site that calls the sunnah a 'satanic innovation' and says it is 'shirk' to send salawat on the Prophet (saw)

Comment

B_vision…do not confuse people of what is written in Quran. I want to know what happens in practical.

Do Muslim men bear a Burqa? Is woman’ witness equal to man’ witness in a court of law?
          Re,…divorce…..can a woman divorce the way freedom is given to Muslim man.

Can a Muslim woman have four husbands at a time?

How many Muslim women you know who could say ‘No’ to a Qazi at marriage ceremony?

Re your grievances for Hindu woman….your all allegations are correct but the Law does not recognize any of them?
          And in practical life the Hindu woman has progressed a lot from your version.

Comment

anjjan

Muslim men dont wear a burqa, but they are todl to dress modestly, act modestly i.e. lower their gaze just lilke women. There are reasons for a womans witness not being equal to a mans, n yes women can divorse, just a different procedure.

why would any woman in her right mind wanna have four husbands? unlike other religions, Islam is rational

If a woman was gonna say "no" to a qazi why would she go through the wedding anyways? Thats like a runaway bride, muslim women have the right to marry whoever they lilke because of stupid indian culture some r still forced into marriages
            Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Comment

i love my hindu friends, i really do n i wouldnt want to offend them but now that you are defending hindu woman, i wanna know why do the women have to do all the religious fasts and etc? like fasting for her husband or doing pooja for her brother n stuff liek that..why doesnt the husband ever fast for the wife?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinstripe Danda
                Are all muslim scholars inherently this stupid?
                do u get this from ur parents or did u develop this overtime?

Comment

Well, in Islamic states there have been instances when the wife hired killers to get rid of her husband, as there was no other way thru law.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tikhi Jalebi~
                    i love my hindu friends, i really do n i wouldnt want to offend them but now that you are defending hindu woman, i wanna know why do the women have to do all the religious fasts and etc? like fasting for her husband or doing pooja for her brother n stuff liek that..why doesnt the husband ever fast for the wife?
                    Good question...I also do not understand, why a hindu woman must fast for her male companions, whereas a Hindu man is not supposed to do it.
                    In person, I do not understand this fast thesis.

Comment

Originally posted by anjjan
                      Well, in Islamic states there have been instances when the wife hired killers to get rid of her husband, as there was no other way thru law.
                      Examples and proofs are often needed when presenting a case about something...Otherwise everything will seem like the government run American media...
                      Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                      ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

http://www.zan.org/news19.html

'Desperation driving wives to murder husbands Restrictive divorce laws lead some Iranian women to kill to escape abusive spouses.'

Lajwab...make some efforts and you will find many such examples in other sacred states.

Comment

^ and you are saying women in other cultures/religions arent abused to the point where they catn do anything else? If a woman isnt strong enough to take a stand for her right, then dont blame the religion for it. The rights are there, if someone chooses to stay opressed then its their fault.

Comment

he he.. funny.. do u think Hindu women are all these.. really.. .. come on guys.. give me a break.
                            u dont think hindu women dont have inheritance right.. thats BS. She has equal share of her parents wealth.
                            Then child marriages. Its not a religious matter. Dont the muslim marry off their young once.. They even marry off their little once to wealthy old ugly arab.
                            These are mainly due to ignorence rather than anything else. Dont bring religion into it now.
                            Hindu worship goddesses.. The creater in hinduism doesnt have a gender but is always refered to us Shakthi. The power. The name shakti is also given to the wife of Siva. Its only a women who can create not men.( i am not sure about the religious point, but that is how my mother taught me)
                            In the region where I used to live we used to have matriarchial society. Man gets married into the wifes house, not the other way round.
                            And about Dowry.. come on Muslims also give a lot of dowry. They never ask .. but they only marry where they can get a lots of it from bride side. ´
                            Its also nothing to do with religion. It should be more now like social norm. To show off the wealth of the parents. Its not again related to one religion.
                            Reality is quite different from what books preach my dear.
                            And the most wonderfull thing is about taking fast .. nobody forces the fasting to take place.. if the wife is religious and believes in such thing she does it.. otherwise nobody force her. Or atleast that is how i have seen it. And also thats not a taboo to fast for ur husband or for that matter to get a good husband or whatever.
                            Last edited by vineshvk; May 29, 2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

"muslim women" and "rights" in the same sentence?

Comment

Working...
                              X