Khuda Hafiz vs Allah Hafiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khuda Hafiz vs Allah Hafiz

What is the difference between saying Khuda Hafiz and Allah Hafiz? Some people say that you shouldn't say Khuda Hafiz but rather Allah Hafiz. Isn't it the samething?
    Tere naam humne kiya hai jeevan apna saara sanam
    Pyaar bahut karte hai tumse,
    Ishq hai tu hamaara sanam...

Re: Khuda Hafiz vs Allah Hafiz

stick to Assalamu Alaikum. That ends all the issues. Plus theres a thread about this somewhere here. Lemme see if I can find it.

here and more
    "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

Khuda is more indian and Allah is more arabic. thats all.

Now where is the hadith and tafsir commitee?

Lets see if I can add some graphic effects to my post. What say you Queen
      Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

this is really blown out of proportion, as things normally r by asians back home and abroad believe it or not. it really doesn't make a ounce of difference if u say khuda hafiz or allah hafiz. as khuda also means the almighty so i don't c why some ppl create so much fuss???

secondly those 'people' who tell you dat it's best to say allah hafiz instead of khuda hafiz, go tell them the correct arabic term for god is ilah and not allah. inna amalo biniyaat is all it comes down to.

peace

Comment

God has 99 or 100 names or something I didnt see Khuda in it. So it must be indian thing. One thing I dont understand is that why indian muslims dont feel proud of their heritage and try to associate themselves with their arab brethren, I wonder if indonesian musli's do the same.
          Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Verizon Sahib: If you get out of indian Vs Arabic thing, you will know that Khudaa is a word for God in Farsi (persian)

Personally, I stick to and for these bear rewards according to ahaadeeth.

I normally stay away from using Khuda Hafiz and prefer Allah Hafiz over it.
            Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Salaam,

Allah hafiz is a new phenomena within our society.

I stick to Khuda hafiz because Khuda is the most common word used for Allah (swt) throughout our Urdu literature/history.

Why dont we start calling Namaaz a "Salaat"? and why not Roza a "Soam". Thats just not ours!

Use whatever u feel comfortable with.

Comment

it doesnt really matter if u say allah hafiz or khuda hafiz.. theres no difference between allah and khuda. I prefer sayin "fe amaanullah" or "Allah Hafiz o nasir".
                Patta patta boota boota haal hamaara jaane hai
                Jaane na jaane gul he na jaane, baagh to saara jaane hai

Comment

Originally posted by #let uz chat#
                  this is really blown out of proportion, as things normally r by asians back home and abroad believe it or not. it really doesn't make a ounce of difference if u say khuda hafiz or allah hafiz. as khuda also means the almighty so i don't c why some ppl create so much fuss???
                  ya i agree its blown out of proportion. I don't know if its a fashion trend or wat. Cuz all my life I have been using Khuda Hafiz and then my nieces one day tell me that oh our Sabak teacher told us to say Allah Hafiz. So I got confused and thought I would ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim_Queen
                    stick to Assalamu Alaikum. That ends all the issues. Plus theres a thread about this somewhere here. Lemme see if I can find it.

here and more
                    Thanks that cleared a lot of things up....very informative.

Comment

Originally posted by Pathan Bhai
                      Salaam,

Why dont we start calling Namaaz a "Salaat"? and why not Roza a "Soam". Thats just not ours!

Use whatever u feel comfortable with.

If you ever read Ibn Battuta's travels, the one thing that he found in the Muslim lands was the homogeneity of religious customs despite the differences in culture...

In all the countries he travelled, wherever he went, he could walk into any city and fulfill his religious obligations easily, because the Islamic terms were kept Islamic...

In those times, if you said 'Salaat' in India, you would be understood from Turkey to Djobouti to Tashkent to Samarkand, because that is the real Islamic term for Salaat...

If in those days, if you said 'Namaaz', the only people who would've understood you would be the Hindustani Muslims being led by the first of the many in the line of mod-Muslim rulers, Akbar...

Islam is a universal religion...The reason it can be claimed as one is that because when the first Muslim reaches Mars by the end of this century :insha:, the first words uttered there would be those which the whole Muslim world would understand...

Like another mod-Muslim ruler, Kamal Atta Turk, the pimp of the once noble Turks, gave the order to call Azaan (Adhaan), perform Salaat and to replace the Arabic script of the Turks with the Latin...

Now, that's division among the Ummah and universality of Islam...It's a nono...

I know Allah and Khuda are synonymous, but how about keeping it local, eh?

P.S. The Qadiyanis do their best to purge Arabic from their religion since their faith evolved from India, hence they keep using words like "Namaaz, roza, wuzu e.t.c..."

Allah Hafiz...
                      Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                      ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Waah, Kia dhansoo taqreer ki hai, sab ko ek hi tasley main rakh ke pees dia, Lajawab

Welcome to ISO 9000 Certified Islam

Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Originally posted by Code_Red
                          Waah, Kia dhansoo taqreer ki hai, sab ko ek hi tasley main rakh ke pees dia, Lajawab

Welcome to ISO 9000 Certified Islam

Tanz acha tha...Ab aik taqreer aap bhi phenk dain mujhay counter karnay kai liye...
                          Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                          ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Hazoor hamari kia Ouqaat, kabhi namaaz parh li our toufeeq hoi tu Ramzan main roza rakh leya...

'Soam-o- Salaat' ke paband tu aap lagtey hain, Taqreer ka haq bhi apko hai, Talqeen ka haq bhi

Che piddi, che piddi ka shorba
                            Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Originally posted by Lajawab

In those times, if you said 'Salaat' in India, you would be understood from Turkey to Djobouti to Tashkent to Samarkand, because that is the real Islamic term for Salaat...

Allah Hafiz...
                              Salaam,

I respect your views. However may be not everyone sees the "ummah" related issues as you do. Islam to me is flexible enough not to depend on standardization of such petty things like language, culture, dress etc.

Khuda Hafiz

Comment

Working...
                              X